Most sourdough pizza crust recipes call for added yeast, and the ones that don't require fussy extra steps and fancy flours. Not mine! For this no yeast pizza dough, you only need four simple ingredients (sourdough starter, water, salt, and bread flour), and the kneading time and effort are minimal.
Just mix the dough, let it rise overnight, ball it up, and let it rise some more before stretching and topping. You'll need at least 13 hours or up to 24 hours to achieve optimal texture and flavor. In case it helps, here's how I plan it out: Mix the dough right before bed (for me, 10:30pm-ish). If you want pizza for lunch, let the dough rise until 11am the next day, then ball it up and let it rest until noon before stretching. If you're having pizza for dinner, let the dough rise until 4 or 5pm, then ball it up and let it rest for an hour while you preheat the oven and prep the toppings.

You can also make the dough ahead of time, let it rise, and then ball it up and freeze it for up to 3 months. Click here for detailed instructions and tips for freezing pizza dough.
Overnight Sourdough Herb Pizza Crust
Need some pizza dough stretching tips? I've got you covered there, too. Check out this video tutorial on my IGTV channel, and let me know if you have questions, either in the comments here or on Instagram.
Of course, this isn't the only way to make pizza dough without yeast. If you can't find yeast and don't have sourdough starter handy, try making my Beer Pizza Dough instead.
This overnight pizza dough recipe uses sourdough starter discard and no added yeast. The result is a chewy, flavorful, airy crust that's sure to become your pizza night go-to.
How To Make Flatbread Pizza
Brussels Sprout and Grape Pizza with Gruyere | How to Make Oyster Mushroom Pizza How to Make Sloppy Joes Pizza |A sourdough pizza crust recipe without any store-bought yeast? Sign me up! Plus, no overnight rising time and you get to use up your sourdough discard in the most tasty way.
Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase any of the items linked in this post, I should earn a small commission. This creates no additional cost to you and helps support the work that goes into running The Fig Jar. Thank you! -Becky
) for Christmas, I was instantly drawn to the sourdough starter recipe. I immediately started making it, because hi, first step is put flour in a cake pan and let it sit out for 3 days. I can take action on something that easy
Yeasted Sourdough Pizza Crust
And after I had that starter bubbling and ready, I started looking for ways to use my sourdough discard. Enter sourdough pizza dough with NO additional store-bought yeast.
First of all, my initial attraction to making a sourdough starter in the first place was that I would be creating my own natural, wild yeast. The idea of creating my own yeast and being able to make bread without store-bought little packets was very exciting to me. And while that is my biggest beef with the sourdough pizza crust recipes I’ve seen, I also don’t really want to have to wait a day to have my pizza. This pizza dough is hands down one of my favorite ways to use up my sourdough discard! It’s an easy recipe with super basic ingredients and it comes out great every time.
After researching other sourdough pizza crust recipes, I decided to just go for it without any further research and try making my own pizza dough recipe and replacing the yeast with my discard. How hard could it be? And bah bada bah! It worked like a total dream. Amazing, slightly tangy flavor, chewy texture with a modest rise. SO GOOD.
Yeast Free Gluten Free Pizza Dough. Ready In Minutes!
It does take a little longer to rise than my regular pizza dough but it doesn’t take a whole day. Just 3 1/2 hours or so and you could probably get away with less.
The sourdough flavor is not as strong as when you let it rise overnight or at least for 8 hours or so. I’ve tested it both ways, but I just want it to be known that we can use our sourdough discard and get great results without waiting such a long time.

We start in the very same way as a pizza crust made with store-bought yeast, but instead of combining warm water with yeast, we combine warm water and sourdough discard. I let this stand for a few minutes, then add sugar, oil, salt and flour. See recipe notes for making this a garlic and herb crust!
Sourdough Pizza Crust Recipe
One of my favorite steps in making pizza dough is kneading. Part of me gets the appeal of no-knead breads and everything but part of me also doesn’t, like what’s so bad about kneading? I like feeling the dough and feeling like I am the village baker in some quaint little town somewhere. Maybe that’s not a daydream you’re into but you still have to knead the dough for this 🙂
To knead your dough, turn the dough out onto a clean, well-floured work surface. Fold the dough in half and press down with your hands. Continue doing this until the dough becomes a smooth ball.
Wondering why we can’t just mix it with the spoon a little longer and avoid the messy work? Well, as I said earlier, I actually really like kneading so it’s not something I want to skip but I was curious as to
An Excellent No Yeast Pizza Dough
Reason 1: It helps ensure that ingredients are fully mixed. That makes sense to me. With dough being so sticky and pretty dense (as compared to say, cake batter) it would be hard to incorporate everything just by mixing with a spoon.
Reason 2: Kneading hydrates the flour. Flour needs (no pun intended) to soak up the water in order to have a successful dough. Kneading speeds this process up.

Reason 3: Kneading strengthens the gluten strands. Okay, I actually kinda knew this one already! Strengthening the gluten strands creates a more flexible but sturdy dough.
How To Make Sourdough Pizza Dough
If you want to get even further into the details, check out My Pizza Corner! They go into more detail on each of these points. And just generally has everything you want to know about pizza dough and pizza making.
This might not be something you make on a weeknight as it does require 3 1/2 hours of rise time. If you want to make it the night before, just place the dough in the fridge after letting it rise, then take it out about an hour before you plan to bake and allow it to rest at room temperature.
A little note: Let this rise in a warm place. I have a gas wall heater and I sat it next to that with the heater “off”. If you don’t have that option, just put it in a warm place and cover it with a clean towel.
Sourdough Pizza With Sourdough Discard Dough
We are so close to some amazing pizza! Just roll the dough out onto your baking vessel. I used my new BareBones cast iron skillet and it was a wonderful experience.
For this pizza, I went with a classic combo of marinara sauce (try my marinara recipe or use my favorite store-bought marinara), pepperoni, black olives, bell pepper and mozzarella. Marinated artichokes and pepperoncini are also delicious pizza toppings I use often!

I hope you give this sourdough pizza crust recipe a try! I love the freedom of being able to use my sourdough discard instead of relying on yeast packets from the store. For the record, I have nothing against store bought yeast and will continue to use in my other yeasty recipes linked below. It’s just nice to have options. If you make this recipe, be sure to give me shout! I’d love to know how it turned out— leave me a comment/rating/question below or find me on instagram @the.
Whole Wheat No Yeast No Rise Vegan Pizza Dough
MATCHA SHORTBREAD COOKIES ACAI BOWLS WITH TRADER JOE’S ACAI CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN PASTA ROASTED KUMQUATS STARBUCKS CHAI LATTE RECIPE CARDAMOM SYRUP SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST BOWL FIG AND PROSCIUTTO PIZZA VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS VERDES WITH BLACK BEAN AND SWEET POTATO CUCUMBER CELERY JUICE CHIPOTLE BACON RECIPES WITH SIMPLE SYRUPQuick sourdough discard pizza dough that you can make with your eyes closed! This sourdough pizza dough is so simple and there's lots of ways you can make it fit exactly what you need.
You can easily use sourdough discard for this recipes, but it works just as well with an active, bubbly starter. I've explained how to decide what to use further down.
You'll also discover that this delicious quick sourdough pizza dough is really easy to freeze. You'll never need to order pizza in again!
Naturally Leavened Pizza Dough (no Yeast)
We love this quick sourdough discard pizza served with this delicious sourdough garlic bread or as sourdough pizza bianca! And don't forget to make this delicious homemade pizza sauce to take your sourdough pizza to the next level! Or for something different, try this white pizza sauce made with sourdough starter.
This recipe has been made using sourdough discard

0 Response to "Sourdough Pizza Recipe No Yeast"
Posting Komentar