Tomato Burrata Pizza Recipe

Tomato Burrata Pizza Recipe

This chewy thin crust pizza is served topped with sweet and caramelized cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, creamy burrata and garnished with basil.

Slowly roasting your summer cherry tomatoes in olive oil is a great way to preserve summer at its peak! Of course I usually go through tomato confit (or confit tomatoes) right after I make them! In addition to spreading them over pizza I also recommend using them as a pomodoro sauce for spaghetti, over eggs or in an omelette, on sandwiches or stirred into risotto when paired with roasted chicken.

Cherry

As the tomatoes slowly simmer in the sauce, they break down and flavor the oil as well. While I like making these confit tomatoes on the stovetop in a pan, it can just as easily be made in the oven. Simply add all ingredients to a large baking dish and bake at 325ºF until the tomatoes are burst and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Some people blanch the tomatoes first to remove the skins, but I like the texture they add (plus it’s easier!).

Cherry Tomato Burrata Basil Pizza

Burrata, a soft cow’s milk cheese from Italy, is essentially mozzarella filled with a creamy interior. It has become very popular in recent years for its rich, clean flavor. I add the burrata after the pizza comes out of the oven so it just barely melts into the pizza.

The cheese makes for a wonderful contrast of the room temperature cheese on top of the warm pizza topped with confit tomatoes. Burrata is best served as fresh as possible so be sure to check the date on the container and try to consume it within about 48 hours of purchasing it.

The method of cooking something “confit” typically means cooking in it’s own fat (think duck confit) – in this instance the tomatoes are slowly cooked in olive oil until they burst and become even more flavorful.

Burrata, Cherry Tomato, And Basil Pizza

When I say to julienne the basil leaves it is a way of stacking basil leaves on top of each other, rolling them up and then thinly slicing them into strips. This is a great way to slice garnishes.

This method is great when cooking pizza, using lower heat methods like an oven. It’s not going to get as hot as a grill or pizza oven so partly baking the crust before adding the toppings makes for a crisp base crust. This way it doesn’t get soggy – you want some structural integrity with each slice.

With thin crust pizza like this, the bottom crust is important. I like to reheat my pizza first in a cast iron pan or skillet over medium-low heat until the crust is crisp then broil in the oven on high until the cheese is bubbling and hot. 

Bruschetta Pizza With Burrata And Cherry Tomatoes

My world has, and always will, revolve around food. As soon as I finish one meal, I am planning for the next. Which is why I created this space to share with you! I hope you enjoy.From time to time, we'll send you the best of Well Plated. We respect your privacy and you can opt out anytime.

Like Ricotta Pizza, it’s rich and creamy, and if you can stop yourself from inhaling the entire ball for long enough to scatter it over a pizza crust and pop it into an oven, it makes the most fantastic pizza pie.

This burrata pizza is part recipe/part frame of mind. I’ve included my favorite toppings, which you can stick with or ignore. You can bake it with a tomato-based pizza sauce, as we usually do, or swap it out and make a pesto burrata pizza instead.

-

Sun Dried Tomato Pizza

OR don’t choose. Make a tomato sauce burrata pizza, then drizzle some pesto over the top. When you are eating a burrata pizza, it really does feel like you can have it all.

I’ve also included a few key tips for burrata pizza success. I’ll say this again below for emphasis, but when you are making a classic Italian pizza like this one, my biggest tip is: DO NOT OVERDO IT ON THE TOPPINGS.

We Americans like to supreme our pizzas. With burrata pizza, restraint is the move. Keep it all about the burrata itself. Don’t worry, you can go crazy with the toppings when you make Flatbread Pizza.

Cherry Tomatoes, Burrata And Herb Pesto Pizza Recipe

Ideas: Some blistered cherry tomatoes. Maybe some prosciutto and a handful of arugula. Drizzle on a balsamic reduction if you absolutely must. Just keep it simple and classic. Velvety, lightly sweet, and unadulterated burrata floating atop a crispy, chewy crust will be your reward.

Think of burrata as mozzarella taken to the next level. It starts with fresh mozzarella, which is a semi-soft Italian cheese made from cow milk or (even better) water buffalo milk.

Confit

Burrata is made by taking fresh mozzarella and forming it into a pouch, then filling it with an extra soft mozzarella and CREAM. It’s pure luxury, and if I were queen, I would eat it every day.

Bruschetta Pizza With Burrata

Fortunately for our cheesy needs, burrata is now widely available throughout the US, including in grocery stores. Even our local Wisconsin stores sell it. If you don’t see it at your own store, ask! If they don’t have it now, hopefully the requests will prompt wider distribution.

I used to see burrata only in restaurants in larger cities (my first burrata pizza was in Los Angeles), where I ordered it at every opportunity. Now, I still order it at every opportunity,

This pizza really only needs three ingredients (four, if you count the salt we add to ours). Once you have the burrata cheese, it’s easy-peasy to stretch the dough, top it off, and bake.

Creamy, Dreamy Burrata Recipes

So, I should probably buy a pizza peel. I don’t own one just yet, so here’s my hack for baking homemade pizza without a pizza peel.

-

And to be a bit bossy (again). I doown a pizza stone and find it more essential to making perfect homemade pizza than a pizza peel. If you are only going to buy a peel or a stone, I’d choose the stone.

Homemade pizza like this recipe is a treat. To up the burrata pizza nutrition factor, pair it with a large salad or sautéed vegetables. You’ll need the oven for the pizza, so any veggie you can make outside of the oven is ideal. A few of my favorites:

Heirloom Tomato Burrata Pizza

You haven't had a homemade pizza like this easy burrata pizza! Decadent burrata cheese baked with pesto or tomato sauce and topped with basil.

Serving: 1 Slice Calories: 250 kcal Carbohydrates: 29 g Protein: 11 g Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 27 mg Potassium: 95 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 1 g Vitamin A: 426 IU Vitamin C: 4 mg Calcium: 203 mg Iron: 1 mg

Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!

-

Marinated Tomato + Burrata Pizza Recipe

0 Response to "Tomato Burrata Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar