Non Dairy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe

Non Dairy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe

This Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is egg-free and dairy-free, and has the BEST taste and texture. I love that you can hold it with your hands, like a real slice of pizza!

Unlike my original cauliflower pizza crust, this recipe uses ground flax as a binder instead of eggs. Flax eggs are made by simply stirring together freshly ground seeds and water to make a gluey, egg-like replacement, but since cauliflower is already loaded with so much moisture, we’re using much less water in this recipe to account for that. This gives you a drier pizza crust that you can hold with your hands.

-

This crust is made with just a handful of all-natural ingredients. All you need is some cauliflower (bonus if it’s already “riced” for you), ground flax, almond flour, and seasonings. The key to getting a dry vegan cauliflower pizza crust that you can hold with your hands is to wring-out all of the moisture first.

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

To do this, you’ll need to cook the cauliflower first. You can steam it or dry roast it, if you’re using fresh cauliflower.

Alternatively, you can buy frozen cauliflower and let it thaw in your fridge overnight. This is my preferred method, because there’s no extra cooking involved. If you use frozen florets, you’ll need to process them in a food processor (affiliate link) first, but many stores are starting to carry frozen cauliflower rice, which makes this recipe even easier!

If you can find frozen cauliflower rice, simply thaw it in the fridge the night before (or you can heat it up if you’re in a hurry), then transfer it to a towel or nut milk bag (affiliate link) and squeeze it until you can’t get any more liquid out. I usually end up with at least 1/2 cup of liquid squeezed out, so it should be a significant amount to get a very dry cauliflower pizza crust.

Cauliflower Crust Pizza [vegan]

Once you have the dry cauliflower “pulp, ” add it to the ground flax, almond flour, and seasonings. It may look crumbly at first, but I find that if you mix it with your hands (or an electric hand/stand mixer) it starts to stick together nicely.

Keep in mind that this is not your average pizza dough. It won’t be stretchy, because there’s no gluten involved. Instead, it will be a pile that you’ll need to press out onto a large pizza sheet. Get your hands wet if the pizza “dough” sticks to them too much, as that will help you press it out. You want the pizza to be a flat and even as possible.

The flatter it gets, the drier the resulting crust will be. I can get this crust to be about 12-14 inches in diameter, or you can make two 6-8 inch pizzas if you prefer something smaller to work with. (It’s easier to flip if they are smaller!)

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Bake the pizza crust until it is dry and easy to pick up with your hands, about 45 minutes. You can flip it over at this point and bake for 10-15 minutes more to dry out the other side, but I’m usually impatient and just start adding the toppings after I flip it over. (Tip: Use the parchment paper to help you flip over the large crust. I keep one hand on the crust itself, and pick up the parchment with my other hand to sandwich the crust and keep it from breaking.)

Since this process is still a bit labor-intensive, I recommend making a double batch so you can keep an extra crust in the freezer for an easy pizza night in the future.

This Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is naturally grain-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. I love how easy it is to make using frozen cauliflower rice and ground flax seeds for a healthy pizza night!

Vegan

Dairy Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust (naturally Gluten Free & Grain Free)

You can skip the cooking and cooling process when using frozen cauliflower. Simply allow the frozen cauliflower to thaw in your fridge overnight, which creates a cooked texture without having to do the extra work. Pulse the thawed cauliflower to create the rice, then drain well using a dish towel.

Calories: 150 kcal , Carbohydrates: 13 g , Protein: 7 g , Fat: 9 g , Sodium: 343 mg , Potassium: 551 mg , Fiber: 6 g , Sugar: 3 g , Vitamin C: 82 mg , Calcium: 80 mg , Iron: 1.5 mg

Reader Feedback: Have you tried the cauliflower pizza crust yet? Whether it’s the original recipe or this vegan version, I hope you enjoy this gluten-free alternative!

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza With Basil Pesto

Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter for a free 7-day kick start guide. Plus, you'll get weekly meal ideas & new recipes every week!Every time I see cauliflower pizza crust as a menu option, I know it isn’t dairy-free. Most recipes use cheese, and lots of it, to make the crust cohesive. But this dairy-free cauliflower pizza crust is completely cheese-less! It’s still gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and relatively low-carb, but it’s a lighter option made with simple, wholesome ingredients.

This recipe was shard with us by Dole, in honor of the Disney and Pixar film, Soul. It pays homage to Joe Gardner, the main character, who fed his soul with his passions for jazz and pizza. This cauliflower pizza crust makes homemade pizza accessible to all types of diets, including those who follow a dairy-free keto or paleo diet. We’ve included this Thai pizza topping option for you to enjoy, and to help inspire your own creations.

Dairy

Paleo Thai Pizza Option The pizza pictured is topped with Thai red curry shrimp and 1/2 of a Dole Slawesome Mango Sriracha Salad Kit, prepared. It’s a cabbage and carrot slaw with a fruity and spicy dairy-free dressing. To make the shrimp, toss 1/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp with 1½ teaspoons Thai red curry paste in a small bowl. Top the par-baked pizza with the shrimp, 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, and 1/4 cup red onion. Prepare half of the salad kit and scatter it atop your pizza. Garnish with 1/4 cup chopped cucumber and 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts. Finish baking the pizza as directed in the dairy-free cauliflower pizza crust recipe below.

Bang Bang Cauliflower Pizza

By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and paleo friendly. It’s also suitable for some low carb and keto diets. If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone! See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?

This recipe is infused with cauliflower, that's finely minced, but not pureed, to help provide a tender structure. Raw cauliflower minces rather easily in most blending appliances. I've even pulsed it in a personal-size blender (in batches) with good results.

Alisa is the founder of , Food Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, and the new cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, and Sweets. Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry.Have a family fun, vegan + gluten-free pizza night with this Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust with pizza-y herbs and chickpeas. Load on your fave toppings, add a big side salad and maybe some fizzy drinks like ginger ale, sparkling water with lemon or kombucha. And dive into a few warm slices of pizza.

Green Pizza With A Cauliflower Base — Green Kitchen Stories

This was my first attempt at making a cauliflower pizza crust (I was dying to see what all the fuss is about) and now I totally get why this recipe is so hot right now! This is a delicious, healthy option for pizza night. LOVE.

Dairy

I was seriously doubtful that this was A) going to work and B) taste good. But I had to try, right? So I whipped up these pizzas on a sunny Saturday afternoon. In just 40 minutes we had the most amazing pizzas! I was pretty surprised how much I LOVED these.

So, what does it taste like? The crust is tender and has a caramelized and hydrated texture while being bread-like in a strange and lovely way. The flavor is salty and cheezy and again, caramelized. The cauliflower has a mild and lovable roasted veggie flavor that pairs well with the cheeziness and herbs. Truth be told, it is really hard to describe. You just need to give it a try for yourself. (And really try to snag some of the egg replacer I link to in the recipe… I haven’t tested it with other replacers yet.)

Cauliflower Pizza Crust Vegan And Gluten Free

The cauliflower crust thing is awesome! I kept ogling them on blogs, but they always had eggs. But I did a few things to make this work and improve the nutrition profile of the crust.

– I added chickpeas! When in doubt, use chickpeas, right? That is the vegan chef way! This totally worked because the mashed beans binded the crust well and also added nutty flavor and loads of added nutrients like fiber, iron, protein and b vitamins.

– I used Follow Your Heart’s new egg replacer! I had tried it for scrambled “eggs” a good month ago and really wasn’t very impressed. Tofu scramble works

Vegan

Vegan Mini Cauliflower Pizzas (gf)

0 Response to "Non Dairy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar