Pulled Pork Pizza Recipe

Pulled Pork Pizza Recipe

This is a big big favorite in our house. Pizza on the grill? Check. BBQ pulled pork, all saucy and tangy and wonderful? Check again. Super sweet and crisp corn, at its peak flavor? Major check. 

The pizza has just about everything I love. The pulled pork is amazing. The sweet corn is so delicious right now. I slice it directly from the cob on to the pizza – it’s refreshing and crunchy. Then we have melty cheese, more BBQ sauce, a bunch of fresh herbs and some pickled onions. 

Pulled

Pulled pork is quite possibly my favorite meat ever, so I’m always looking for new and fun ways to use it. It’s so versatile and everyone else in the house loves it, so I knew we couldn’t go wrong with pizza. Plus, I shared a pulled pork pizza nearly a decade ago that is also loaded with flavor. 

Easy Bbq Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizza Recipe

This recipe is PERFECT for leftover pulled pork. You know, if you have a party or even just a larger sunday dinner and have some pulled pork leftovers? Oh yes, this is exactly what you should do with it.

In fact, I would never make pulled pork JUST for this recipe. I mean, maybe with this in mind for leftovers, yes, but never just for it.

I love pulled pork way too much  – so if I’m making it, we’re most likely serving it as a sandwich ! With lots of slaw and BBQ sauce of course.

Bbq Pulled Pork Pizza • The Candid Cooks

Or maybe – you even have pulled pork in the freezer? I often take the leftovers and toss them in the freezer. Or make a double batch at once so I can immediately freeze some for a future meal. It’s one of the only things I think is worth throwing in the freezer – and the flavor stays so well. 

Now I will say, if you’re just madly craving this pizza (don’t blame you, it’s fab!), there is another option! Both costco and the jack daniel’s brand makes prepared pulled pork and it’s in the cold/deli section. I’ve used it in a pinch for parties and it’s pretty good. All you do is heat it in the oven or even the slow cooker – or a saucepan! And you’ve got pulled pork for your pizza. Wins all around! 

When it comes to cheese, I like a mix of classic italian cheeses here with sharp white cheddar. The white cheddar gives a nod to the BBQ sauce and really brings out that sharp flavor. I highly suggest doing both!

Pulled Pork Pizza

Lots of BBQ sauce on top! Whatever sauce you love – any kind works, truly! I’d probably choose this cola BBQ sauce at the moment. If we’re talking jarred, I would pick bone suckin’ sauce!

You can also add on a few other clean-out-the-fridge ingredients if you’d like. Sliced red onion instead of pickled , jalapeno or bell peppers, even thinly sliced mushrooms. 

I like to keep the tomato sauce off this pizza, mostly because non-tomato based pizzas are the ones I love the most. All of the other flavors shine so much that you don’t need a tomato sauce. The BBQ sauce more than makes up for it!

Leftover Pulled Pork Pizza

Be sure to follow @ on instagram and tag #. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.The combination of the sweet and savory flavors of the barbecue sauce, the tender pulled pork, sliced onions, and cilantro is a delicious and unique flavor combination that has made BBQ pizza a popular choice for pizza lovers everywhere.

I think my friend said it best when she told me, “A good bbq pizza can turn your day around!” And I’ve got to agree with her. There’s just something about the sweet, smoky, tangy flavor combinations in a pulled pork pizza that make people happy!

Best

This recipe uses bbq sauce in two ways. The first way is in the pizza sauce, and the second is to coat the pulled pork. To make bbq pizza sauce, simply combine pizza sauce and barbecue sauce.

Southern Bbq Pizza With Pulled Pork

We used homemade pizza sauce and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. Depending on which sauces you choose to combine, you can create different flavor profiles, from sweet and mild to hot and spicy.

We had leftover pulled pork to use for this pizza, but if you don’t have any, you can also buy ready-to-use pulled pork at many grocery stores. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pulled pork and stir until it is well coated. Of course, if your meat already has bbq sauce on it, you don’t need to add more!

Turning your oven into a bbq pizza oven is easy if you have a pizza stone. It helps to achieve a crust that’s similar to what you’d get at a pizzeria. To do this, preheat the oven and the pizza stone so that the bottom of the crust can cook on a hot surface and become crispy.

Bbq Pulled Pork & Pineapple Pizza Recipe

However, the hardest part is transferring the pizza onto the stone in the oven. But don’t worry; we’ve got some tips to make it easier. And if you don’t have a pizza stone, we have an alternative method for you.

Pizza Peel: Spread semolina flour on a pizza peel before adding your pizza dough crust. When you shake the peel, the dough should be able to slide around. If it sticks, sprinkle more semolina flour underneath.

Barbecue

Cookie Sheet: In case you don’t have a pizza peel, or it’s too small for your pizza, you can use a cookie sheet instead. Roll out the crust on a silicone mat, then sprinkle semolina flour on a cookie sheet before placing the crust on top.

Maple Bbq Pulled Pork, Apple, And Onion Lavash Pizza

Pizza Stone Alternative: If you don’t own a baking stone, you can make the pizza on a greased baking sheet. If you use this method, it is best to prebake the crust for five minutes before adding the toppings.

Carefully slide the pizza from the cookie sheet (or pizza peel) directly onto the hot pizza stone in the preheated oven. Bake the pizza at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro.

Or, if you want to bake the pizza directly on the baking sheet, bake it at 425˚F for 10-15 minutes since you prebaked the crust for 5 minutes already.

Leftover Pulled Pork Pizza With Bbq Sauce & Pickles

To make a Hawaiian version, add diced pineapple chunks along with the other toppings before baking the pizza. Pineapple adds a sweetness that contrasts with the tangy barbecue sauce.

You can easily turn this pizza into a BBQ Chicken Pizza by swapping out the shredded pork for shredded chicken! It’s a great way to use leftover chicken, and it tastes fantastic.

BBQ

You can make the whole pizza on a pizza stone on the grill. Preheat a grilling stone along with the grill and then slide the pizza onto it to cook the pizza.

Leftover Bbq Pulled Pork Pizza

Or you can make individual pizzas on the grill by precooking the crusts for 2 minutes and then adding the toppings called for in the recipe.

One: Pizza Stone Alternative Spread the dough on a greased baking sheet. Partially bake the crust at 425˚F for five minutes. Add the toppings and return the pizza to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.

Two: Leftovers Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months. Reheat it in the oven, microwave, or air fryer.

Pulled Pork Pizza With Jalapenos And Mango Salsa

Serving: 2 slices | Calories: 672 kcal | Carbohydrates: 108 g | Protein: 23 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0.01 g | Cholesterol: 51 mg | Sodium: 2734 mg | Potassium: 512 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 63 g | Vitamin A: 828 IU | Vitamin C: 4 mg | Calcium: 303 mg | Iron: 4 mg

Hi! I’m Tonia, the owner and recipe creator at The Gunny Sack, where I’ve shared easy recipes for busy people for 12+ years! My family-friendly meals, easy side dishes, and delicious desserts include mouthwatering photos, dynamic videos, and step-by-step instructions to help you cook at home.This is the easiest way to prep a lot of individual pizzas in no time at all. For busy weeknight dinners, entertaining kids, or almost any occasion,  these personal pizzas fit the bill. Don't worry, there's no homemade pizza dough to knead and stretch thanks to store-bought French bread, and using jarred marinara works just fine! If you want to get fancy, you can use homemade pizza sauce or fresh mozzarella, but guess what? Whatever you can find in any ol' average grocery store works great. Don't overthink it. Just pick your toppings and go for it! 

How

It starts with French bread (or deli rolls if you can't find French bread). Split 'em in half and top with sauce. Next comes the cheese and don't be shy with it. Then, the toppings! Sauté some onions, brown some sausage, and use whatever else you like. 

Bbq Pulled Pork Pizza Using Leftovers

I like to start cooking the pizzas at 375 degrees on the lowest oven rack so the bread has a chance to get a little crispy. Then, I crank up the oven to 425 degrees and move the pizzas to the top rack to

0 Response to "Pulled Pork Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar