Healthy Pizza Recipes With Spinach

Healthy Pizza Recipes With Spinach

Pizza can be one of the best ways to sneak veggies into your diet while indulging in those melted cheesy pulls. But if you have picky eaters or vegetable skeptics to please, you might not get very far. That’s where this Spinach Pizza comes in! It hides the veggies really well under layers of melted cheese.

It’s made with minimal ingredients and not one, but TWO kinds of cheese. Sauteed spinach and garlic are layered underneath the melted cheese, allowing you or your kids to enjoy the savory Italian flavors while getting a boost of calcium and iron.

Healthy

This easy vegetarian pizza has almost everything you’d find on a real Florentine pizza, like spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and garlic. It’s also really simple to put together thanks to the store-bought pizza dough and lack of red pizza sauce (olive oil is all you need).

Spinach Pizza Crust (low Carb Pizza Crust)

Pizza dough - You can use any ready-made dough or your favorite homemade recipe. I’ve always had great results using the ready-to-bake pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.

Olive oil - You won’t find a traditional pizza sauce on this cheesy spinach pizza. All you need is a thin layer of olive oil on the crust. If you don’t have olive oil, use vegetable oil or avocado oil instead.

Spinach - The spinach is sauteed before being layered onto the pizza in order to remove all of the moisture and bring out its deep flavor. For this reason, fresh spinach is best. If all you have is frozen spinach, let it thaw completely and dry it really well by blotting it with a clean kitchen towel.

Preety's Kitchen: Healthy Whole Wheat Spinach Pizza Crust Recipe / Vegan

Ricotta cheese - There’s a little bit of Italy in every bite of this Florentine-inspired pizza and it’s mostly thanks to the ricotta. This soft, creamy, and sweet cheese is mixed with the sauteed spinach before being layered onto the dough.

Step 1: Prep the dough. Start by rolling out the pizza dough and laying it over a prepared baking sheet or pizza stone.

Step 2: Make the spinach and ricotta mixture. Heat some oil in a large skillet before adding the spinach and garlic. Saute until the spinach is wilted. Immediately transfer the spinach and garlic mixture to a large bowl with the ricotta cheese and stir to combine.

Homemade Artichoke Pizza With Spinach

Step 3: Assemble the pizza. Drizzle olive oil over the pizza dough, then sprinkle oregano and red pepper flakes over top. Next, add the spinach-ricotta mixture and layer on the mozzarella.

Step 4: Bake. Bake the pizza in the oven until the cheese is melted. Season to taste with additional red pepper flakes, then slice and serve.

You should. Sauteed spinach is not only easier to stir in with the ricotta, but it also removes the moisture from the leaves ahead of time.

Garlic

Heart Healthy Pizza That Makes You Feel As Good As It Tastes

If you prefer the flavor and texture of fresh spinach, you can add some leaves to the pizza during the last 2 to 3 minutes of baking. That should be enough time for the spinach to sink into the cheese but not enough time for the leaves to release their moisture (which could leave you with soggy pizza).

If you don’t need this pizza to be vegetarian, you can layer on chopped or shredded chicken, chicken sausage slices, bacon, and prosciutto. You can also transform this into a fantastic seafood white pizza by adding shrimp or crab meat.

Reheating: To maintain its crispy crust, I recommend reheating the pizza slices in a 350ºF oven or an air fryer until the cheese is melted again.

Spinach Pizza Crust Or Wraps

Even the pickiest eaters will fall for this extra cheesy Spinach Pizza. It’s a sneaky way of eating your vegetables while indulging in Italian-flavored bites of ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, and sautéed spinach.

Calories: 295 kcal | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Protein: 14 g | Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 571 mg | Potassium: 163 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 2029 IU | Vitamin C: 5 mg | Calcium: 229 mg | Iron: 2 mg

-

Erin is the recipe developer, writer and photographer behind the healthy food blog, The Almond Eater. She's been blogging since 2014 and loves to create food for many different diets, including vegan, gluten free and/or Whole30 recipes.This cheesy vegan garlic mushroom and spinach pizza is perfect when you want a quick dinner that’s not only delicious but also healthy! This recipe is simple, and it’s the best pizza you will ever have!

Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza

Sometimes I just really need pizza, and by sometimes, I mean almost every Friday night! I’m not sure who came up with #pizzafriday, but for me everyday is a good day for pizza! Especially when it’s an easy to make and delicious pizza, like this cheesy vegan garlic mushroom and spinach pizza with toasted pine nuts. I like it best when it’s made with my homemade best pizza dough, but sometimes I switch it up for easy pizza toast. Also, if you make your own pizza dough in advance and store it in the freezer, you can be having homemade pizza in less than 20 minutes! I mean, how amazing is that?!

If anyone were to ask me what my all-time favorite food is, my answer would definitely be Pasta, Ravioli, Gnocchi, and of course PIZZA! I’m a little bit obsessed with these kinds of foods, they’re so delicious. However, that’s not such a big problem because you can make everything healthier by using plant-based ingredients and adding lots of vegetables. I don’t think it can get any better when meals are healthy but still super tasty, right?

This vegan Garlic Mushroom and Spinach Pizza is plant-based and contains no dairy ingredients and no saturated fats. To make the topping (spread), I start with the spinach cream. It’s simply made of fresh spinach (frozen spinach will do too), vegan cream cheese (you can also make your own cashew ricotta), and some spices. This mixture creates a creamy base on your pizza before going into the oven. I also added roasted garlic to the cream cheese which gives your pizza amazing flavors! Granted I like to add quite a lot of garlic but when you roast garlic the flavor becomes a lot milder. Don’t be afraid of using more garlic in this recipe, well unless you don’t like garlic. While the pizza is baking, pan-fry the mushrooms. Honestly, I don’t like baked mushrooms so much because they usually get dry and tasteless when you just bake them.

Spinach Pizza (no Cook Sauce)

If you take a look in my freezer, I guarantee that you’ll find at least one frozen homemade pizza dough in there. I usually make a big batch and freeze it, so I always have pizza dough on hand for those inevitable pizza cravings! Of course, there are times that I forget to prepare new pizza dough, or I forget to defrost it, in which case I simply use bread, a baguette, or toast as a base for my pizza. If that sounds good to you, check out the recipe for my easy vegan Pizza Toast.

Spinach

This Garlic Mushroom and Spinach Pizza recipe is a great way to eat healthy but still delicious! I hope you‘ll love this recipe as much as I do. It‘s:

This vegan Spinach Pizza is so perfect if you want a quick and easy vegan weeknight dinner! I’ve actually made this Garlic Mushroom and Spinach Pizza a lot and often several times in a row. Sometimes I even eat the leftovers for breakfast or as a quick lunchtime snack to go. I’m pretty sure no one will notice that this pizza is made with dairy-free alternatives, but if you’re not vegan, you can most certainly use regular ricotta or cream cheese to make this pizza. Regardless, no matter what pizza dough or cheese you use, this pizza comes together in only 20 minutes! If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other recipes with spinach and mushrooms. Have fun trying!

Green Healthy Spinach Pizza

This cheesy vegan garlic mushroom and spinach pizza is perfect when you want a quick dinner that's not only delicious but also healthy! This recipe is simple, and it's the best pizza you will ever have!

©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting !

This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.

Skinny

Green Pizza Crust With High Fiber Pizza

0 Response to "Healthy Pizza Recipes With Spinach"

Posting Komentar