This margherita pizza recipe tastes like an artisan pie from Italy! It’s the perfect meld of zingy tomato sauce, gooey cheese and chewy crust.
. This iconic Italian pie is truly something special: stretchy mozzarella cheese, garlicky pizza sauce, and peppery basil all piled on a chewy, charred crust. We’re so enamored with it that we’ve spent years researching authentic Italian pizza methods, interviewing experts, and even traveling to Naples Italy to taste it for ourselves! Here are the secrets to making the very

Invented in the 1800s, pizza margherita showcases the colors of the Italian flag: red from the tomato sauce, white from the mozzarella, and green from the basil. The story goes that the margherita is named after Queen Margherita of Savoy, an Italian queen in the 1800’s.
Classic Margherita Pizza Recipe
It’s easy to make margherita pizza with a few tools and tips! To get that authentic Italian crispy-on-the-outside crust, you need to bake it at a very high temperature. The key? A blazing hot pizza stone. Here are the tools you’ll need to make truly great pie:
Great margherita pizza needs a great dough. Here at A Couple Cooks, we’ve been working on our recipe for over 10 years. Our dough recipe incorporates tips from some of the premiere pizza chefs in America, who themselves have studied the pizza in Naples. Here’s what to know:
In Italy, the traditional margherita pizza ingredients for toppings are mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and basil. The sauce is generally made from crushed tomatoes, seasoned with garlic, salt and herbs. Often the cheese used is
How To Make Classic Pizza Margherita Like A Pizza Chefvincenzo's Plate
, a fresh cheese made from the milk of water buffalos that has a creamy texture and delicate flavor. Because the toppings are so simple, they must be
It takes a little bit of practice, but you’ll be making homemade margherita pizza in no time! You can put your know-how to use in our other favorite pizza recipes, too. Let us know what you think of this Italian icon: it really is the best pizza you can make at home!My search for the besthomemade margherita pizza (made in a standard oven with everydayingredients) is over! You’ll want to make this homemadepizza recipe over and over again. For step-by-step dough instructions, checkout themargherita pizzavideo below!
The time has come! I’ve been teasing you on Instagram for weeks, and I sincerely apologize. I was busy eating this margherita pizza.
Neapolitan Pizza Recipe
. Let alone, put it in caps! Sure, I’ll say that something is delicious, but declaring such bold statementsgenerally makes me extremely uncomfortable. I’m terrified that you will go home andmake
I’m not an authority on homemade pizza by any means, but I’ve definitely eaten my share of pizza, both excellentandnot so great.
Margherita pizza that I’ve ever eaten in my entire life was in Naples, Italy a few years ago during our trip to the Amalfi Coast. We stood in line in acobblestone street just off ofVia Tribunali in the historic neighborhood(known for having the best pizza places in the entire world), andsnaggedatable at the famousGino Sorbillo.

Margherita Pizza Recipes
It’s always a good sign when you’re in Italy and a million other Italians are standing in line for the exact same pizza. No tourists, just Italians. It wasn’t fancy in the slightest. There was a disco light hanging from the ceiling and the cups were of the flimsy plastic variety.
Homemade margherita pizza, I’m taking all of these pizza-eating experiences into account. I’m not going to claim that this pizza tastes identical to a true Neapolitan pizza or that you’ll never taste a better pizza outside of your kitchen again. That would be ludicrous (and slightly obnoxious) and just not true.
But I do believe that this is thebestmargherita pizza that you’ll be able to make in your own kitchen, with a standard oven, with normal everyday ingredients (no fancy flours required), and without preparing anincredibly time-intensive pizza dough days in advance.
Gino D'acampo's Classic Margherita Pizza
First things first. Let’s talk equipment. A baking stone or steel is amust for great pizza at home.A few years ago, I replaced my traditional baking stone with a baking steel. It is a game-changer.
Bread at home. Baking steels absorb the heat from your oven and allow you to mimic brick-ovens, which generally reach temperatures in excess of 800degrees Fahrenheit. They help you achieve crispycrustsby pulling moisture from whatever dough you are baking, includingpizza crusts.

Wooden or metal, it will allow you to slide the pizza quickly onto the baking stone and make it much easierto remove thepizza from theoven once it is done.
Pizza Margherita Recipe
If you don’t own a pizza peel (or don’t want to own a pizza peel), you can use the back of a large baking sheet or flat cookie sheet to transfer the pizza onto the stone – but it is tricky!
For the best margheritapizza, you will want to preheat your oven tothe highest temperature possible.For my oven, that is 550 degrees Fahrenheit. I allow my bakingsteel to preheat for
30 minutes (regardless of whether my oven is ready as it takes time for your baking stone to come to temperature). The higher the temperature the better.
Easy Margherita Pizza
My search for the best homemade margherita pizza (made in a standard oven with everyday ingredients) is over! This classic pizza is made with everyday ingredients and topped with a simple fresh pizza sauce made from canned tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. You’ll want to make it over and over again!

If you maintain a sourdough starter, I highly recommend preparing this pizza with sourdough pizza dough! It offers a flavor and texture that cannot be replicated.
Serving: 1 serving , Calories: 750 kcal , Carbohydrates: 89 g , Protein: 33 g , Fat: 29 g , Saturated Fat: 13 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 13 g , Cholesterol: 69 mg , Sodium: 1598 mg , Fiber: 5 g , Sugar: 6 g
Recipe: Margherita Pizza — 3ten — A Lifestyle Blog
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my privacy policy for more information.When I went to Italy, one of my top priorities was to take a cooking class. I found a pizza and gelato class and signed up. The class was held at FlorenceTown cooking school – a large kitchen with several cooking stations and lots of equipment. The Italian chef teaching us was amazing – he had such a good feel the food he was working with. The way he formed the pizza dough and worked with the dough was artful. He also had a great eye for measurements without actually measuring things. He talked to us about treating our ingredients with care and also about choosing really high quality items for our recipes. I loved learning from a chef in Florence how to make Italian Margherita Pizza.
One interesting fact he told us was that most people that have a gluten allergy in the US can eat any type of pizza, pasta, or bread in Italy – the flours and grains are a lot less processed so apparently they don’t cause allergic reactions. Also, the dough proofs for several days in most Italian margherita pizza, so the yeast breaks down a lot of the gluten. A girl in our class confirmed this happened to her friend on their trip – she was allergic to gluten but came to Italy and ate all the pizza and pasta and felt great. Crazy to learn this! So… our instructor advised us to find the most natural kind of flour we could when making pizza (or pasta) at home. Hopefully this will help you when you go to make thisItalian Margherita Pizza.
When I got home I was excited to use the techniques he’d taught us about handling the dough, shaping it, and really letting it proof to get that bubbly crust. My husband and I whipped out our Flour Water Salt Yeast cookbook and used the techniques I’d learned, along with Ken Forkish’s awesome pizza dough method and recipe to create this delicious Italian margherita pizza. My husband has been making some amazing breads recently from this cookbook and it’s the best. The recipes take a little time but are delicious (they’re not tough recipes, just take a lot of time to proof).

Authentic Neapolitan Margherita Pizza
I should also say that before this class, I’d made pizza almost every weekend for years for our family – I definitely wasn’t a new pizza maker – BUT I still had so much to learn! The way they make the dough, proof it, and treat it tastes SO MUCH BETTER than a typical pizza dough I’d always made. You really need to let the dough rest and proof for a long time for the yeast to start breaking down some of the gluten. This Italian margherita pizza is amazing. The crust is bubbly and light, and it’s crispy on the edges but chewy inside.
There are a lot of details in the crust recipe, but don’t be intimidated. Basically you’re just making dough, then letting it rise, then refrigerating it to let it proof for a while. That’s it. We did cook ours on a pizza stone which I’d say is important to have
0 Response to "Italian Margherita Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar