Homemade Bagel Pizza Recipe

Homemade Bagel Pizza Recipe

You can assemble and bake these deeply nostalgic pizza bagels in almost the same time it takes to pull the frozen kind out of the freezer. We call that a smart move!

Nick has been creating recipes for home cooks for almost 12 years. He is the author of Love Your Leftovers and has contributed to Simply Recipes since 2017.

Pizza

My childhood diet was approximately 40% frozen mini pizza bagels. I would eat them every day by the dozen before soccer practice and somehow still be able to run. It’s truly a mystery. 

Easy Homemade Pizza Bagels Recipe

Now I make a slightly more grown-up version using full-size bagels. Yay! The bagels, when baked, become the most wonderfully chewy base for toppings as simple as red sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.

The name pretty much describes what we are doing here—build the pizza toppings on bagels instead of pizza dough! Bagels have a chewy texture that gets crispy around the edges, which is nice. It’s a sturdy vessel, for sure, and excellent in pizza form. Plus, it’s naturally made to be hand-held. No need for slicing.

Pretty much any pizza topping can go on a bagel, but with moderation. If you pile on too many toppings, they’ll be hard to handle. A well-made bagel pizza has crispy edges, toasted bottoms, and a chewy middle. 

Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas

You can use any type of bagels. A sesame, garlic, or poppy seed bagel works well. A salted bagel may be overkill since we are adding salty toppings. You may want to stay away from sweet bagels. 

*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2, 000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.

Air Fryer Pizza Bagels

When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site.are fun, easy to make at home, and always a hit with kids and adults! Top a bagel with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings for a delicious lunch, dinner, or snack!

Pizza is LIFE! We love making homemade pizza, but sometimes we don’t have time and that is when we make Pizza Bagels.

If you haven’t had a pizza bagel, it might sound a little odd, but I promise they are tasty. Bagel Bites are popular for a reason, ha! Homemade pizza bagels are where it’s at though. They are SO much better, SO easy to make, and affordable too!

Quick And Easy Homemade Pizza Bagels Recipe

Basically, you take a plain slightly toasted bagel, top it with pizza sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings. Bake until the cheese is melted and you have the cutest little pizzas that are also VERY delicious!

Pizza bagels make a great lunch, dinner, or snack! They only take about 15 minutes to make so you can enjoy them anytime and all of the time. Kids love them and so do adults. You have to try them!

Pizza

We usually make pepperoni pizza bagels because my boys love them, but you can use whatever pizza toppings you want! I love loading mine with lots of veggies. The options are endless, but here are some ideas!

Easy Homemade Pizza Bagels

Pizza bagels are best right out of the oven when the bagels are crispy and the cheese is hot and melty! But if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure they are completely cool before you put them in the fridge.

To reheat, place them in a 350 degree F oven until warm. You can also reheat them in an air fryer, which is our favorite method. It only takes a couple of minutes and the bagels get nice and crispy. I don’t recommend reheating them in the microwave because the bagels will get too chewy.

Pizza Bagels are fun, easy to make at home, and always a hit with kids and adults! Top a bagel with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings for a delicious lunch, dinner, or snack!

Epic Pizza Bagels

Feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings: cooked Italian sausage, sliced black olives, diced bell peppers, diced pineapple, Canadian bacon, chopped artichokes, etc.

Calories: 405 kcal , Carbohydrates: 59 g , Protein: 19 g , Fat: 10 g , Saturated Fat: 5 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g , Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g , Cholesterol: 28 mg , Sodium: 1021 mg , Potassium: 285 mg , Fiber: 3 g , Sugar: 2 g , Vitamin A: 436 IU , Vitamin C: 3 mg , Calcium: 202 mg , Iron: 2 mg

Quick

I'm Maria and my husband is Josh. We share a love of cooking, baking, and entertaining. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and family friendly. We love sitting around the table with good food, good conversation, and good friends and family! Our kitchen is always open!Ordering pizza can get costly, so I found a way to make my own personal pizza bagels whenever I want it for lunch or dinner or a late-night snack.

Homemade Air Fryer Bagel Bites Recipe

I am a sucker for some good cheesy pizza! I craved pizza so badly when I was pregnant with Tyler. Pizza was about the only craving I really had. And nothing could beat it. To keep the costs down, I started making homemade pizza bagels at least once a week.

I have always enjoyed pizza, though. When I was in high school, Friday night was pizza night. We always ordered our Papa John’s pizza and a Coke. My best friend knew it. She was over most Friday nights and everyone knew that was pizza night in the Beller household!

Ordering pizza can get costly, though, so I have found a way to make my own personal pizza whenever I want it for lunch or dinner or a late-night snack. Besides, have you ever checked the ingredients and nutrition facts for frozen mini pizza bagels? I much prefer to make them at home so I can use decent ingredients. And when it only takes a few minutes, there’s no reason not to.

Best Pizza Bagels Recipe

Actually, Justin was the one who made homemade pizza bagels one night when we were in college. I don’t know why I hadn’t ever thought of it before. I love bagels. In our family my grandma was known as the “bagel queen” and I was the “bagel princess”. You can almost always find a package of bagels in my pantry at any given time.

The best part of this recipe is being able to customize it to exactly what you want. I like cheese only and I like ricotta cheese along with mozzarella. Justin doesn’t like ricotta but always wants pepperoni on his. Tyler and Ryan can never make up their minds if they prefer cheese only or pepperoni, so we have to ask every time. That’s also why we make regularhomemade pizzamost of the time, too.

Pizza

I’ve only ever made this recipe with plain bagels, but I’m sure you could also try it with some of the flavored bagels as well. I don’t think blueberry would be very good for it, but everything bagels might be if you like those ones. I always buy Thomas brand bagels, but that’s just a personal preference since it’s what I grew up eating. And if you want small ones for the kids, you could also buy mini bagels and make those as well.

Air Fryer Bagel Pizza Recipe

The best way to cook pizza bagels is in the oven under the broiler. But you can also heat them in the toaster oven or the air fryer. This easy recipe is so versatile, it makes the perfect easy snack or dinner for those busy weeknights.

Pizza Bagels are fairly simple to make. Start by lining yourbaking panwithfoil. Of course, you don’t have to do this, but it makes for a much quicker cleanup when you are done. Or you can use asilicone baking sheetsince those still clean easily and don’t waste the aluminum foil.

Lay your bagels open on the baking sheet and start to build your pizza by adding the sauce to each bagel half. Tip: If you are using ricotta cheese, it’s easier to spread that before the sauce so it can stick to the bagel better.

Pizza Bagels In Under 20 Minutes

Top the sauce with mozzarella cheese and any other desired toppings such as pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, extra cheese, etc. Anything that would be good on a regular pizza will be good on these bagels as well.

Set your oven’s broiler to low and cook the pizza

-

0 Response to "Homemade Bagel Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar