There’s nothing better than a classic hot dog. Always piping hot and bursting with all-American flavors, they’re a popular pick in our household.
I’m the kind of person who usually tops my hotdogs with the same ol’ thing every time. That’s right folks, I’m a strict mustard and ketchup kind of gal.

Now, these are totally reliable condiments to go with, but I felt like switching things up one day. Out of nowhere, I created a game-changing snack – these deliciously saucy Pizza Hot Dogs.
Flower Hot Dog Buns
You might not think that hot dogs could be improved, but with a dash of pizza sauce, pepperoni, and plenty of cheese, this staple snack promises to take summer garden parties to new heights.
Although you can use regular buns for this recipe, I love swiping a generous amount of butter onto the bread before adding my toppings. I feel that it gives these pizza hot dogs an extra bit of depth that butter naturally brings.
You can switch this recipe up using your favorite pizza toppings, so feel free to throw on veggies, jalapenos, cured meats, or anything else you fancy using!
Minute Air Fryer Hot Dogs
These Pizza Hot Dogs were a total hit at my last BBQ, as they’re incredibly filling thanks to the extra toppings and cheese. If you want to make these for a midweek meal, I highly recommend involving your kids. My little ones loved getting involved, and there’s nothing complex about this recipe that you’d need to watch out for safety-wise.
You don’t need many things to make Pizza Hotdogs a reality. In fact, you probably have most of these items to hand already!
If you know that you won’t be eating your Pizza Hot Dogs immediately, I recommend keeping the ingredients separate until you’re ready to eat them. This will keep your buns fresh and your ingredients in peak condition.
How To Use Leftover Hot Dog Buns
The hot dogs should store safely in food storage bags and the marinara sauce can be placed in a Tupperware container for a few days before being thrown out.

You may be able to store your fully formed Pizza Hot Dogs in the fridge for a couple of days before reheating them in the oven. However, keep an eye out for soggy buns as they simply won’t reheat well if the bread has been soaked through.
Follow me on Instagram@blog, Facebook atSimply Stacie, TikTok@recipesor Pinterest at@and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Serving: 1 g | Calories: 556 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 20 g | Fat: 38 g | Saturated Fat: 18 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 87 mg | Sodium: 1331 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 7 g

The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Loaded Cheesy Baked Hot Dogs
Stacie Vaughan is the founder of the food blog, Simply Stacie. She lives in Ontario, Canada and is the mom of two daughters and three cats. Her passion is creating and sharing delicious and easy recipes that anyone can make. She's been blogging since 2008 and many of her recipes have appeared in both online and print publications over the years. Learn more about Stacie.Okay, okay, I know I’m killing you over here with all the hot dogs and pizza, but hear me out! I had the amazing idea for the Elote Hot Dogs . I made them and they were everything I could have imagined. We gobbled them up and everyone was happy. Then I looked in the fridge and saw all the leftover ingredients from the elote and I thought – ah ha! Elote Pizza would be epic! So I made Elote Pizza , it was delicious, we gobbled it up, everyone was happy, yaddy yaddy yada. Then I had a problem because I had leftover hot dogs and leftover pizza ingredients, also known as shredded mozzarella, which to me means pizza, so I had to come up with something to use them both up. I had to! The leftovers made me do it!
I am so happy I did because otherwise I might have never discovered how – insert explicit word here – delicious Pizza Hot Dogs are. Hot Dogs are a summer guilty pleasure and pizza is just plain amazing all the time so together is like something straight out of your food fantasies. The hot dog is smothered in marinara sauce and gooey melted mozzarella.
If that wasn’t enough, the tricked up potato buns are on a whole other level. I love potato rolls because they’re buttery and a little sweet. I brushed the tops of the buns with a combination of melted butter, freshly grated Parmesan, chopped parsley and garlic powder before broiling them until toasty. Basically, giving the bun a whole garlic bread quality that is out of this world.

Pizza Hot Dogs
Matt and I quickly decided that every time we consume a hot dog it needs to be on these buttery, cheesy, garlicky rolls. We also decided that we can’t eat another hot dog for like three years and I’m never allowed to make so many hot dogs and pizza recipes in one week ever again.
Now I’m going to share something equally delicious with you on Friday and when you see it, before you yell at me, just keep in mind that I made and photographed the whole elote – hot dog – pizza trio months ago and I just made Friday’s up-coming post the other week. So my advice to you is to ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY make these Pizza Hot Dogs as soon as possible! Unless you just made the Elote Hot Dogs or the Elote Pizza , in which case my advice is wait a couple weeks then ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY make these Pizza Hot Dogs. Enjoy!
0 Response to "Hot Dog Bun Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar