Thin Crust Pizza Recipe Easy

Thin Crust Pizza Recipe Easy

The Salty Marshmallow participates in Target's affiliate advertising program. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site. Please read our disclosure policy.

Easy Thin Crust Pizza is thin but still perfectly foldable with a tasty and slightly crispy crust! A simple weeknight pizza dough made in 30 minutes!

Thin

For those of you that love my super easy 30 minute Miracle Pizza Dough Recipe, I know you are going to love this one as well! This pizza recipe comes out with a perfectly foldable slice and a nice cracker thin crust.  I originally posted this recipe not long after I started my blog, almost three years ago!  I’m giving the post a bit of a facelift with some more detailed instructions as well as a few photos of the pizza making process.  I want you all to see how truly easy it is to make your own pizza at home, and even your own Pizza Sauce!

Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust (4 Ingredients!)

My recipe for thin crust pizza starts with all of the basics.  You will need warm water, regular dry yeast (not instant), olive oil, a little sugar, a bit of salt, and of course flour. This recipe can be made using your stand mixer, or by hand.

Yes!  Because this recipe makes two pizzas, we often save one for later.  Wrap the ball of dough that you want to save in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer safe zip-top bag and freeze for up to three months.  Allow the dough to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using.

Welcome to The Salty Marshmallow! I'm a mom, animal lover, photographer, & kitchen mess-maker. Here you will find the result of my decades-long passion for chasing the best flavors in the kitchen, all meant to be cooked by regular people with busy lives just like you and me.Everyone needs a super easy and universally-loved dinner idea up their sleeve. This Easy Thin Crust Pizza Tutorial will show you how to make shatteringly crisp, outrageously delicious pizza in 20 minutes!

Chicago Thin Crust Pizza Dough

I'm happy to present to you this 20-Minute, Easy Thin Crust Pizza Tutorial, as I know it will make your life more fun, delicious and easy! I've been making this pizza for months now and it's been a life-saver on those busy days when I forget about dinner until 5 or 6 o'clock. It's been wonderful to be able to make a delicious (and decently healthy) pizza with whatever I can scrounge up in the fridge and pantry. It's not a complicated recipe, but I've been testing different oven temps and prep techniques to achieve a super crisp pizza crust, with minimal time and effort involved. I can't wait for you to try it!

It seems to me, that (almost) everyone loves pizza. It's one of those entrees that's popular with kids and grownups alike and it can be served for breakfast lunch or dinner, depending on the toppings. Here at The Café, we never tire of pizza as there's an infinite number of varieties!

The problem with pizza, as I see it, is twofold. First of all, a good pizza takes a fair amount of time to put together. Even a super easy crust recipe takes forethought, planning and at least an hour to mix up, roll out, allow to rise and finally, bake. It makes a delicious dinner with a crisp green salad but it's definitely not one you can whip up on a moment's notice.

No Yeast Thin Crust Pizza Recipe

The second problem with pizza, both homemade and purchased, is that it's generally pretty high in calories and carbs, making it a delicious splurge but perhaps not the most healthy choice for frequent indulging.

Homemade

But what if you could have pizza, with just about any kind of toppings and have it be decently low in calories and carbs (in comparison to classic homemade or purchased pizza)?

The crust accounts for most of the carbs and a good portion of the calories in pizza. According to Eatingwell.com, a medium (12-inch)

Thin Crust Supreme Pizza

But, what if you could have a pizza that was decently low in carbs and calories with a super crisp crust and your favorite toppings for just 8 carbs and around 139 calories per slice? A pizza that would take 20 minutes, start to finish!

Okay, so what's the secret? It's something you can find at pretty much any grocery store. Big flour tortillas. Flour tortillas?? Flour tortilla pizzas are nothing new. People have been probably making them for as long as flour tortillas have been around. But honestly, most flour tortilla pizzas taste like a flour tortilla with pizza toppings. That's not what we're going for here.

Easy

We're going for a shatteringly crisp, super delicious crust that will make the perfect blank canvas for an endless variety of toppings. I discovered that it's all in the prep. Yes, if prepped correctly these Mexican-inspired flatbreads can produce fabulous thin-crust pizza!

Super Fast Thin Crust Pizza Recipe

How does it work? Prepping a tortilla for pizza will take less than 2 minutes. Start by preheating your oven to 375˚F. Place a large flour tortilla (I like to use the 12-inch size) on a sheet pan and brush it on both sides with olive oil (this is where the magic's at, the oil in combination with the oven heat, takes a regular old flour tortilla and transforms it to a thin, super tasty, shatteringly crisp pizza crust.

The next step is a 2½ minute stint in the oven. When you take a peek after 2½ minutes, the flat tortilla will be just begining to turn golden and will have puffed up in areas. At this point, simply remove the pan from the oven, flip the tortilla over and flatten any puffy areas with a metal spatula. Back into the oven it goes for 2½- 3 minutes more. Flip it one more time and again, flatten out any puffiness.

Finish off the pizza with cheese, sauce and your favorite pizza toppings and you're just about done! Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the crust golden and shatteringly crisp. Now, wipe the drool off your mouth as you call the gang for dinner. Don't be surpised if the pizza disappears faster than you can say

Easy

Italian Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe

For the classic pepperoni pizza featured in the images above I followed the directions given in the recipe below for preparing and baking the crust. Then I topped it with 6 ounces of shredded Mozzarella, ¼ cup of Super Easy Pizza Sauce and 1¼ ounces of Boarshead Thin-sliced Pepperoni. After baking I like to sprinkle the whole thing with a shower of Italian seasoning and lots of fresh basil leaves. DELISH!

If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It’s so helpful to other readers to hear other’s results and ideas for variations.

The nutritional information is for the pepperoni pizza pictured above with 6 ounces of Mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup pizza sauce and 1¼ ounces of sliced pepperoni (this is a generous amount of toppings).

Thin Crust Pizza Dough (with Video!)

The Café Sucre Farine is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. The Amazon Affiliate Program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission – and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!Pizza is one of my favorite food. It’s the first thing I cooked when I got my oven. I love all kinds of pizza, thin crust, thick crust, Chicago deep dish or fusion style. Thin crust pizza with homemade dough was the first recipe I tried, because I think it’s the easiest one. I was wrong. I got stuck there since I tried so many times but not satisfied with the outcome. One of the problems is, my oven has a highest temperature of 220 degrees C (430F), which is much lower than it requests to make a nice Italian style hand-tossed thin crust pizza. The other problem is, it’s more convenient to make a batch of dough at one time and freeze it, but the pizza baked by using thawed dough was not as good as using fresh ones.

Thin

I has been trying to bake the dough by different methods to generate different results. I improved the crust by using a pizza stone and making a very very thin dough. That time, the crust turned out so great. I also found out a way to bake crispier crust by using frozen dough. Now I want to share all my experience about how to make delicious dough with you.

This recipe is really long and it looks difficult at a glance. But if you like thin crust pizza, this one is really worth the time. You could make a big batch of dough and freeze them, then take one out whenever you feel like making a pizza. The crust tastes crispy, full of nice smell from the dough and olive oil, and retains a nice chewiness. It is perfect with fresh vegetarian, savory, or any other toppings you could think of. Just remember,

Thin Crust Bbq Chicken Pizza

0 Response to "Thin Crust Pizza Recipe Easy"

Posting Komentar