Authentic Italian Potato Pizza is one of the most surprisingly delicious pizzas I’ve ever tasted. Have you ever had potato pizza? If not, don’t wait any longer!
I’m going to ask you to trust me on this one, because I had the same trepidation the first time I ever saw a potato pizza in Italy. It looked so “blah” and boring, that I was not tempted in the slightest. This is despite the fact that I’m a

Potato fan. I was much more interested in the traditional tomato topped pizzas, but little did I know that I was really missing out on one of Italy’s best creations.
Prosciutto Potato Pizza With Caramelized Onions
I don’t actually recall when I first tried potato pizza, but I know it was when I was in Rome, probably when I was 19 or 20 years old. It was truly eye-opening. No longer could I simply judge how something would taste, simply because I knew how the different ingredients tasted separately!
Potato pizza has such fabulous flavor. I am not exaggerating when I tell you you will most likely be shocked at how good it tastes. As always, the quality of ingredients is key. You won’t get this delicious flavor by using the wrong potatoes or inexpensive olive oil. As I always say, you really have to use top quality ingredients, more so when there are a minimal of ingredients, such as in this pizza.
I use top quality extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and yellow (or gold) Idaho® Potatoes, which is really the kind of waxy potato that is necessary for this pizza to turn outcorrectly. Use the best quality ingredientsand you’ll end up with a fabulous tasting pizza.
Sausage And Potato Pizza
Why not make potato pizza for breakfast? Just serve a fried egg on top of a slice, or even alongside a slice for a nice change from cereal and pancakes!
In fact, when you make pizza the real Italian way, many things will change. For example, did you know that you should never use tomato paste or cook your pizza sauce! Find out how to make proper pizza sauce here.
Potato pizzas are traditionally make in rectangular pans, but you can use any shape you like. Oil your pan slightly with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Potato Pizza With Crème Fraîche And Bacon Recipe
Shape the dough into the shape of your pan, then place the dough onto it. Drizzle about atablespoon or more of extra virgin olive oil and rub it over the surface evenly. Leave in a draft-free place for a few minutes while you prepare the potatoes.
Using a mandoline slicer or food processor, slice the washed and dried yellow Idaho© potatoes (do not peel) very thinly and place in a bowl. I love my OXO mandoline slicer.
Add enough extra virgin olive oil to coat each slice (2-3 tbsp), then sprinkle lightly with the salt. Using your hands, mix the potatoes so they are evenly coated with oil and salt.
Sweet Potato Crust Pizza
Start layering the potato slices over the pizza dough in the pan, overlapping the slices slightly until all the dough is covered. Unlike a traditional tomato pizza, you don’t need to leave an edge. I did so for thesake of the photos, or else the pizza would just look like slices of potatoes, but I’d recommend going all the way to the edge and will explain why, below).
Drizzle with another 1 tsp or so, extra virgin olive oil. Spread carefully and evenly over the potatoes with your fingertips or a brush.

Place pizza on the floor of the oven, or if you aren’t able to use the bottom, put it on the lowest rack, for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, move the pizza onto the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for another 8 to 11 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to brown.
Homemade Roman Style Potato Pizza Recipe
If desired, reset the oven to broil (grill) and place the pizza on the top rack to make the potatoes a little more brown and crispy. This is the reason it’s best to place the potatoes all the way to the edge of the dough and not leave any exposed crust.
Remove the potato pizza from the oven and cut into slices; serve hot, warm or cold. This pizza reheats really well, just place it back on a tray into a 400˚F (205˚C) oven for about 4 minutes.
Remember I asked ifItalians have ever gotten thefood wrong? Well, ifthe people who are responsible for creating all of this, also invented potato pizza, need I say anything more?
Garlic Truffle Potato Pizza
Please don’t let the length of the instructions intimidate you because half of the text is my tips, recommendations and/or optional steps.
Please leave a review by clicking on the 5 stars above, in the purple header (a form will appear) or tag me on Instagram! 😍

I was sponsored byThe Idaho® Potato Commission to create this recipe, however, I only promote items I use and truly believe in
Loaded Baked Potato Pizza Recipe
Christina’s Cucinais a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking toAmazon.com.This easy and simple yet packed with flavour, classic Roman herbed potato pizza should be on your menu tonight. It has a super crispy thin crust, layers of tender potato slices tossed in olive oil and herbs, and baked to perfection. Plus, you don't need a pizza stone for this one. Make it in an oven-safe skillet or baking pan in just 20 minutes,
A Roman-style pizza is a large pizza with a super thin crust. A Roman-style potato pizza (also called pizza con patate) is topped with slices of potato tossed in olive oil and herbs. It is traditionally made in a rectangular pan and baked in the oven. Today we are making it in a round oven-safe skillet.
You will also need amadeleine slicer for slicing the potatoes, measuring spoons, mixing bowl, oven-safe skillet (or baking pan) and heavy duty oven mitts.
No Knead Potato Pizza
First, prepare the potatoes. Slice them up with amadeleine slicer or knife. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, Italian seasoning, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine until potatoes are evenly coated with seasoning. Set the bowl aside.
Next, transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Sprinkle some flour if needed to prevent stickiness. Place the flattened dough onto an oven-safe skillet or baking pan. Stretch out the dough a bit more to spread it over the entire skillet.

Transfer the skillet into a preheated 450 F oven and bake for 10 minutes until the crust turns golden brown. Optionally, you can turn the oven broiler to high and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until the potato slices turn brown and blistered. But keep your eye closely on the broil, because the intense heat can make pizza crust burn quite quickly.
Best Inverted Pizza With Onions, Potatoes And Thyme Recipe
Did you make this recipe?I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram@or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for myemail newsletterso that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along onInstagram, Pinterest, andFacebookfor more recipe updates.
Easy and simple yet flavourful classic Roman herbed potato pizza has a crispy thin crust with layers of tender potato tossed in olive oil and herbs.Based on a classic Italian recipe, this potato pizza is as delicious as it is simple, topped with paper-thin sliced potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. To make it vegan, just skip the cheese or use shredded vegan cheese instead.
Potato Pizza With Kale Pesto
Wait a minute. Potatoes on pizza?! Isn't that carb overload? The concept might seem strange to you — especially since we're all taught that too many carbs is a bad thing. But potatoes are actually a popular Roman pizza topping, and this is one of the most surprisingly delicious recipes I've made. Biting into a slice of crispy pizza dough blanketed with tender, perfectly seasoned potatoes is a pleasure I never knew I was missing!
As with any other dish with minimal ingredients, the quality of each ingredient is key. Choose an olive oil that tastes good to you; locally grown or organic potatoes with buttery yellow or golden flesh; and the freshest rosemary you can find. If you have a fancy flavored olive oil, this is a great excuse to use it. If you're adding cheese, which I highly recommend unless you're vegan or avoiding dairy, splurge on a small hunk of imported Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano. (Or, visit your favorite local cheese shop and ask for a locally made hard cheese that goes well with potatoes.)

First, slice and soak your potatoes. Using a mandoline slicer* or the large slicer side of a box grater, cut the potatoes into paper-thin slices. Place the potatoes in a bowl of salty water and soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This soaking time softens the potatoes so they get nice and creamy-tender in the oven.
Pizza With Green Garlic, Potatoes And Herbs Recipe
When the potatoes are done soaking, drain them well and
0 Response to "Potato Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar