Crunchy chips, spicy salsa, and cheese dip … when the craving hits it’s hard to satisfy with something else. My daughter requests Mexican food several times a week. Of course I don’t oblige that often. It certainly is a favorite in our household, but much of it isn’t on the healthy side.
With these Mexican Black Bean Pizzas, you can create your own crunchy and cheesy version in less time that it would take to drive to your local Mexican restaurant. And it’s healthier too. No fat laden beans, or extra oils with this totally satisfying dish. I can testify that it’s Mexican-food-fan-daughter approved. Two thumbs up — three, if she had another thumb.

The original recipe from Bush’s Beans calls for pulled pork or chorizo, but I substituted lighter, shredded roasted chicken. You can delete the meat for a vegetarian version without losing any flavor. Personally, I think the black beans are filling enough on their own to be able to avoid the addition of meat altogether. Black beans are so good for that! They always add such a great texture and heartiness to so many dishes, and them mashed then combined with sauteed onions for this recipe … wow! Goodness, I could just eat the beans and onions on their own.
Healthy Black Bean Brownies
You’ll find the recipe is simple enough, and can easily be adapted for preparation on the grill. It would be great for a camp outing too! Enjoy!
(This post is sponsored byBush’s Beans.I have an ongoing relationship with the nice folks from Bush’s Beans. This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans, but as always, all opinions are my own.)
What began as a place for me to explore and share about my random hobbies and interests, has morphed into mostly sharing recipes — essentially a living, breathing, growing cookbook that is my absolute pleasure to share with you. The recipes here are simple, easy to prepare and nourishing for body and soul. Read more...Looking for a little pizza night diversity? Look no further than this delicious, healthy meatless black bean pizza with whole wheat crust.
Garden Black Bean Frittata And A Little More Motivation For You
We eat a lot of homemade pizza around here. And just between you and me, sometimes I can’t even stand to look at another pepperoni or ham/pineapple pizza. I just can’t.
The kids and Brian could eat those varieties from here to eternity, but me? I need a little diversity in my pizza to be truly happy.

I like incorporating a few meatless meals every now and again into the almighty dinner rotation, so that was the first point in this pizza’s favor.
Black Bean Crust Pizza With Purple Hummus
It’s kind of like a bean burrito in pizza form. Or a meatless taco in pizza form. Or a bean and cheese quesadilla in pizza form.
Divine unadorned by extra add-ons, it becomes absolutely amazing topped with crisp, fresh lettuce, juicy tomatoes and a drizzle of sour cream or ranch.

You could go crazy and throw avocados on there, maybe some sliced jalapenos. I mean, really, go crazy. The sky is the limit.
Vegan Mexican Pizza
I loved this enough to unashamedly admit that I hid the leftovers in the back of the refrigerator (so glad that thing is enormous and crowded, better to hide foods I want to hoard for myself) and enjoyed each and every bite the next two days for lunch.
Flour: don’t stress too much about the exact flour amount in the pizza dough recipe. What is most important is to add flour until the dough is soft and smooth. If you have to add more or less than the range I gave, that’s ok, as long as the dough isn’t over sticky (and conversely, isn’t overfloured).

Toppings: you can play around with the toppings, also, and use a variety of cheeses (Monterey jack would be lovely) as well as whatever else your little heart desires to put on this delicious pizza.
Tortilla Enchilada Pizza
Baking the Pizza: if you don’t have a pizza stone and don’t want to use a rimmed baking sheet as a substitution, you can just bake the pizza on a baking sheet without preheating it. The crust won’t get quite the same beautiful crispness but the pizza will still bake up just fine.
Follow @ on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!

Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
0 Response to "Healthy Black Bean Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar