Redneck Pizza Recipe

Redneck Pizza Recipe

Of a New York style crust - this quick smoked pizza recipe is redneck to the bone. Grab 3 of your favorite pre-made pizzas and fire up the pit!

For this one we just wanted to make something fast and easy for the office. So we grabbed some Take and Bake pizzas from Walmart - two of them meat lovers, the other one was smoked cheese.

-

The plan was to smoke 'em, stack 'em, and stuff our faces with them. If you want, you can easily customize them with anything you like on pizza - like Ghost Pepper for some extra heat - but you can skip that altogether.

Quick Redneck Style Smoked Pizza

Time to fire up the cooker! If you own a large enough rig,  arrange all three of those pizzas on at once and be done in 10 minutes. If that's you, then you're lucky! We did them one by one, smoking them until the crust became crusty.

When pulling the pizzas off of the cooker, we placed them under a large roasting pan to keep them warm till they were all done. Tenting with aluminum foil could aloso work.

That's all there is to it! Stack the three pizzas (we went meat-cheese-meat), and enjoy the added smokey flavor of this messy monster. It's not the usual thing we do on here, but we still thought some of you might enjoy this quick pizza hack!

Sweet Bbq Pizza

Tthis quick smoked pizza recipe is redneck to the bone. Grab 3 of your favorite pre-made pizzas and fire up the pit!

Have you worked with Kosmos for a while, and come up with something even better? Many of our recipes are submitted by our wonderful customers, who come up with all sorts of ideas that we could never think of.

Kick off your Easter morning with these hearty and satisfying Easter Ham & Eggs - breakfast style. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep, you can whip up a breakfast feast that will leave your family and guests asking for seconds.

Cj's Pizza Box

Onion burger meets Patty Melt, creating the World's Best Patty Melt Burger! This simple recipe is crunchy, cheesy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious all at once, all sandwiched between slices of toasted sourdough bread. Prepare your taste buds, this one's impossible to resist.

Grilled

This hearty Cheese Tortellini Soup combines Italian sausage with cheese tortellini in an easy broth with tomatoes, onions, garlic, arugula, and Italian herbs and seasonings. Ready in only a few minutes, it's comfort food at its best!

Everyone wishes that they could have award-winning competition BBQ at their backyard barbecue parties. With Kosmo’s BBQ, that's exactly what you'll have, every time.I decided that for my first post, I needed to make something that I’ve never made before. Then, I decided I needed to make something that would impress all of you, and as such I thought that maybe I should make something I have experience making. This left me in a headache-inducing loop of back-and-forth, and then I came to a brilliant compromise: I could take something I’ve sort of made before, and do it in a way that’s new.

Order St. Catharines Pizza Company

Enter grilled pizza. I’ve made pizza several times, I’ve grilled almost everything there is to grill, but in spite of that I had never put the two together. Then I decided that if I was going to make grilled pizza, I was going to do it RIGHT — no pre-packaged nothin’. When you’re making pizza from scratch, you’ve got to make your dough from scratch, too. After reading a few recipes, I decided that I generally liked this one the best, so I used it as a starting point and off I went.

If you decide to follow this blog, you will quickly learn that, even if I credit a recipe like the one I started with for this dough, I will never, ever actually follow it. Let that be a lesson to you if you try to cook the things you see here: cooking is not science, it’s art. There’s plenty of food chemistry and science you should get a grasp of if you’re going to participate in the art, but never let somebody else’s recipe keep you from making stuff the way you want to make it. Okay, words of wisdom imparted. On to how I actually made my pizza dough.

-

Stir up the yeast water and honey so they all get to know each other. I used a fork because they're easier to clean than whisks, and I hate doing dishes.

Redneck Pizza Review

Take the yeast, water and honey and mix them together in a big mixing bowl and walk away and do something else for a couple minutes so that the yeast can wake up from its nap and start eating the delicious sugars in the honey. Why honey instead of sugar, like the original recipe called for? Because honey is way more delicious and exciting than plain old white sugar,  that’s why.

Once a couple of minutes have passed, put the oil and salt into the yeast and water mixture, and then it’s time to start actually making dough. If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, throw the dough hook attachment onto the end, put about half of your flour into the bowl, and let it mix on low until stuff is combined. If you don’t have a Kitchen Aid, do this by hand. It’s more fun anyways. I started with a mixer, but about 1/3 of the way through the process smoke started coming out the back of it and the kitchen started to smell like an electrical fire, so I switched to the mix-by-hand method. Cooking is all about going with the flow. Keep adding flour and mixing until the dough reaches a consistency that is definitely more solid than cake batter but still moister than cookie dough or most other bread doughs. I actually ended up using the 2 cups of water and 5 cups of flour ratio exactly.

Once you’ve mixed the dough pretty thoroughly, turn it out onto a floured board and knock it around for a few minutes. Something about the process of kneading dough, aside from being a good way to release pent-up aggression and frustration, makes gluten do crazy stuff that makes bread turn into bread, or something. Anyways, rinse out the gunk from your mixing bowl, rub some olive oil in it, and put the dough back into it. Cover it and let it rise for a couple hours. I went to a baseball game and came back. Check out the picture montage to see how much my dough actually rose in about 4 hours.

Redneck

Pepperoni With Marshmallows. It Was Pretty Good Tbh

Once you’ve been amazed by the dough, pull it out onto a floured board again and knead it around for a couple minutes and then make it into an oval shape. I made it into an oval because I’m going to be making 3 pizzas, and the oval was the easiest to cut into three equal sections. Take each section, make it into a round, and wrap it up in plastic wrap covered in oil. The oil will keep the dough from getting nasty crusts on the edge, like Play Dough gets when you don’t close the lid all the way. Put these bundles of gluteny joy into your refrigerator overnight for tomorrow’s pizza making extravaganza.

I made my dough ahead of time because I read somewhere that giving dough time to sit for a day or two makes it sour a little bit and therefore more delicious. I like things that are more delicious, so I followed this advice. When I actually ate the final product, I could definitely tell the crust had aged, and it made for a way more delicious end product.

If you have to pick between making your own dough or sauce, go ahead and make the dough. While I think that homemade sauce is 1000 times better than the stuff in a jar, it is pretty time-consuming and can be expensive. This sauce, however, was crazy cheap, because there’s a grocery store here in Phoenix (I live in Phoenix for the summer, by the way) that has insanely cheap produce prices. Like 50¢/pound tomato prices. It is my favorite place ever. 

Redneck Lasagna — Southern Fried Witch

While there’s a little bit of flexibility to the dough recipe above, there is a ton of flexibility to this sauce recipe. I like to sneak some extra heat into pizza sauce (I used at least a full teaspoon of cayenne in this one), some people like to sneak some extra sweet into theirs with sugar, carrots or even fruit juice. In terms of why I used some fresh herbs and some dried ones, it was purely based on what I had available/what was at the grocery store for reasonable prices.

Redneck

Also, I made way more sauce than I needed for the 3 pizzas. We froze the extra to use next time. If you don’t like freezing stuff, cut this recipe by like 75%.

Take a big stock pot and fill it with enough water to easily cover the tomatoes. Bring the water to a boil, and then put the tomatoes in there, ideally without burning the crap

Quinoa Pizza With Meyer Lemon, Goat Cheese, And Basil

0 Response to "Redneck Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar