Patty Pan Squash Pizza Recipes

Patty Pan Squash Pizza Recipes

After Dan presented me with these strange little orbs as an item in next week’s CSA share, I knew I had to do some research. If I’d never seen one of these before, wouldn’t the same be true for most of our farm members?

I found lots of fun recipes–some delicious-looking stuffed patty pan squash meals await me–but I needed something quick and easy. I found this recipe from Simple Seasonal and decided to give it a try, using whatever toppings I had on hand.

Grilled

Dan had already sautéed some shiitake mushrooms with garlic scapes, so I set those aside for toppings, then put Harper to work grating Parmesan.

Patty Pan Squash & Gruyere Tart

I heated up the grill, then returned to the kitchen to cut my patty pan squash into 1/2″ slices and lightly salt them. Apparently I forgot to purchase shredded mozzarella on my last grocery run, but thankfully I had a ball of fresh mozzarella, which I promptly cut into small chunks.

I grabbed a jar of marinara sauce, some olive oil, all my fresh ingredients, and returned to the grill for some quick cooking.

After lightly oiling the patty pan squash on both sides, I made sure to place the larger side down first onto the grill since I wanted the biggest surface area for my pizza toppings.

Grilled Patty Pan Pizzas

I grilled the squash slices 4-5 minutes, until grill marks appeared, then flipped the squash and started on toppings in this order:

I closed the grilled and let them cook for 4-5 minutes longer, until the cheese was melted and just beginning to brown, removing the smaller pizzas first.

Summer

Of course we wanted to eat them right away, but we waited the recommended 5 minutes or so for the ingredients to set. They were well worth the wait–still perfectly warm, with the patty pan squash tender yet firm. We’ll be adding these little beauties to our Friday night pizza repertoire!Grilled Personal Pattypan Pizza –If you think summer squash can’t be wild and crazy, think again! These delicious little pizzas will have you saying “More pattypan, please!”

Grilled Personal Pattypan Pizzas Recipe On Food52

I believe in the sanctity of mealtime, and my husband and I typically run one of those households where we eat a nice dinner around the kitchen table each night and we expect everyone to share something about their day. It’s very

One night a week, however, we ditch our 1950’s paradise, partly outnecessity because of my work schedule, and partly for the fun of it!

-

Friday nights have come to be affectionatelycalled “Fun Friday, ” and we totally eat dinnerin front of the TV. It’s kind of a big deal for our little 4 year old, who thinks that he doesn’t get to watch enough television.

Sautéed Patty Pan Squash

Lately, my son has been into nature documentaries, but when that gets a little too gruesome (or embarrassing) for dinner time, we put on old episodes of

My husband, being the helpful and supportiveguy he is, started taking charge of Friday night dinner. As you mayhave noticed from his Strawberry Basil Champagne Cocktail, or from his Sour Cherry Absinthe Cocktail, he has established himself as the mixologist inour household(he’s in the kitchen experimenting with an apricot drink as I write this).

Best

The thing is, when it comes to everyday cooking, I think my husband lacks enthusiasm forthe task, so he’s happy to make (or go purchase) simple things like pizza.

Grilled Patty Pan Squash In Just 10 Minutes

The one exception is cooking on the grill. Perhaps it has something to do with fire, but nonetheless, this recipe for Grilled Personal Pattypan Pizza was inspired by my husband’s awesomeness at grilling and making pizza happen!

It’s an adorable little summer squash that you can hold in one hand. They come in green, yellow, and white varieties. I selected white because it looks the most like a pizza crust!

Baked

Pattypan pizzas are really quite simple. All you need is some traditional pizza ingredients and a grill. The great thing is that using squash as the crust cuts out carbs and adds a little extra nutrition to what is traditionally a bit junk-foody.

Food Lust People Love: Roasted Bruschetta Pattypan Squash

Because of the high moisture content of squash, grilling this recipe is part of what really makes it work, allowing air to get under the squash as it cooks and preventing sogginess. Not to mention, it adds an amazing grilled flavor!

0 Response to "Patty Pan Squash Pizza Recipes"

Posting Komentar