This Turkish pide recipe, sometimes called Turkish pizza, is an oval flatbread stuffed with many different fillings. This recipe for vegetarian pide is made with feta cheese, spinach, red peppers and mushrooms. It's lovely to serve to a crowd, easy to make and full of flavor!
Looking for a dinner idea loaded with vegetables, delicious, and fun to make? Then this Turkish flatbread called pide is for you!

For this recipe I created a vegetarian pide made with spinach, mushrooms, onion, feta cheese, and red bell pepper for a little sweetness. The filling tastes divine, especially with the addition of sharp, tangy feta and a little heat from the Aleppo pepper flakes.
Turkish Style Pizza (vegan Lahmacun)
I absolutely love pide! Even though this Turkish flatbread is sometimes referred to as Turkish pizza, there are noticeable differences between pide and pizza.
Pide is shaped like a narrow American football, the dough is crispy on the outside soft and a little chewy on the inside. Unlike pizza, Pide doesn’t include sauce, but like pizza, it’s loaded with toppings, can be eaten out of hand, and is loved by almost everyone.
If you’ve tried making other breads like focaccia or pita and you’ve never tried your hand at Turkish pide, then it's time embark on this beloved meal and explore the wonderful variations of Turkish flat bread–from pide to gözleme to lahmacun and beyond!
Quick Turkish Pizza/ Pide With Summer Veg
Pide is an oval-shaped flatbread common in Turkey and made with various meat or vegetable toppings. Throughout Turkey you can find pide shops called Pideci, that only bake these delicious flatbreads and serve them all day long. It’s one of the things I love the most about my homeland.
In Turkey, where I was born and raised, we consider Pide our popular, “slow cooked fast food.” Pide has an ancient history. It originated in the city of Samsun, and Turkish people have enjoyed it throughout the Black Sea region since 1725.
In my hometown of Antakya, locals prepare pide toppings then take it to the local bakery, called firin. The bakers would add the toppings to the dough, and bake it in the stone oven for each family. Growing up, I loved this ritual of taking our pide topping to the bakery then picking up our delicious, freshly baked pide later on—golden, delicious memories.
Vegetarian Turkish Pide (flatbread)
When making pide I place the toppings in the middle then fold the edges of the dough over just the outer portion of the filling so the ingredients are visible, however there are many ways to make pide.
Think of pide as the ultimate clean out the fridge dinner. The goal is to use up what you have on hand. This was as true 300 years ago as it is today, so please do keep this in mind and use up any cheese, olives, vegetables you have around the house!
Turkish flatbread is really easy to make (even if you’re not used to yeasted breads). Just follow a few of my simple tips below for beautiful, delicious pide everytime!

Vegan And Gluten Free Lahmacun
Once baked and cooled down, slice pide and keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days. Although, pide is best eaten when freshly baked; it freezes well too.
To freeze pide: Wrap it in foil as a whole or in slices, in one layer and freeze. If you have a lot to freeze you can layer it between pieces of parchment then freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
An exquisite cold extracted and unfiltered oil with a perfectly balanced complexity— rich green, fruity and pungent with a peppery finish. This EVOO features high levels of polyphenols and extremely low acidity.
Vegan Turkish Pizza
Pide, oval flat breads with various toppings, is a popular and healthy “fast food” in Turkey. There are pide shops called Pideci that only bake these flat breads and serve them all day long. Pide is made with a wide variety of toppings from vegetables or with meats such as sucuk (Turkish spicy sausage) and pastirma, Turkish dried cured beef.
Calories: 301.4 kcal Carbohydrates: 34 g Protein: 9.3 g Fat: 14.8 g Saturated Fat: 3.6 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g Monounsaturated Fat: 8.7 g Trans Fat: 0.003 g Cholesterol: 33 mg Sodium: 484.1 mg Potassium: 374.6 mg Fiber: 3.1 g Sugar: 2.4 g Vitamin A: 2291.5 IU Vitamin C: 25.5 mg Calcium: 110.3 mg Iron: 2.7 mg

Ozlem Warren is a native of Turkey and author of, Ozlem’s Turkish Table: Recipes from My Homeland. She was born and raised in Turkey and lived in this magical land for 30 years. She is passionate about her homeland’s delicious and vibrant Turkish cuisine, Mediterranean flavours and has been teaching Turkish cooking in England, Turkey, the USA, and Jordan for over 15 years.Happy Weekend, everyone! Apologies for being a bit quiet but I’ve had to take a few days off to concentrate on my website design as I found that the constant context switching was too challenging. Although it still requires a lot of work, Duncan has just finished coding the new homepage and things are already looking better than they do now and we are both glad that we’ve decided to take the plunge. Like with most things, changing something that works isn’t easy as there is always a fair amount of risk and it’s hard to fully appreciate the necessity of that change until things settle down and you are able to look back with some objectivity.
Vegetarian Pide,turkish Flatbread
I find this to be true of most things. I still remember when we were leaving our familiar and comfortable life in London for rural Greece several years ago. It was scary as heck. We were both established in our well paying corporate jobs, we lived in a nice flat, we had a bunch of like-minded friends we had met over the years and things were good, but we also had this itch to see what else is there and I had a yearning for doing something more creative in my life – the mundanity and pointlessness of my corporate job had a serious impact on my mental health.
I knew something had to change but I was also really frightened as it seemed like a massive step backwards in some ways. And don’t get me wrong, it was. We went from owning a flat and having everything like we wanted it to renting again and having very little control over anything, from having job security to none, but even though we ended up leaving Greece after 4 years of sea and sunshine, we now look back and are both happy we dared to ‘go there’. It was in Greece that we both went vegan and that this blog was born. Little did I know that not only would I end up finding this creative outlet I’ve been dreaming of for all these years, but that it will also align with my core values as well as pay my bills (eventually). Duncan, who quit his job with less excitement than me, felt like his career took a hit due to his absence from a traditional workplace, but he quickly found his feet again and is now enjoying his work even more than before. Job satisfaction aside, the move taught us more self reliance and adaptability and enriched us with a unique life experience that we wouldn’t have got otherwise.
Today’s recipe is something I associate with our London life, but something we have not had since and I’ve been meaning to make a vegan version of this dish for a couple of years now but never quite got round to it. The dish in question is lahmacun (here is how to pronounce it), which is often referred to as Turkish pizza although to me, it seems more like a flatbread.
How To Make Turkish Pide
It’s a super thin piece of yeast dough topped with an aromatic mince meat filling, served with salad and a squeeze of lemon, rolled up and eaten like a wrap-style sandwich. I love the flavours and the concept but I’m not so keen on the meat part, of course, so I made it my own and it’s been a real winner in my house. It’s not hard to make, but I recommend using a pizza stone if you have one and if you don’t improvising one – my brother who makes a mean Roman-style pizza – uses an old metal (not teflon!!) baking tray and it works just as well. These pizza pies only need about 5 minutes in the oven so making sure the bottom gets cooked through well is very important. Other than that, it’s super easy and a perfect weekend project. Enjoy!

If you make this recipe please tag me on Instagram using the # hashtag and @. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
*I used tofu that doesn’t require pressing, if yours does make sure you press it or at the very least squeeze it out well before using.
Authentic Pide (turkish Flatbread Pizza With 2 Fillings)
**If you are not a fan of raw onions, a simple salad of assorted greens (such as rocket, gem lettuce, spinach) radishes, fennel etc. would also work well.
Join our mailing list and we we will let
0 Response to "Turkish Pizza Recipe Vegetarian"
Posting Komentar