Banh Mi Pizza Recipe

Banh Mi Pizza Recipe

Quite possibly the best fusion pizza of all times... get ready to meet your new fav summer dish! Introducing the Veggie Banh Mi Pizza!

I can vividly remember the first time I had a Banh Mi sandwich. Matt and Adam took me to their favorite local sandwich shop a few miles away from the studio. To say I was skeptical would be an understatement. In case you forgot, I was a picky eater growing up 🙂 And veering away from my grilled cheese was not something that happened frequently.

Banh

But, they are the bestest friends a girl could ask for an they insisted that I branch out and give it a go. Ever since then, I've been living in Banh Mi bliss! I'm obsessed! I'll order a Banh Mi anywhere I go. With pork, seafood, beef, chicken, tofu... you name it! I'm an equal opportunity Banh Mi eater and if you haven't had the opportunity to try one yet... this is your moment!

Banh Mi Pizza Recipe With Sesame Ginger Pork

This Banh Mi pizza takes the best part of theBanh Mi sandwich, all those pickled veggies, herbs and sauce and loads it up on perfectly cooked pizza crust. The result is mind blowing and delicious. Perfect for when you want pizza but it's a little too hot to have all the melted cheese and sizzling pepperoni! It's refreshing and colorful and I know you're going to love it!

Quite possibly the best fusion pizza of all times… get ready to meet your new fav summer dish! Introducing the Veggie Banh Mi Pizza!

I love the shortcut of pizza dough from the deli. This allows you to mix up your own sauce and do a quick pickle, which will all give you much more flavor than premade ingredients.

Veggie Bánh Mì Pizza With Crispy Tofu

Calories: 452 kcal | Carbohydrates: 76 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 0.03 mg | Sodium: 2152 mg | Potassium: 401 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 23 g | Vitamin A: 14575 IU | Vitamin C: 17 mg | Calcium: 46 mg | Iron: 4 mg

Welcome to What's Gaby Cooking! I'm Gaby! I'm a chef, cookbook author (NYT Best-Seller), entrepreneur, and mom and I’m here to bring you easy, healthy, comforting recipes that you and your friends and family will love!I’m sharing this ridiculous pizza from a very lazy Sunday pajama day. As in one of those days where you stay in your pajamas aaaaallllll day long. The whole family. Jammies. All day. We are being bubble heads (as in too much screen time) and vegging out completely while a crazy storm rages outside.

Pete and the kids are downstairs, and my lovely mother-in-law is busy making baklava downstairs (smells so good). And I am totally hiding upstairs watching a Twilight marathon. Anyone else this pathetic today!?

Chicken Meatball Bahn Mi Skillet Pizza

But what I am really doing is craving this Bahn Mi Pizza. After I made this sandwich a couple weeks ago, I kind of couldn’t get over it and had to recreate the flavors somewhere else. That’s where this pizza came in. It was my sister-in-law Natalie’s idea and it was pretty genius.

-

It is all of the amazing fresh flavors of a bahn mi pizza (flavorful pork, fresh cilantro, pickled carrots, cucumbers and spicy delicious sauces) on a crispy golden crust. Dinner tonight anyone?

Whisk together the fish sauce, honey, vegetable and sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and black pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Place a few pork tenderloin medallions in between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap and gently pound them ¼” flat with a meat pounder or rolling pin. Set aside and repeat with the remaining medallions. Place the medallions in a Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and shake it around to fully coat the pork. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. In a medium sized pan, add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and cook half of the pork over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side . Repeat with the other half of the oil and the pork.

Banh Mi Pizza.

Warm the rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. When you have brought it to a simmer, whisk well to make sure that the sugar and salt have disintegrated. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool completely. Add the carrots and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Roll the dough out into a large circle and fold over the edges to create a crust. Rub the crust with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake the pizza in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.This recipe and photos were provided by Sally Roeckell of Table and Dish and were originally published at 365Barrington.com as a part of the Heinen’s 4 P.M. Panic Series.

Veggie

When writing my “4PM Panic” posts, I try to bring you recipes that can be put together easily. Sometimes the panic is not caused by a lack of time or effort, but by a lack of fresh ideas. How many times have you walked through the store thinking WHAT can I make for dinner tonight? Somebody PLEEEEEASE tell me what to make. Here you go… Make this. This week’s recipe for Banh Mi Pizza has a few more ingredients and takes a bit of prep work, but it’s well worth it.

Help: Bahn Mi From Pizza Tree

The colors in Heinen’s produce aisle are vibrant and bright. We’ve escaped winter and this recipe incorporates all the beautiful colors of spring. Everybody loves pizza, I think, right?? Here you can enjoy pizza and get your veggies too.

Have you ever had a Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich? If you haven’t, then you have one more thing to add to your bucket list. I had mine for the first time this year on a business trip. It was recommended by one of my colleagues. She was getting it and I wanted to be an adventurous team player so I went for it. Unbelievable!

Banh Mi is loosely translated as bread or baguette. Typical Banh Mi sandwiches are usually compiled of pork belly or cold cuts, pickled veggies, spicy sauce, and sometimes the richness of a fried egg. Why would you ever refuse a fried egg?? You know where I stand on this! The restaurant where I first tried this delicious sandwich served theirs with grilled shrimp and paté, adding a whole new level to the richness factor. The main common theme is great bread and pickled veggies with a little spice.

-

Banh Mi Pizza [quick And Easy!!]

One of our favorite dinners to make together is pizza so this time we decided to recreate the flavors of the traditional Banh Mi onto our pizza. For my friends who need five ingredients or less, sorry this is a bit lengthy and involved. I promise you’ll be happy you took the time.

I did some research to see if anyone else has ever had this same craving. I’m not alone. This recipe is adapted from one I found at Half Baked Harvest.

Note: If you’re feeling adventurous try adding a few grilled shrimp and a few ounces of duck liver paté to one of your pizzas instead of the meatballs.

Homemade] Bahn Mi Pizza

0 Response to "Banh Mi Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar