Godfather'S Pizza Recipe

Godfather'S Pizza Recipe

Just call me Tonya, destroyer of diets. Slayer of sensible eating. You will rue the day you read this post. I’m sorry in advance. I’ve managed to resist the temptation to make this dessert for almost a year. However, 364 days is the most I can say “no” to something I really want. Even I have my limits. Ever since my cousin posted the recipe on her blog it has called to me. I maintained self-control because I knew from looking at photos, this dessert pizza copycat was the devil. And I was right. Pure evil.

Finally, my resolve broke. I drove by the former location of a Godfather’s Pizza today and started dreaming of  luscious cinnamon streusel deliciousness all the way home. I swung by the grocery store, picked up a ready-to-go pizza dough and about 10 minutes later was burning my hands and my tongue as I shoveled a piping hot, perfectly crisp and sweet piece of glorious into my mouth. Oh heaven.

-

I am not kidding you. I could open a pizza place that served only this and make buckets of money off all the Godfather’s Pizza lovers who no longer have one around. It is that perfect.

I Got It Right: Godfather's Dessert Pizza Copy Cat

If you’re wondering why I have a Rock pizza box lying around, it’s because my sister got me some to make battleshots out of. But that’s another story. I’m sorry, I can’t tell it now – I have some more pizza to eat.

To make pizza, pat dough into a 12 inch pizza pan that has been sprayed with oil.  Perforate pizza dough with a fork (this keeps bubbles from forming),  then brush with 1 TBSP melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon all around buttered crust. Top pizza crust with streusel mix, crumbling in your hands to make nice pea sized chunks.

Bake at 460° F for 8 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of the pizza.  Mix icing ingredients until it is of a drizzle consistency. If it is too thick, then thin with a small amount of milk until you have reached your desired thinness.

Godfather's Pizza, Spring Valley

30 Day Shred America's Test Kitchen Appetizers baking Bars BBQ Birthday Bread Breakfast Cake Candy Chicken Chocolate Christmas Cinnamon Cookies Cooking Cupcakes Dessert Desserts Dinner Drinks Easy Exercise Food Frosting Gluten Free Jillian Michaels Kids lemon Life Lunch Muffins No Bake Party Peanut Butter Pie Pumpkin Quick Recipes Snacks Spunk Summer Treats VodkaTaco Pizza combines homemade pizza dough with jarred taco sauce, fresh veggies, spicy taco meat, and shredded cheese. This copycat version is unbelievably tasty and perfect for pizza night!

My quick pizza dough is my go-to for all things pizza. A simple 6-ingredient recipe that you should have in your arsenal! Give my Skillet Pesto Tomato Pizza or my White Sauce Pizza Recipe a try next.

Some of you know that my hubby and I are high school sweethearts. We met in the 3rd grade when his family moved to town, and we attended the same private Catholic schools through high school. We had secret crushes on each other on and off during our childhood, and then we started dating after Mike got his license at 16.

Godfathers Pizza Menu Takeout In Geelong

So sweet, huh? He must have really liked me because I was sporting two black eyes on our first date after colliding with my friend’s elbow during basketball practice.

I

Mike and I ate Godfather’s taco pizza almost EVERY weekend during our high school dating years. You see, our small town didn’t have many options, but we didn’t care because we loved Godfather’s so much.

Make dough. Use my homemade recipe to make the BEST DOUGH. Here in Texas, it doesn’t take long for it to rise because of our warmer climate. My recipe makes three medium-sized pizzas, so I double it when I’m having company.

Yummy, Easy Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe

Cook taco meat. Use the same skillet to cook the taco meat. Simply add the beef and jalapeños to the pan and cook until the meat is cooked through. Then add the taco seasoning and cook for a few more minutes.

You can strain the meat (before adding seasoning) if you have a higher fat content. If the ground beef is lean, you may need to add a little water to the meat as it cooks.

Godfather's

Arrange dough. To start, roll out the dough. For this occasion (pictured), we baked the pizza in an oven at a high temperature.

Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe

Bake (or grill) – Cook pizza at a high temp. We use 475-500 degrees in our oven or at least 500 degrees on our grill/smoker. The pizza is done when the crust is nice and golden brown.

Pleaselet me know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me onPinterest, and catch me onInstagram.

Godfather'sTaco Pizzacombines homemade pizza dough with jarred taco sauce, fresh veggies, spicy taco meat, and shredded cheese. This copycat version is unbelievably tasty and perfect for pizza night!

-

Godfather's Pizza: Humble Pie

If grilling the pizza, you’ll need either a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet. If baking in the oven, you can use a stone, a skillet, or even a baking sheet.

Serving: 6 g | Calories: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Protein: 18 g | Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 50 mg | Sodium: 507 mg | Potassium: 336 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 780 IU | Vitamin C: 20 mg | Calcium: 202 mg | Iron: 2 mg

0 Response to "Godfather'S Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar