Pita Pizza Recipe Toaster Oven

Pita Pizza Recipe Toaster Oven

Well… this pizza is as fresh as the pita bread you decide to use, so I’m hoping you don’t have moldy pita bread lying around. This reminds me of a juicy story. I remember cleaning out the pantry in my college suite and I saw a loaf of green bread. It was full-on GREEN , as in completely and wholeheartedly verdant. I called one of my roommates and seriously asked her if she had bought “St. Patty’s Day” bread. It was

I bet you $50 you always have marinara sauce and some sort of cheese on hand, not to mention some sort of bread, hopefully non-green pita bread? This toaster-oven recipe will literally take you 10 minutes. Use whichever toppings you like, such as pepperoni, grilled chicken, and/or fresh vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, red onions, mushrooms).

Minute

This dish is customizable like any pizza you order, and it just seriously takes no time to assemble. You can use a toaster oven as I did (super duper fast), or use a full-sized oven. The pizza is ready when the cheese is melty and gooey and the pita bread is nicely toasted and crisp. Pita bread is totally refrigerator-able, so store it in the fridge if you want to make many of these!

Hawaiian Pita Pizzas

Are you feeling ambitious? If you want to spice things up, then…grab actual spices. Obviously. I’m thinking oregano and crushed red chili flakes. Fresh minced garlic, too. Maybe some browned cooked sausage, if you please.

Individual pita bread is usually 6 inches in diameter or so. Flip the pita bread so you can see the curved, scooped side rather the rounded side. Like the pita on the right. That side is better for piling on the goods.

Cooked, browned sausage. Make sure it’s cooked. Don’t put anything raw on this pizza. It won’t cook in 10 minutes. Unless… you stick it under the broiler, in which case you’d probably burn the whole thing. Enlighten me if you do this. I want to see a picture.

-

Easy & Healthy Pitta Bread Pizza Recipe

To prepare one pita pizza: place individual pita bread on baking sheet, with the scooped side facing up. Spread 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce on pita bread, leaving 1/2 inch border around the edge without sauce. If desired, sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano evenly over marinara sauce. Evenly sprinkle 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese over sauce. Top with cooked sausage or other preferred pizza toppings.

Place baking sheet in toaster oven, and bake at 375 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and pita bread is lightly toasted and warmed through. Remove pita pizza from oven, and sprinkle chopped fresh herbs over top. Serve immediately.You know I am all about making your lives easier. When I share dinner ideas on the blog- they are usually easy, fast, and delicious meals that are family friendly and did I say easy? I don’t have time or energy for anything else most nights, and if I can make something that all three of us like and will eat, (as well as keep the apartment clean, get my child bathed and to bed and still have some energy left at the end of the day, ) I feel like Wonder Woman.

Quick

Are Pita Pizzas a very common thing? Am I not sharing my remarkable discovery with you but instead outing myself as the last person on the planet to realize how easy and tasty these are? I hope it’s the first option, but either way here it is.

Quick Toaster Oven Pizza

Step Three: Toppings- Cheese of course, veggies, meat- you know the drill- top as you like. My favorite thing to use are deli slices of provolone, they melt perfectly and are so easy. But mozzarella or any cheese you have would work.

-

I like to make these pizzas in the toaster oven. They bake to perfection in just a couple minutes, and the crust is always super crispy. If you don’ t have one, they can be made in your regular oven too of course, (I’ll give instructions to both options in the recipe.)

This has saved me several times in the past few weeks. I figure I can always keep pitas, sauce and cheese in the house and then throw on whatever else we have to make a quick dinner when I have nothing else planned. Hugo loved the mushroom one but hated the meat- how easy is it to customize these for the members of your family? I love this recipe and how fast I can be eating homemade pizza with a crispy and delicious crust (I actually prefer it to some of the homemade varieties I’ve tried.)

Ham

Broccoli Pita Pizza

Instructions Spread a couple tablespoons of sauce on each pita, leaving a small crust around the edge. Top with 3 slices of cheese each and any meat/veggies you like.

Step Three: Toppings- Cheese of course, veggies, meat- you know the drill- top as you like. My favorite thing to use are deli slices of provolone, they melt perfectly and are so easy. But mozzarella or any cheese you have would work.

-

I like to make these pizzas in the toaster oven. They bake to perfection in just a couple minutes, and the crust is always super crispy. If you don’ t have one, they can be made in your regular oven too of course, (I’ll give instructions to both options in the recipe.)

This has saved me several times in the past few weeks. I figure I can always keep pitas, sauce and cheese in the house and then throw on whatever else we have to make a quick dinner when I have nothing else planned. Hugo loved the mushroom one but hated the meat- how easy is it to customize these for the members of your family? I love this recipe and how fast I can be eating homemade pizza with a crispy and delicious crust (I actually prefer it to some of the homemade varieties I’ve tried.)

Ham

Broccoli Pita Pizza

Instructions Spread a couple tablespoons of sauce on each pita, leaving a small crust around the edge. Top with 3 slices of cheese each and any meat/veggies you like.

0 Response to "Pita Pizza Recipe Toaster Oven"

Posting Komentar