This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. This helps keep the content on this site free. Please read full disclosure (Disclaimer) for more information.
The best pizza I’ve ever had was in an adorable little restaurant in Sorrento on the Almafi Coast of Italy. Sorrento is very close to Napoli (Naples) which is the birthplace of Neopolitan style pizza. Neopolitan pizza is characterized by an extremely thin base and a soft pillowy crust. Traditionally they are baked in an extremely hot wood burning oven in mere minutes.

Although this exact experience can’t be perfectly replicated without a full wood burning pizza oven, this recipe will help you get quite close.
Spicy Sausage Pizza
This Spicy Sausage Pizza has it all. Salt and heat from the sausage, fat from the mozzarella, acid from the marinara, and a beautiful chewy crust. It’s savory and sumptuous. The fattiness of the sausage is perfectly offset by the addition of sundried tomatoes and the brightness of the marinara sauce. The gooey mozzarella compliments the caramelized sausage topping beautifully. Finally, the flavour and chew from the cold fermented dough is perfectly finished by a quick bake on a very high heat. I promise that if you try this pizza recipe, it will become a favourite in your home.
00 Flour is far more finely milled than regular flour. Because of its composition, it results in the much chewier pizza crust characteristic of Neapolitan pizza.
Yes. The result will not be the same as if you make it with an open flame, but you will still have a delicious pizza.
Impossible™ Spicy Sausage & Red Onion Pizza Recipe
If you don’t have a pizza stone you could just use a pan, however I would strongly recommend using one. Pizza stones simulate the base of a pizza oven.
Neapolitan pizza originated in Napoli and characterized by a thin soft base and a chewy crust. Because it is so thin, it can’t handle too many toppings.
You can speed up the fermentation process by leaving your dough to rise covered at room temperature until doubled in size, instead of refrigerating it for 72 hours. When dough ferments the yeast eats the sugar in the dough, resulting in a tangy flavour and good chew. By refrigerating and cold fermenting the dough, that process is slowed thereby allowing more time to develop flavour and chew before the yeast eats all the sugar and begins to turn to alcohol. If possible I strongly recommend allowing your dough to cold ferment for at least 24 hours.
Sausage Onion Flatbread Pizza
If you want to freeze your pizza dough, put it in the freezer instead of fermenting it in the fridge. Make sure to defrost it in the fridge overnight and then leave it on the counter for two hours before using.
Yes. The ideal window of time to cold ferment your dough is between 24 and 72 hours. After 72 hours, the yeast will eat up all the sugar in the dough an start turning it into alcohol which will change the taste.
Passata is crushed, strained, tomatoes. There are many brands and styles of passata, but I like to buy Mutti which is bottled in Italy. It is smooth and brightly flavoured with fresh tomatoes. If possible, buy passata that has no spices or herbs so that you can season your sauce to your own tastes.
Sausage Pizza Recipe: How To Make Sausage Pizza Recipe
Canned tomatoes can be purchased whole, diced, or crushed. The two products are mostly interchangeable in terms of taste, but the resulting texture is quite different. I like to use passata because it results in a smooth and velvety sauce that is preferred by my family. If you like a chunkier sauce, use canned tomatoes and simply squish them with your hands before adding them to your pan.
If you don’t have access to 00 flour you can substitute regular all purpose instead. The dough may not be quite as tender, but it should still have a nice flavour and chew.

Of course. My husband likes spicy sausage which is why I used it. I also find that the heat cuts the richness in this pizza.
Homemade Sausage Pizza & Pizza Sauce Recipe
Cooking With Carbs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, but all of the equipment listed on this site is recommended without incentive and are products I strongly believe in.
Although this recipe requires a significant amount of advanced prep to get great dough, once you’re ready to cook it will come together quickly. Following a few simple tips will help you make a great sausage pizza.
The marinara can be made in advance and stored for up to four days. The dough can also be made in advance and frozen until you are ready to use it.
Sausage Pesto Pizza Recipe
I wouldn’t recommend saving this delicious pizza to eat later. However if you must, I suggest reheating it on a hot pan and not in the microwave.
This recipe creates a LOT of marinara sauce! Each of the following dishes would be a perfect use for all that leftover delicious sauce!
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/8229081-b552c32d02054be8b41941dc5fb1bb10.jpg?strip=all)
I’d love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a comment and rating below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #cooking.with.carbs.
Sausage And Radicchio Pizza Recipe
This Spicy Sausage Pizza is savoury, salty and delicious. The crust is chewy and soft, while the marinara is bright and fresh and the mozzarella and sausage mixture are deeply flavourful. I promise you that once you try making this pizza it will become your new go to recipe.
Sodium: 4231 mg | Calcium: 187 mg | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Vitamin A: 230 IU | Sugar: 1 g | Fiber: 3 g | Potassium: 368 mg | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Calories: 788 kcal | Saturated Fat: 16 g | Fat: 53 g | Protein: 26 g | Carbohydrates: 57 g | Iron: 5 mg
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Easy homemade thin crust three cheese spicy sausage and pepperoni pizza! A perfect addition to any pizza night or game day menu!
Turkey Sausage Pizza
We’re nearly to February and I’m starting to wonder if this winter is going to be a dud. It’s been frigid, but typical years we’d have had a bunch of big snow producing storms by now. We’ve barely had much of anything and when we have had snow, it’s been far less than what was predicted. I’m not overly complaining but the snow is fun for a while, especially for the kids and pup. It’s also pretty to look at, at least for a few days. Then it gets dirty and I’m quickly over it. I’d honestly be okay with a consistent pretty, light snow that doesn’t quite accumulate.
Are you ready for this weekend? I’m not always excited for sports. The Super Bowl is another story, whether my local team is playing or not. Of course, they are, so the game will be more interesting to me. But, besides that… there are the commercials, the time with family and of course the snacks! I’ll be honest, I haven’t even begun to think about what food I want to have on hand for the day of… besides pizza. That’s an obvious choice. And always homemade. It’s the best.

A necessary addition to any game day menu… pizza! Right? I love pizza night but game day is absolutely an excuse to have a slice or two. And there are so many fun flavor options!
How To Make Sausage For Pizza Toppings
This pizza is a must make for game day or any pizza night! An easy homemade dough, shaped and spread thin. It’s topped off with a perfect blend of hot Italian sausage, three varieties of cheese and pepperoni! Need more heat? Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Not quite a fan of spice? Use mild or sweet sausage instead. This pizza is super customizable and a guaranteed favorite!
If you’re looking for even more fun pizza options, I have over 30 homemade pizza recipes right here, on Baked by Rachel! Check them out. Try them all. You’re guaranteed to find some new favorites!Italian sausage pizza — just saying it out loud makes us hungry! If you’re familiar with (and a fan of) the classic combination of sausage, peppers, and onions, you are going to love this bold, flavorful grilled sausage pizza. We’re sharing our tips and tricks for making the best grilled pie, and how to cook it so that the crust is crispy, but not burnt, and the cheese is ooey, gooey melty!
Looking for more pizza recipes? Be sure to try our BBQ Chicken Pizza (it’s a copycat recipe from CPK!) and our Burrata Pizza!
Sausage And Peppers Pizza
When we’re using sausage as a pizza topping, we always opt for hot Italian sausage. You’ll want to remove the natural casings and discard. The sausage will get broken into smaller pieces as it cooks. If you prefer a sweet Italian sausage, that will of course work too!
If you’re not familiar with fennel, it’s similar in

0 Response to "Sausage For Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar