Mexican Pizza Recipe

Mexican Pizza Recipe

This Mexican Pizza recipe is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic (but better!) Fried tortillas, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, and gooey, melted cheese!

When my husband and I were stationed in England years ago, I often craved my favorite foods from the States. If I couldn’t get them in England, I would try to recreate them at home.One of those things was Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza. This one is slightly similar to my Easy Layered Taco Bake but I don’t use refried beans in that one and the tortillas in that one are not fried.

Taco

No. It is totally an American invention for American consumers. Not that anything Taco Bell makes is truly Mexican, but ya know, we like it.

Taco Pizza (papa Murphy's Copycat Recipe)

Yes. You can make this is big or small as you’d like. You can use street taco sized tortillas or burrito size tortillas. You can also purchase the Azteca shells that you would use for taco bowls and bake those. They are pretty large and are great to serve more people.

Yes. The Taco Bell version uses a sauce that is similar to enchilada sauce with lots of diced tomatoes in it. We don’t have a similar sauce like that you can buy at the grocery store so the closest I have found is enchilada sauce. You could certainly mix the enchilada sauce with half a can of drained diced tomatoes to get it close to the Taco Bell version.

No. I love how crispy it makes the shells but you could bake them or put them in the air fryer until crispy.

Mexican Pizza Recipe With Refried Beans

The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can reheat in an air fryer, toaster oven or in the microwave. This can also be frozen. Wrap with plastic wrap then in aluminum foil. It will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. Let it defrost in the refrigerator then re-heat.

Place beef back into skillet. Add taco seasoning packet, water and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until thickened.

In a large skillet, heat up oil over medium heat. Make sure the oil is nice and hot. Add tortillas (one at a time) and cook for 2-4 minutes (flipping frequently) until crisp. Continue with the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.

Mexican Pizza Recipe

Meanwhile, heat up the refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl. This will make it easier to spread onto the tortilla.On each tortilla, slather a generous layer of refried beans. Then top with seasoned ground beef.

Place another tortilla on top. Slather about two tablespoons of the enchilada sauce on top.Then place some shredded cheese on top of the sauce. Continue assembling the rest of the Mexican pizzas.

Place the pizzas on a large nonstick baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite toppings!

Copy Cat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza

Calories: 483 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 27 g | Fat: 24 g | Sodium: 1751 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 9 g

“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.A Taco Bell copycat recipe, this Mexican Pizza is made with fried tortillas, refried beans, taco meat, lots of cheese, and your favorite taco toppings. It’s a delicious alternative to your everyday tacos and quick and easy to make!

Mexican Pizza was a super popular Taco Bell item for a long time and people came unhinged when it was removed from the menu. HA. I think they brought it back but then removed it again. I’m honestly not sure about the current status…but the good news is, you can make your Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at home with this recipe!

Easy Air Fryer Mexican Pizza Recipe

Just like the Taco Bell version, this Mexican Pizza is made with refried beans and taco meat between two crunchy tortillas, topped with enchilada sauce, cheese, and a few toppings. These are quick and easy to assemble, especially if you have leftover taco meat, and are just so good!

Mexican

This ingredients list is very close to the OG Taco Bell Mexican Pizza ingredients list, so you can create the best copycat version at home.

Does Taco Bell use flour or corn tortillas to make their Mexican pizza? According to their website, they use flour tortillas – but when they first released the pizzas, they were made on corn tortillas that were fried to get super crispy. So use whatever you prefer!

Better Than Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe

If you want to give your Taco Bell pizza some extra flavor, try topping it with some additional sauces, like sofrito, salsa verde, or pico de gallo. Sour cream is another great topping.

While this is a meal on its own, it’s always fun to serve it up with some other Mexican classics like chips and guacamole. And, of course, nothing washes it down better than a margarita! (Or some horchata for the kids.)

It’s best to enjoy your Mexican pizzas immediately but if there are leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, ideally without the olive and tomato toppings as then it’s easier to reheat. Keep them covered or wrapped in foil. Reheat in the oven until the pizza is warmed through.

Homemade Mexican Pizza (copycat Taco Bell Recipe)

I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full onTikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, andYouTube!

A Taco Bell copycat recipe, this Mexican Pizza is made with fried tortillas, refried beans, taco meat, lots of cheese, and your favorite taco toppings. It's a fun alternative to your everyday tacos and quick and easy to make!

Mexican

Calories: 542 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 29 g | Fat: 31 g | Saturated Fat: 14 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 90 mg | Sodium: 1397 mg | Potassium: 310 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 766 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 355 mg | Iron: 4 mg

Mexican Taco Pizza Recipe

Nutritional information given is an automatic calculation and can vary based on the exact products you use and any changes you make to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.

Subscribe for free to receive new weekly recipes and instantly get a week’s worth of family meals that are quick, easy, and inexpensive to make!Mexican Pizza – a homemade version of the famous Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, only better! Super easy and a fun dinner the whole family will love.

I used to love Taco Bell. I am pretty sure it was because you could get so much food for so little money, but their crunchy tacos were my favorite! Then one day I discovered the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza and I was hooked!But their Crunchwrap Supreme ranks pretty high too.

Copycat Mexican Pizza Recipe

And now that they discontinued it, it is time to make it at home, even better!Although, I heard they are coming back in May of 2022.

We all know I love Mexican food in any form. I mean, I could have Sour Cream Enchiladas every day and be one happy girl. But sometimes you have to mix it up a bit. And making restaurant favorites at home, is always a good idea!

This Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe is really simple to make, you just need few ingredients and a few minutes and you are done.

Mexican

Mexican Pizza Recipe: How To Make Mexican Pizza Recipe

The nice thing about this is you can customize it however you want. If you don’t like beans, don’t add them. If you really like black olives, add them. It is up to you!Back when this first came out at Taco Bell it included black olives.

I stuck with the basic version you can find at Taco Bell that has refried beans, taco meat, and a few diced tomatoes on top. I did add a couple of green onions for color, but you could use cilantro instead or just leave it plain. And if you have any Homemade Refried Beans, use those!

I call for flour in this recipe, because that is what I like. But you can definitely use corn. I believe that Taco Bell uses flour and then fries them to get them super crispy. So if you want it a little more “authentic” and more like Taco Bell, then use flour.

Taco Pizza [step By Step Video]

If you read the comment section below there are a few former employees who commented. It sounds like what they used may have changed over the years or maybe region of the country. So whatever tortilla you like, you can get it crispy and it works great.

I have been making this Mexican pizza for years, and it is such a fun way to mix up taco night. It is easy to make and have everything on hand, plus the whole family will love it!Plus like a lot

0 Response to "Mexican Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar