Vegetarian Pizza Recipes Pinterest

Vegetarian Pizza Recipes Pinterest

This vegan pizza dough is quick and easy to make, with the most perfect crust, and tons of unbelievably vegan pizza toppings, including the best melty gooey vegan cheese! Options for both grilling the pizza and freezing the dough for later too!

I love ordering in pizza as much as the next gal (Colony Grill is my absolute fave, thanks to the fact that they have a vegan pizza option!). But to be honest, other than Colony, not many pizzerias have vegan pizza options.

Homemade

So what do we do? We make our own vegan pizza! It’s honestly SO easy. You are just going to love this super easy vegan pizza recipe, and I think you’ll be shocked out how good it is!

Vegetarian Mini Pizza Della Sicilia — Green Kitchen Stories

We have a perfectly chewy crust that’s flavorful and soft on the inside but tough on the outside to hold up all of your toppings. Then I’m going to share a few of my favorite topping options, as well as a recipe for the pizza I made in the first picture!

And this pizza goes great with a side of vegan focaccia (or gluten free focaccia!) as well- or serve it with a bowl of Tuscan white bean sou!

Now, there are different styles of pizza, but we’re going for a medium crust that’s slightly chewy. Then we top with fresh pizza sauce, cheese, and bake!

Kale Pesto Pizza Recipe

I actually learned how to make pizza from my great grandpa, who’s Sicilian. While this vegan pizza recipe isn’t a true Sicilian pizza, I tried to keep as close to what my great grandpa taught me as possible!

The verdict: my grandmother, his daughter, said that this vegan pizza was honestly one of the best pizzas she’s had. She didn’t even think I used vegan cheese ha (that’s how good vegan cheese can be these days!)!

This post contains affiliate links. This means that when you make a purchase from these links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All recommendations are based on my personal experience and preference! Thank you for supporting The Banana Diaries!

Easy Homemade Vegan Pizza Rolls With Vegetables — Plantbasedredhead

Often times, pizza dough is naturally vegan. The basic pizza dough formula is just water, flour, yeast, and salt. The only times that eggs or dairy are used for a bread recipe is typically just for enriched doughs (like brioche or cinnamon rolls– which we have the vegan options for on the blog!).

As we just mentioned, the ingredients for a pizza dough in general, is so simple.However, since we’re making a vegan pizza, we’ll keep the rest of the ingredients vegan and dairy free as well!

Making a homemade vegan pizza is actually quite simple! It’ll give you a bit of an arm workout, but totally worth it because this vegan pizza dough comes out incredibly.

Greek Style Veggie Pizza

First I’ll walk your through making the dough, and then we’ll go over how to shape the pizza, top it, and bake. There’s even an option for a grilled pizza if you want more of that “fire” taste to the pizza.

As always, the full written instructions for this pizza are found down below in the recipe card. However, let’s go over the basics here!

Making a pizza dough is super simple, and honestly easier than making cinnamon rolls or even bagels. The reason being is that we only need 4 ingredients, and the whole process actually goes pretty quickly.

Popular Pizza Toppings

I make my pizza dough without any sugar. Not that adding sugar is bad, but I just don’t see the need for it when the yeast can be bloomed with just flour.

Vegan

The most important part here where a lot of people slip up is not using the proper temperature water. Your water should be heated to 110F, which will feel warm-hot, but it’s best to use a kitchen thermometer. Too cold, and the yeast won’t bloom, which means the dough won’t rise. Too hot, and the yeast won’t work at all. Here’s a great video on how to activate yeast the right way for pizza dough.

You can also make this pizza by hand or by using a stand mixer. I’ve made dough for years just by hand, and only recently acquired a stand mixer, so it absolutely works! Your pizza will be just as amazing.

Roasted Veggie Cheeseless Pizza + Atlanta Apartment Tour

Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to toss the pizza dough in the air like you see in the movies (though yes, professionals will do that ha!). But since we’re mostly beginners to intermediate chefs, we actually don’t have to toss the dough into the air in order to achieve the round shape (or square if you want a true Sicilian pizza!).

Do not use a rolling pin, as this will deflate the dough, causing it not to rise when you bake it! I simply start by dividing the dough in two (it makes it easier to bake in my oven, but you could make one extra large pizza!). I then form a flat disc with one of the dough balls.

Now, start to press the dough out with your fingers, in a circular shape, being mindful of where your crust is forming on the outer edges. Begin to gently turn the dough in a circular motion as your stretch it out to about 12-16″ in diameter, depending on how big your dough ball is.

Vegan Pizzas Recipe

Once you’re ready to bake your pizza, spread the tomato sauce around the dough, just until the edges. Top with cheese, and place the pizza onto a pizza tray and into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes at 475F.

If you choose to grill, simply start your grill how you normally would and let it heat to about 500F. Arrange all of your toppings ready to go on the side of the grill (this part just takes being prepared!). Lightly brush your vegan pizza dough with a little olive oil on both sides and slide the dough onto the grill.

Paula

Flip the dough after about 2-3 minutes and grill on the other side. Then flip the dough back over and onto the parchment paper, and top with sauce and cheese (saving the basil for when you serve). Slide the simple vegan pizza back onto the grill and cover to let cook for about 2-3 minutes. If your cheese didn’t melt (it’s happened to me once or twice, and it’s because too much time passed between lifting the cover of the grill!), you can place your pizza into an oven at 475F for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese! Then just serve and enjoy 🙂

Classic Cold Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza

I personally love my bean-based vegan mozzarella. It’s so quick and easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients. And really tastes like mozzarella cheese!

For store bought, the best vegan cheese to use for a vegan pizza is Forager Project,  but I also love Violife! These brands I recommend for a few reasons. Both of these dairy free cheeses melt wonderfully, like real cheese, and both dairy free mozzarella versions come very close to the actual flavor of mozzarella (making this an ideal choice if you’re making this pizza for any vegan skeptics!).

The one thing to keep in mind: if you’re nut free, then go with Violife. Forager Project is awesome, but contains cashews. Violife is just as amazing!

Vegan Stuffed Crust Pizza With Homemade Mozzarella And Herb Crust

So most of us don’t have a masonry oven, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make a great pizza at home! If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can use:

Want to make a pizza that’s not just cheese? No problem! Here are some ideas for different vegan pizza recipes other than cheese:

The best part about this vegan pizza dough recipe: you can make two big pizzas from it, and freeze half of the dough!

Simple

Vegan Pepperoni Pizza

I just know your vegan pizza is going to come out amazing! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a review and rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This helps others to find the recipe!

Recommended store bought vegan cheeses: the cheese you choose will be a big determinant as to whether your pizzas turn out great! I recommend Violife shredded mozzarella, as shown, or Miyoko’s Mozzarella Balls. Violife is nut free and soy free, and Miyoko’s contains cashews. Anyone else want to welcome springtime with a pizza? I mean, there’s nothing quite so enticing as a pizza party (not that spring in DC needs any encouragement), or as mouth watering and satisfying.

I love spring and the influx and variety of fresh produce that comes with it. And I don’t know about you, but I just want to put all of that produce on pizza dough and bake it up. So, I did, and this delicious vegan pizza primavera was created! It’s topped with some of my favorite springtime veggies.With burst cherry tomatoes and ribboned zucchini and asparagus.

Vegan Pizza Recipes

This pizza is heavenly with a doughy and crisp bottomed crust, juicy vegetables, creamy vegan cheese, fragrant rosemary, and a garlicky white sauce base. It’s a pizza worth turning your oven on for. Yes, even in this heat! Or save it for a rainy day if you must.

I made an asparagus pizza with a spicy chickpea sauce last spring, and once you’ve put asparagus on pizza

0 Response to "Vegetarian Pizza Recipes Pinterest"

Posting Komentar