Fig Pizza Recipe Gorgonzola

Fig Pizza Recipe Gorgonzola

Bring a taste of the trattoria home with this gourmet Fig Pizza! Layered with juicy, fresh figs, balsamic-caramelized onions, prosciutto, and two Italian cheeses, this rustic, easy-to-prep pizza makes a beautiful presentation.

True story: I was on a date the first time I had this pizza. I was in my 20’s, and we’d gone to a trattoria downtown on a crisp fall evening. One of the specials that night was Fig Pizza. As soon as I spotted it, there was no question about what I was ordering.

Fig

The gentleman I was dining with scrunched up his face when I expressed my excitement, looked at me like I’d suddenly sprouted a second head, and said, “Figs? On

Cal Italia Pizza With Prosciutto And Figs Recipe

Too short, and I’ll eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and any snack possible while I can get my hands on them.

Figs pair so beautifully with salty and savory flavors, like cheese and prosciutto, so they’re prime for topping a gourmet pizza. As I ate dinner that night, I took mental notes so I could re-create the pizza at home.

As I suspected, the date didn’t endure, but this pizza has been on my fall menu for over a decade. True love!

Fig, Gorgonzola, And Prosciutto Pizza

Start by stretching your dough into a 12- to 13-inch circle.I like a nice thin crust, but still thick enough to stand up to the moisture content in the toppings. (

If you’re going to bake the pizza on a stone, transfer the circle to a cornmeal-dusted pizza paddle. If you’re using a pizza pan, lightly oil the pan and sprinkle it with cornmeal.

It helps with crisping the bottom of the crust and minimizes sticking. If you look at the underside of many pizzeria slices, you’ll see the little specks of cornmeal there!

Pizza With Blue Cheese, Figs And Nuts Recipe

Brush the top of the dough with a little bit of olive oil to help it develop a beautiful color as it bakes, then, start layering your toppings.

Unlike a New York-style pizza, where I create distinct layers of sauce, cheese, and toppings, I like to have more overlap with this pizza. It’s sauceless, so I begin with a smattering of some of the caramelized onions for a base.

Then, I start alternating, tucking, and layering the rest of the ingredients. I like to place some of the torn prosciutto pieces under the cheeses and figs so they stay soft. I lay other pieces on top, so they can crisp up and create a nice contrast of texture.

Gorgonzola,

Dandelion Green Pesto, Fresh Fig And Gorgonzola Pizza

Same goes for the figs. Those placed under the cheeses will take on a soft, jammy texture. Those more exposed to the heat will become a bit caramelized.

There’s really no “wrong” way to assemble this pizza. Just leave about a ½-inch border around the edge so you get a nice outer crust and the cheese doesn’t bubble onto your pizza stone or pan.

Then, bake at 475 degrees F until crisp, bubbly, and golden. This will take anywhere from 8 to 15 minutes, depending on whether you’re using a pre-heated pizza stone or a pizza pan. (

Pizza With Lamb, Rosemary, And Gorgonzola

When the pizza comes out of the oven, let it rest for a minute or two so the oils in the cheese and the fig juices can settle. Then, sprinkle with a handful of baby arugula leaves.

So you’ll want to serve the pizza shortly after you’ve added it.Drizzle a little bit of the balsamic reduction over the top of the pizza, finish the whole thing with a few grinds of fresh black pepper, cut into slices, and serve.

Gorgonzola,

Depending on whether you’ve used a mild or piquant gorgonzola, you can pair this pizza with a few different wines. Especially with younger cheeses, I always love a glass of something bubbly, like Prosecco or Brut Rosé. A dry Riesling is also lovely.

Gorgonzola, Fig And Pancetta Pizza

This fresh fig pizza with balsamic caramelized onions, prosciutto, gorgonzola, and fontina, will transport you to a trattoria right in your kitchen! It's a gourmet pizza to savor during fig season.

*To make a balsamic reduction, heat 1 c. of balsamic vinegar in a pot on the stove until bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. The reduction will thicken as it cools.⁠

(This will make more drizzle than you need for the pizza. Store any extra, tightly covered, in the refrigerator, for up to a few weeks.)

Fig And Prosciutto Flatbreads Recipe

Calories: 236 kcal | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 557 mg | Potassium: 144 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 390 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 132 mg | Iron: 2 mg

Fig

About our Recipes: Please note that our recipes have been developed using the US Customary measurement system and have not been tested for high altitude/elevation cooking and baking.

Have you made this recipe? Don't forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe below! Take a picture? Tag @ and # on Instagram!Layered with mozzarella, gorgonzola and prosciutto, this white pizza is topped with fresh figs for an irresistible sweet and savory treat! Flavor-packed fig pizza makes for a wonderfully addictive appetizer or decadent main dish!

Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza

Figs are in season! And by the time I finish writing this post they may already be out of season. Luckily, I’ve made so many fig bakes in the last few weeks that I think I’ll soon be ready to move onto apples, pumpkins and persimmons. But not before sharing my favorite of our fig experiments: this gorgonzola, prosciutto and fig pizza!

For the pizza dough, you can use either homemade or store bought dough. Whichever you decide, about 1 pound (450 grams) of dough is generally just about right for one of these gorgonzola and fig pizzas. That being said, the amount of toppings you like on your pizza is definitely more about personal preference so feel free to adjust to taste.

We like to use our poolish pizza dough recipe for almost every pizza we make at home and this was no exception. If you decide to give the recipe a try, just note that it will make enough dough for two pizzas. We tend to just make two pizzas and enjoy any leftovers the next day, but you could also cut the recipe in half or even freeze the rest for later. It should keep well in the freezer for up to a month.

-

Rye Pizza With Figs, Fennel, Gorgonzola & Hazelnuts Recipe

And that’s it before the baking. No need for sauce or any additional seasonings (although a few red pepper flakes wouldn’t be amiss). Now just bake your pizza on a rack in the lower third of the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. And as soon as it comes out of the oven we’ll add our final toppings:

This post may contain affiliate links through which we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we genuinely love and would use ourselves.

0 Response to "Fig Pizza Recipe Gorgonzola"

Posting Komentar