Butter chicken pizza – How much do you love cheesy pizza? A lot, right? Then why not turn your favorite food into a magical new dish with this clever idea? Top your pizza with butter chicken and plenty of mozzarella and make this your next family favorite!
From my blogging experience, I’ve learned that the fusion of two totally different cuisines can lead to utterly delicious creations. Sometimes I feel that such fusion recipes are a necessity to keep this blogging journey more interesting. So every now and then, I share a delicious fusion recipe that I really love. You know, these kind of recipes – masala pasta, coconut burfi ice cream, Indian tacos, carrot halwa smoothie. If you are a fan of modern Indian fusion cuisine, these are a must-try.

Although I love classic Indian food, this modern version is my favorite right now. And this butter chicken pizza is one of those recipes. An ultimate combo of classic Italian and classic Indian. This pizza is a killer. Full of flavor and loaded with my favorite toppings. Think pizza topped with your favorite curry, butter chicken. And of course, cheese. Just talking to you about this pizza is making me drool!
Butter Chicken Pizza Recipe
Most often, when I make butter chicken, I also roll out naan or flatbreads to go with it. In this recipe, both these flavors are coming together to make one fabulous pizza, just like a one pot meal. Sounds interesting and so perfect for weeknights, right?
Ok, let’s talk about this pizza base. It’s actually an improvised version of my basic pizza base recipe. Or you could call it a naan pizza. I’ve added a few ingredients so it’ll taste like naan. The entire process of making this base is in the video. So don’t forget to check it out!
Next, the butter chicken. After making the curry, takeout all the chicken and shred them into little pieces. Then simmer the sauce to make it thick. Keep in mind- we are looking for a consistency similar to pizza sauce.
Homemade Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
Now spread the base with the sauce from the curry. Yes, this is our pizza sauce in this butter chicken pizza. Then top with shredded chicken and this goes straight into the oven. Finally, when it comes out of the oven, top with red onions and mint leaves.
If you are a pizza lover, get a pizza stone to make perfectly crisp pizza. I used a pizza stone to bake this pizza. A pizza pan will also do the job, but a stone is always the best option.
Like this butter chicken pizza? Then join Nish Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram to receive the latest updates. Also, check out:Quick, easy and delicious butter chicken pizza is the best way to use up any leftover butter chicken. This is by far my favourite pizza that I have made to date. It has an ultra crispy pizza crust and is topped with saucy butter chicken, red onions, tomatoes, fresh gooey mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of parsley. Make it in entirely in a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet in about 10 minutes. No pizza stone required.
Butter Chicken Indian Pizza Recipe
Prep the ingredients. On a floured surface, gently press the pizza dough with your fingers and shape it into an 8-inch circle. Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Prep the rest of your toppings and have them close by before you start.
Cook pizza on the skillet. Heat a cast-iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Once hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet and spread it over the entire skillet. Quickly add the butter chicken and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced red onions, tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, and chopped parsley on top. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
Transfer pizza to oven. Transfer the skillet into a preheated broiler on high and cook for 3 minutes, until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep a close eye on the broiler because the crust can burn quite quickly.
Grilled Butter Chicken Pizza
Serve. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the pizza onto a plate or cutting board. Slice into 4-6 pieces and serve.
Did you make this recipe?I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram@or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for myemail newsletterso that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along onInstagram, Pinterest, andFacebookfor more recipe updates.
Butter Chicken Pizza: Cheesy Delight With Authentic Indian Flavors
Quick, easy, delicious and saucy leftover butter chicken pizza with an ultra crispy pizza crust is made entirely in a cast-iron skillet in just 10 minutes.
Use an oven-safe skillet. I recommend using a cast-iron skillet. It makes things so easy because you can easily transfer the pizza from the stovetop to the oven without taking it out of the skillet. If you don't have a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, you can use a regular skillet, and carefully transfer the pizza to a parchment-lined baking sheet to broil.
Make your own pizza dough. If you have the time, I recommend making your own pizza dough. It really makes a difference in the taste and texture of the pizza. I used my sourdough pizza dough which yields an airy and chewy crust with great flavour.

Butter Chicken Pizza
Prep your ingredients before you start. Have your toppings prepped and close by before you start. Once your pizza dough hits the skillet, you will need to add them immediately.It’s a bit crazy. I know. But it’s a happy crazy. If you are nodding your head as you read this I think we can be friends.
I’ll take a butter chicken pizza over prosciutto and arugula. Tandoori chicken pizza over mushroom and olive oil. Keema and onion over my beloved margherita.
Never thought I’d say the words. It’s blasphemy. I know. They are coming for my Neapolitan pizza card. I’ll be OK though. It was an imaginary card anyway.
Gluten Free Butter Chicken Pizza
There’s not a lot to pizza. At the surface. Dig a little deeper and it gets as complex as you want it to be.
It’s simple conceptually. That’s the magic. And the danger. There’s nowhere to hide. Everything has to be perfect. The crust. The sauce. The toppings. The fire.
So I thought. Why not make it even harder? And I came up with this. Butter chicken pizza is not a simple pizza. It’s like making dinner twice.
Butter Chicken Naan Pizza
The sauce is important. It’s always important. But it’s really important here. Sets the tone. Brings the whole thing together. Without it this is chicken pizza.
And it’s not really that much harder. You make a sauce. You make some chicken. And you fire a pizza. Easy. If you can make pizza you can make this.

That’s a tough one for people to get their heads around. There are no onions in the butter chicken you love. Trust me. I’ve done the research.
Tandoori Chicken On Pizza? Our Food Critic Explores Indian Pizza Options Around Greater Seattle To Pick His Top 3
I love red onion on desi pizza. And butter chicken pizza is no exception. So I add thinly sliced red onions. It’s wrong. But it’s so right.
No cashews because I’m allergic. That’s the reason I have to leave them out. You can add some raw cashews into the pot along with the tomatoes. A half cup is about right.
There’s no cheese in butter chicken. And in a ying and yang sort of way there’s no cream or butter in butter chicken pizza.
Keto Butter Chicken Pizza
The cheese stands in. Rounds things out. Brings balance. Cream and butter would drag the flavour down. So I leave it out.
I prefer fresh mozzarella for butter chicken pizza. Fior di latte. I like the balance. The way the cheese doesn’t cover the whole pizza.
I have a recipe for pizza dough here on . Takes two days to make. It’s the best I can do. It’s made for high temperature ovens. 750F plus.
Indian Butter Chicken Flatbread
But it isn’t great in a conventional oven. I’ve tried it. 500F. Not something I would serve. Comes out pasty white. And a bit crunchy. Like a giant cracker. Don’t try it that way. It doesn’t work. I promise.

Have a pizza oven? You probably have a favourite dough. Use that. Or try a 2 day room temperature pizza dough. It’s a game changer.
If you are trying to make butter chicken pizza in a conventional oven use whatever dough recipe you know will work. Just make butter chicken pizza. Please.
Indian Inspired Chicken Pizzas
This pizza uses butter chicken deconstructed. Butter chicken sauce. Tandoori chicken. Guess what happens when you mix them together? Yup. Butter chicken.
This is a stripped down version of my full blown posh restaurant butter chicken. Tweaked for pizza. But it makes a pretty convincing butter chicken as well.
Make the sauce. Make the tikka. Toss the tikka into the sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is heated through.
Minute Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
Add 1/3 cup heavy cream. Remove from heat. Add 3 tbsp of butter and 2 tsp honey. Adjust salt to taste. That’s it. Easy.
Love pizza? Love Indian food?
0 Response to "Indian Butter Chicken Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar