We’ve recently discovered a sort of hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant near us that servesreally, really darn goodpizzas. In particular, they make a white pizza that’s kind of to die for. It’s apparently New York style (I have never been to New York, sadly, so I cannot confirm or deny this).It’s simply made, with a chewy thick crust, dollops of herby (and mysteriously slightly sweet) ricotta cheese, and a melty smattering of mozzarella. I’ve started having them add spinach which makes it even better.
I’m into making white pizza at home (and I’m a little obsessed with white-pizza-inspired foods, too) – so naturally, I needed to go there. I decided some (or okay, a lot of) roasted garlic shouldto make an appearance along with all that other cheesy goodness (and, of course, the spinach too!) For my carnivorous guy, I grilled up some chicken and added it to the mix.

I decided to try to replicate the slight bit of sweetness I’ve been detecting in the ricotta in my inspiration pizza by adding a touch of honey. It’s pretty perfect, although the roasted garlic adds sweetness, too, so it’s not the end of the world if you decide to leave the honeyout. Me, though, I’m never going back. Honey all the way man!
Skinny Garlic Spinach White Pizza
When we do pizzas one-dish-two-ways style, I like to take a one-pound ball of dough and divide it in half to create two smaller pizzas instead of one large one. But if you’re going all meat (or all meatless), you may want to just make one big pizza. Your call! Either way, it’s all good.
Great garlic goodness! This cheesy vegetarian white pizza boasts roasted garlic mixed in with the ricotta AND a few cloves plopped directly on the pizza itself. Fresh herbs add flavor, spinach adds a little variety, and a good amount of melty mozzarella cheese seals the deal. Add grilled chicken for the carnivores and everyone’s happy!
Meat option If using chicken, heat the outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan on medium-high. Rub 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping occasionally, until cooked through (we always check the internal temperature, which should register 165 degrees Fahrenheit). Set aside to cool. Once cool, cut into chunks.
Eclectic Recipes Fast And Easy Family Dinner Recipes
Calories: 232 kcal , Carbohydrates: 8 g , Protein: 14 g , Fat: 16 g , Saturated Fat: 8 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g , Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g , Cholesterol: 42 mg , Sodium: 482 mg , Potassium: 134 mg , Fiber: 0.4 g , Sugar: 2 g , Vitamin A: 469 IU , Vitamin C: 4 mg , Calcium: 326 mg , Iron: 1 mg
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.
Karen is a vegetarian home cook living among carnivores. She loves creating irresistible and flexible recipes that help multi-vore families like hers keep the peace - deliciously.
The Iron You: Cauliflower Crust Spinach White Pizza
Get Turkey Schmurkey - a FREE eCookbook with our very favorite plant-based holiday recipes - by subscribing to the Kitchen Treaty email list.OK so a few days ago it was my first time roasting garlic, holy moly why on earth did I wait so long to do such a thing? This roasted garlic spinach white pizza was to die for.

Granted I used quite a bit of garlic for this roasted garlic spinach white pizza but when you roast garlic the flavor kind of becomes a lot milder. Don’t be afraid of all the garlic in this recipe, well unless you don’t like garlic!
I used Cascadian Farm organic spinach. I love their products.They not only have organic fruits and vegetables but they also have granola bars, fruit spreads and much more. You can browse their many products here. Besides having top of the line products they are also enrolled on their non-GMO project. Something that I actually love since it gives me peace of mind when eating their products.
Garlic & Spinach White Pizza
I don’t buy everything organic but the products that I always do are the ones in the dirty dozen list such berries, apples, potatoes, spinach and such.
Fridays it is usually pizza night in my household. We sort of skip it sometimes but for the most part I always make pizza on Fridays. This roasted garlic spinach white pizza I think has become one of our top contender pizza recipes simply for the fact that we love garlic and spinach.

On another note, I am thinking of developing an app for my blog. I have thought of adding categories for especial diets such as vegan, gluten free, diabetic etc as well as shopping lists, does anyone have any input as to what would they like to see in the app? I would want to come up with something practical so if you have any ideas I would like to know about them, after all the app is for you!
Vegan White Pizza Recipe • Veggie Society
Anyways, I hope you like this roasted garlic spinach white pizza, my kids sure enjoyed it. I added some pepper flakes for the adults for some added heat, it was to die for.
Heat your oven to 400°F. Use your fingers to peel away all the loose layers around the head of garlic. With a knife, cut off about 1/4 inch from the top of the head to expose the cloves.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the exposed surface of each garlic head. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast for 30-40 minutes. The garlic is done when a center clove is completely soft.

White Pizza With Spinach & Ricotta
Let the garlic cool slightly. Press the bottom of the entire clove to push it out of its paper. Place it in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Combine the roasted garlic with the ricotta cheese and set aside.
On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza stone making sure you reach the edges. You can also use a pizza baking sheet or a cookie sheet. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over each pizza dough followed by the mozzarella cheese and spinach. Bake the pizzas at 425F in a preheated oven for 18-2o minutes.
0 Response to "Spinach White Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar