Eggplant Parmesan Pizza Recipe

Eggplant Parmesan Pizza Recipe

Nothing says Italian like a little parm. Eggplant Parm, that is. Colavita’s version keeps it healthy, by roasting the eggplant instead of frying. This dish might win “Most Versatile, ” as you can serve it as a main, turn it into a pizza, and even have it for breakfast! A little breadcrumb crunch gives this dish some texture.

Yields4 ServingsQuarter (1 Serving)Half (2 Servings)Default (4 Servings)Double (8 Servings)Triple (12 Servings) Prep Time1 hr25 mins Cook Time50 mins Total Time2 hrs15 mins

Best

The process for making the Eggplant Parmesan dish into a pizza is just slightly different. As pizza takes less time to cook, you must first pre-roast the eggplant on it’s own to get it started.

Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Sheet Pan Pizza

First soak the eggplant: Slice the eggplant into thin rounds. ⅛” thick is best. You can use a mandolin slicer to help with this process if you like, but a steady hand and a sharp knife will do. Fill a large bowl with water and mix in about 2 tsp salt.

Massage the Colavita Olive Oil into the eggplant slices to make sure it is absorbed. Sprinkle with sea salt and roast in the oven at 400°F for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the oven and set aside.

Increase the heat of your oven to 500°F and allow a pizza stone (if using) to heat with the oven for about 30 minutes before using it.

Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Pizza

In a blender, combine the roasted tomatoes (if using), the crushed tomatoes, 4 leaves of fresh basil and a pinch of salt. Puree. This is your pizza sauce. If you are just using crushed tomatoes from the can, you can skip this step and use the canned tomatoes as the sauce.

Stretch out the semolina dough into a round about 10” in diameter. If using a pizza peel, dust it with semolina flour first and then stretch out your dough on top.

Using a spoon, spread a thin layer of the roasted tomato sauce on top of the dough. Then place the roasted eggplant slices on top of the sauce. You can overlap the slices, but don’t weigh your pizza down!

Eggplant Parmesan Grandma Pizza

Coat the tops of the eggplant slices with some more tomato sauce, then place on a few basil leaves and the smoked mozzarella, distributing each evenly. Then sprinkle some seasoned breadcrumbs over the top - just enough to add a little crunch.

Drizzle with Colavita Olive Oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until your cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.If you love eggplant parmigiana, then you need the Best Eggplant Parmesan Pizza recipe for dinner. It’s insanely delicious, easy, meatless, and can even be made low-carb if you need it.

Eggplant is the black sheep of the vegetable family and I won’t have it any longer. It deserves way more love and I have been guilty of not giving it the respect it deserves. That ends today with the Best Eggplant Parmesan Pizza EVER that I’m so thoroughly obsessed with.

Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe ( W/ Tips & Video)

There are so many reasons why I love this eggplant pizza recipe, the main one being the BREADCRUMBS. Obviously, traditional eggplant parmesan is breaded and fried eggplant. Since we’re not about to do all of that just to throw it on some pizza dough. This deconstructed approach is much more efficient.

Instead of taking the time to bread your eggplant and fry it, we’re going to toast up some Italian panko breadcrumbs to sprinkle over the top. Genius and delicious if I may say.

While I have the platform. Let me just say that I hate the word eggplant and why can’t we call it aubergine like our European brethren? In my head, I’ll forever call this recipe the Best Aubergine Parmigiano Pizza and you can’t stop me.

Pizza Mia Presents: The Eggplant Parm Pizza — Pizza Mia

Want to make this recipe low-carb and keto-friendly? Opt for a cauliflower crust and instead of breadcrumbs, get pork panko! Yes, that’s a thing and it’s just as tasty as it sounds. It’s basically ground-up pork rinds. If you want to forgo the crust altogether, you could try Low-Carb Eggplant Pizza from Eating Bird Food that uses eggplant planks as the crust!

Eggplant

How amazing would it be to have a freezer full of your favorite homemade pizzas?! To do so, go ahead and prepare you’re pizza like you’re getting ready to put it in the oven, but don’t. Instead, double wrap the prepared pizzas in plastic wrap. Bonus points if you want to do that on a cardboard circle. Lay pizzas flat in the freezer and store for up to 2 months.

When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 500ºF. Place frozen pizza on a lined or greased pan or pizza stone and bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted for about 10 minutes.

Eggplant Pizza Recipe (30 Minutes!)

You can also store cooked pizza in the fridge for up to 3 days. I like to reheat in a skillet to get the crust crispy again!

Don’t be afraid of making your pizza dough from scratch! I love this basic recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. The great thing about making your own is that you can make enough for several pizzas at a time and save them for a rainy day in the freezer.

If you don’t have the time to make your own dough, call your favorite pizzeria to see if they’ll sell you some of theirs! I love to get mine from a local Italian market and they literally sell them for like, $1.50. Totally worth it to support a local business and have the hard work done for you, in my opinion.

Eggplant Parmesan Recipe (with Video)

P.S. This recipe works great on the grill! I like to grill one side of my pizza until it’s got lovely grill marks, flip it, top it, and then turn the grill off and shut the lid to let it finish cooking. Soooo yum.

I hope youenjoythis recipe! Take a browse around the site andplease let me know if you make anything by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or requests!

-

If you love eggplant parmigiana, then you need the Best Eggplant Parmesan Pizza recipe in your life. It's insanely delicious, easy, meatless, and can even be made low-carb if you need it.

Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Pizza Recipe

Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.Eggplant Parmesan Pizza: If you love baked eggplant parmesan, you’ll LOVE this pizza! This is an incredibly fun and delicious way to jazz up pizza night!

Is pizza night a Friday tradition in your house? It was in mine growing up and we just made it a tradition with our new little family over the summer.

And let me tell you, I couldn’t be more excited! First, because pizza is one of my favorite foods. Seriously, one of my 3 desert island foods would

Chicken Eggplant Parmesan

And second, because it’s one night a week I don’t have to think about what to make for dinner, what ingredients I need for it, and how much time I have to cook it before I have to run out and pick Riley up from daycare.

I realize that seems counter intuitive to the life purpose of a food blogger but the dinnertime struggle for us is real too!

In any event, pizza has always been a big thing for me. Of the 10 or so homemade pizza recipes I’ve got on the site, our favorite is, by leaps and bounds, the 3 cheese, rosemary and pepperoni pizza.

Best

Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Pizza

I’m not normally a pepperoni pizza fan but the rosemary flavor brightens up the whole pizza and makes it feel less heavy.

It’s hard to believe that it’s been 4 years since I shared a new pizza recipe with you here, too! The last one was our grilled farmer’s market pizza that makes good use of leftover veggies and cheese nubs that you have in your fridge at the end of the week.

Where you live? It was certainly new to me when I saw eggplant on a pizza toppings list about 10 years ago and all I could think was “how brilliant is that?!”

Eggplant Parmesan Pizza

It was the same reaction I had when I was first introduced to the idea of chicken on pizza, essentially making it a chicken parm pizza. How utterly brilliant, right?!

Look, I’m a MAJOR eggplant parm fan. Like, if I had to choose between baked eggplant parmesan and chicken paremsan, I almost certainly will choose eggplant.

Yes, it’s a bit more work to make than chicken parm with the slicing and salting and draining of the eggplant, but since I don’t fry the eggplant (it’s super crispy oven-baked eggplant!), I love that I can avoid the frying mess.

Classic Eggplant Parmesan Pizza Recipe

So, for this eggplant parm pizza, I used those crispy oven-baked eggplant rounds from my favorite eggplant parmesan recipe and tossed them atop my favorite pizza dough along with some sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan cheese.

Eggplant

OHHH! And I also added some caramelized onions that I had leftover in the fridge from another

0 Response to "Eggplant Parmesan Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar