Cauliflower Pizza Recipes Vegan

Cauliflower Pizza Recipes Vegan

This Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is egg-free and dairy-free, and has the BEST taste and texture. I love that you can hold it with your hands, like a real slice of pizza!

Unlike my original cauliflower pizza crust, this recipe uses ground flax as a binder instead of eggs. Flax eggs are made by simply stirring together freshly ground seeds and water to make a gluey, egg-like replacement, but since cauliflower is already loaded with so much moisture, we’re using much less water in this recipe to account for that. This gives you a drier pizza crust that you can hold with your hands.

-

This crust is made with just a handful of all-natural ingredients. All you need is some cauliflower (bonus if it’s already “riced” for you), ground flax, almond flour, and seasonings. The key to getting a dry vegan cauliflower pizza crust that you can hold with your hands is to wring-out all of the moisture first.

Healthy And Delicious Vegan And Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust

To do this, you’ll need to cook the cauliflower first. You can steam it or dry roast it, if you’re using fresh cauliflower.

Alternatively, you can buy frozen cauliflower and let it thaw in your fridge overnight. This is my preferred method, because there’s no extra cooking involved. If you use frozen florets, you’ll need to process them in a food processor (affiliate link) first, but many stores are starting to carry frozen cauliflower rice, which makes this recipe even easier!

If you can find frozen cauliflower rice, simply thaw it in the fridge the night before (or you can heat it up if you’re in a hurry), then transfer it to a towel or nut milk bag (affiliate link) and squeeze it until you can’t get any more liquid out. I usually end up with at least 1/2 cup of liquid squeezed out, so it should be a significant amount to get a very dry cauliflower pizza crust.

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust With Chickpeas

Once you have the dry cauliflower “pulp, ” add it to the ground flax, almond flour, and seasonings. It may look crumbly at first, but I find that if you mix it with your hands (or an electric hand/stand mixer) it starts to stick together nicely.

Keep in mind that this is not your average pizza dough. It won’t be stretchy, because there’s no gluten involved. Instead, it will be a pile that you’ll need to press out onto a large pizza sheet. Get your hands wet if the pizza “dough” sticks to them too much, as that will help you press it out. You want the pizza to be a flat and even as possible.

The flatter it gets, the drier the resulting crust will be. I can get this crust to be about 12-14 inches in diameter, or you can make two 6-8 inch pizzas if you prefer something smaller to work with. (It’s easier to flip if they are smaller!)

Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Part 2 Recipe

Bake the pizza crust until it is dry and easy to pick up with your hands, about 45 minutes. You can flip it over at this point and bake for 10-15 minutes more to dry out the other side, but I’m usually impatient and just start adding the toppings after I flip it over. (Tip: Use the parchment paper to help you flip over the large crust. I keep one hand on the crust itself, and pick up the parchment with my other hand to sandwich the crust and keep it from breaking.)

Since this process is still a bit labor-intensive, I recommend making a double batch so you can keep an extra crust in the freezer for an easy pizza night in the future.

This Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is naturally grain-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. I love how easy it is to make using frozen cauliflower rice and ground flax seeds for a healthy pizza night!

Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza (oil Free)

You can skip the cooking and cooling process when using frozen cauliflower. Simply allow the frozen cauliflower to thaw in your fridge overnight, which creates a cooked texture without having to do the extra work. Pulse the thawed cauliflower to create the rice, then drain well using a dish towel.

Calories: 150 kcal , Carbohydrates: 13 g , Protein: 7 g , Fat: 9 g , Sodium: 343 mg , Potassium: 551 mg , Fiber: 6 g , Sugar: 3 g , Vitamin C: 82 mg , Calcium: 80 mg , Iron: 1.5 mg

Crispy

Reader Feedback: Have you tried the cauliflower pizza crust yet? Whether it’s the original recipe or this vegan version, I hope you enjoy this gluten-free alternative!

Vegan Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza

Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter for a free 7-day kick start guide. Plus, you'll get weekly meal ideas & new recipes every week!I - like most of the rest of the population - LOVE pizza. Could probably eat it 3x a week. I will admit, however, that there's a serious lack of high-quality vegan/gluten free pizza out there.

Most have dry, flavorless crusts (think cardboard) and scant vegan cheese, if any. Don't even get me started on cheese-less vegan pizzas. I know vegan cheese isn't anywhere close to real cheese, but it's still a necessary ingredient.

I'm pretty sure cauliflower pizza crusts broke the internet (as the youths say) when they first hit the scene a few years ago. Our collective obsession with carb-counting is clearly to blame; cauliflower-based crusts offered an excuse to eat more pizza under the guise as a health food.

Dairy Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust (vegan)

Let me clarify that when I say our collective obsession - I mean the US in general. I could not care less about the amount of carbs I eat on a daily basis. I will most certainly eat an entire pizza on my own despite the composition of the crust.

It has significantly more flavor than any regular gluten free pizza crust we've tried. It also holds up much better - well enough to eat with your hands. Gluten is what makes regular pizza crust so delicious. Its absence is what makes most gluten free pizza crusts so unenjoyable and difficult to eat.

Vegan

This crispy cauliflower vegan pizza crust has been a godsend in our house. It's easy to make, tastes fantastic, and works with just about any toppings your heart desires.

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Most cauliflower pizza crust recipes contain both eggs and dairy, so it was a bit of a challenge to come up with a crispy vegan version. After innumerable trials, we landed on the perfect crust formula.

By the way - when I say we, I mean my mom. She's the genius behind the recipes. I just take the photos, taste-test everything and write these rambling posts.

Let's talk vegan pizza toppings! Whether you go with a basic cheese or something as *fancy* as this Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza, it's important to start with high quality ingredients.

Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Bbq Pizza

If you make this vegan cauliflower pizza crust, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @crowded_kitchen so we can see what you’ve been cooking.

This cauliflower-based crust is gluten free, eggless, has tons of flavor and the best part - actually gets crispy! Consider your pizza night dilemma solved.

Vegan

*If you can't find frozen cauliflower rice or would rather use fresh, you'll need to rice it yourself in a food processor. Then, steam the riced cauliflower for 4-5 minutes, let cool and remove excess moisture. (Frozen allows you to skip 2 steps - much easier!)Vegan Buffalo cauliflower pizza with onion cream is super flavourful, made with wholesome plant-based ingredients, and is a crowd-pleaser. Cauliflower is coated in a chickpea flour mixture and baked until crispy, and then tossed in spicy Buffalo sauce.

The Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Cooking what I want in 2019! Yes we’ve been on a roll with carbs and cauliflower here, but I wanted to make my ultimate fantasy pizza a reality while we’re still hibernating from the (apparently) never ending snow and cold. This vegan Buffalo cauliflower pizza is a bit of extra work, but it will BLOW. YOUR. MIND.

It’s so, so flavourful. Spicy from the Buffalo-style hot sauce, slightly sweet from the roasted onion cream, tangy from a good drizzle of vegan ranch dressing, and peppery/fresh from a finishing touch of arugula and herbs. I wanted to take this in a white-sauced pizza direction and knew that blending cooked onions into the base of a sauce would give me the velvety and creamy results that I wanted. A little touch of cashews helped with those goals too.

Our cauliflower is battered and baked in the standard way. and then we densely populate the entire surface of the pizza with that spicy, slightly crunchy goodness . Every bite has a ton of the spicy cauliflower. If you’re going to the trouble of battering and baking cauliflower before you even shape your pizza dough, you better make it count!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust 3 Ways

There is a detectable love of Buffalo-style hot sauce goods on this website. If you like this Vegan buffalo cauliflower pizza, you might also be interested in my Buffalo chickpea chili with mushrooms and cashew sour cream, Buffalo chickpea and cauliflower stuffed baked potatoes, or my 7-layer dip Buffalo retried beans.

If it’s still unapologetically winter where

Vegan

0 Response to "Cauliflower Pizza Recipes Vegan"

Posting Komentar