Does anyone remember Boboli Pizza Crusts which became popular in the 90s? We loved them back then and have decided we need to bring them back! A pre-made crust seems too easy and you may wonder if it would taste like pizza.
Since it’s Sunday, I’m here with my friends Cindy and Mary Ann to share our favorites. This pizza from the 90s is top of the list!

Trust me, I was a bit skeptical about bringing it back at first. I would like to think my palate has become more refined in the last 30 years. But here’s the thing, Boboli Pizza Crusts are pretty delicious! They now offer
Boboli® A La Margarita
When we first made Boboli pizza we must have seen an advertisement in one of the food magazines that we subscribed to back then. I’m not sure if there was a recipe or just a photo.
It had an olive tapenade as the base and was topped with sautéed red bell peppers and red onions. For the cheese, it was goat cheese which was another item that became popular in the 1990s. When we originally made this pizza, we needed to make an olive paste with olives and capers using a food processor. Now, of course, olive tapenade is widely available.
We had not made this pizza in many years. It was just as we remembered, easy, delicious, and a great weeknight dinner. This topping would be great on our homemade pizza crust too. Of course, that takes a little more planning ahead, which is why we are fans of Boboli!
Homemade Greek Pizza In 20 Minutes
A few other favorites that caught my eye this week. Heirloom Kitchen: heritage recipes and stories from the tables of immigrant women
This week I had the pleasure of having dinner with cookbook author Anna Gass at her home in New Canaan. The dinner was put together by @thefeedfeed. It was sponsored by @aussiebeeflamb which is available at places like Whole Food and pretty much all the places I shop! Anna’s cookbook is a collection of recipes and stories from immigrant women that came to the united states and continued making foods from their homeland.
While working as a trained chef, in test kitchens like Martha Stewart, Food52 , she realized there are so many women that have all these family recipes that have never been written down. Soon cooking with grandmother’s became her passion. She shares recipes from over 30 countries from 40 women.
Amazon.com: Boboli, 2 Mini 8
I love a little rattan both inside and out. It’s easy to add a chair, a small side table, a coffee table, or even just a lantern. Or a group of lanterns. Rattan mixes with every style from modern to traditional. There are some great options starting at $10 from Target to some much pricier ones from Serena & Lily that are gorgeous!
I have number three that I use outside in the summer and fall (above left)and then bring it inside and use it amongst planters on the floor. I love the little glow in the corner at night from a votive inside a rattan lantern. It’s the little things, right?
I love these new bags from Steele Canvas Basket Corp. Perfect for the 4th, but will last forever! I’ve been using Steele Canvas bags for years and they never wear out. I can even throw them in the wash! They are made in a small factory in Cambridge, MA where they have been making baskets and bags since 1921.Boboli Pizza is a regular at our house. This thin and chewy, little bit puffy, perfectly crispy pizza makes our Friday nights!
Beth's Favorite Recipes: Boboli Pizza Crust And Bbq Chicken Pizza
The kids were happy to customize their toppings but somehow Zoe always ended up with cheese and Alex always added pepperoni, with not too much cheese because he tends to have some lactose issues.
My guess is their tastes have expanded since they were 5 years old, but this was way back in the 90’s when Boboli first came out.
This thin and chewy pizza crust has a bit more puff in it than if you make your own, however I never seemed to find the time for it way back when.
Bob's Boboli Margherita Pizza
However now that the kids have flown the coop my shelves now contain a pizza stone and a wood pizza paddle and I’ve been trying to perfect the art of making Chicago style bar pizza. When I get there, you will be the first to know!

You can find the Boboli crust in the dry goods aisle in the pizza section at the grocery. The original version, which is a bit thicker than the thin, is perfect for grilling season.
We prefer the thin crust which I bake at 450 degrees, directly on the top rack of my oven. I like it nice and crispy and the cheese golden and chewy, but I find if I put it on the middle rack the crust tends to burn.
Loaded Chicken Ranch Pizza
Sometimes when I’ve overloaded the crust and it drips in the oven, I’ve even managed to set the smoke alarm off! One reason I prefer a top rack!
As far as Boboli pizza sauce…well, I have the best pizza sauce recipe. Sorry, Boboli. I think yours is a bit sweet.
My homemade pizza sauce is so easy to make, no cooking required, and truly makes your pizza taste homemade. Feel free to adjust the seasonings, but hey, this is how we do it!
Let's Bring Back The Boboli Pizza With This One!
As far as toppings go, I’ve given you ours below. This pizza happens to be missing mushrooms, because I hadn’t planned on making pizza, but then life got in the way and pizza saved our dinner!
This pizza crust truly is a lifesaver for me. When I send Manservant around the corner to buy pizza, it just is never as good as this!

Plus it takes as long to place the order, wait for it to be ready, and then drive to get it, as it does to prepare this Boboli pizza recipe.
Boboli® And Premade Pizza Crusts Recipes
We’ve made seafood pizzas by using red sauce and shrimp and scallops as toppings. I’ve grilled it with a bbq chicken topping and I’ve even cut it into strips and made crispy garlic bread. Yum!
Give Boboli a try. When the kids were younger I often bought the individual sizes and set up a pizza topping bar. It was fun and everyone could make their own.
This is a good idea for parties but most young kids I know eat only cheese and a few may add pepperoni. (See above. LOL!) Which, of course, creates a lot of extra work on your part if the party is for kids!
Mediterranean Style Boboli Pizza Recipe
A Few More: Wild Mushroom Pizza Pizza Style Chicken Parmesan Spicy Fried Spaghetti Pancakes I’d love it if you Follow Me on Pinterest and Pin and Share! this …
Boboli pizza is a lifesaver when you need something quick for dinner. This somewhat thin and crispy pizza crust, still has plenty of “chew”, but also lots of flavor. And the sauce? My favorite!
6 oz Italian Sausage cooked (I use Boulder Italian Sausage.)Place in bowl and cook in microwave about 1 and a half minutes loosely covered. Drain grease.

Keto Boboli Copykat
Open tomato sauce and pour into a big measuring cup. Add seasonings and feel free to adjust to your taste. This makes enough for two pizzas.
Top crust with ½ of sauce. Sprinkle with most of parmesan leaving a little to sprinkle on top when pizza is served.
Place pizza into preheated oven directly on top oven rack. Bake about 10 – 20 minutes until as golden as you like. Take out and let rest for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve with more chile flakes and the extra parmesan.
Three Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza
I'vb never heard of this kind of crust, but man, I have to say, the pizza you made with it look phenomenal!
Love the Boboli pizza crusts, but haven't seen them here in the stores for several years. They were the best, good and easy. Yours sounds and looks delicious!
Nothing wrong with taking a short cut for the pizza dough. I do it all of the time, but have never tried Boboli. Love the pizza sauce and the pizza toppings. Looks like the pizza I buy once a year for my birthday that has all of these ingredients plus more. Now I'm craving for a pizza!
0 Response to "Pizza Recipes Boboli Crust"
Posting Komentar