Fruit Pizza Recipes Without Cream Cheese

Fruit Pizza Recipes Without Cream Cheese

This easy Fruit Pizza recipe is made with my favorite brown sugar cookie crust, it’s spread with a dreamy cream cheese frosting, and finally topped with your favorite combination of fruit. Always a crowd fave!

We’ve officially entered the best season of the year to shop for fresh fruit. Which means it’s also the best season of the year to make a gorgeous fresh fruit pizza!

Homemade

I don’t know about you, but this retro summertime dessert will always be a favorite. And when made with my favorite brown sugar cookie dough (which many of you already know and love!), a quick and dreamy cream cheese frosting, plus whatever juicy fresh fruit your heart desires, this easy fruit pizza recipe is guaranteed to be a hit!

Mini Fruit Pizza Cookies

As always when it comes to fruit pizza, the shape, colors and decor style of your fruit pizza are all 100% up to you. You can choose to either bake yours in a quarter sheet pan, a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, or a 12-inch round pizza pan. You can use whatever types of colorful fruit sound good to you. And you are more than welcome to channel your inner Martha and decorate your fruit pizza as intricately as you would like…or, ha, do what I usually do and just sprinkle a bunch of leftover fruit on top in a hurry and call it abstract and good.

Anyway, if you happen to be looking for a winning easy fruit pizza recipe to have in your back pocket this summer, bookmark this puppy because it’s a keeper!

This easy Fruit Pizza recipe is made with my favorite brown sugar cookie crust, spread with a dreamy cream cheese frosting, and then topped with your favorite combination of fruit!

Homemade Fruit Pizza

*Pressing The Dough: It might help to chill the dough for 10 minutes before pressing it into the pan.  I also wet my fingers periodically with water to keep the dough from sticking to my fingers.Easy no chill sugar cookie dough, fluffy cream cheese topping, and piles of fresh fruit toppings make this Fruit Pizza a smash hit for any occasion.

I think Fruit Pizza might be magic food.  It is beautiful and whimsical and insanely delicious.  I mean you are taking a sugar cookie, frosting it with a really good cream cheese frosting and then loading it up with lovely fresh fruit so yes – DELICIOUS.  If unicorns existed they would probably eat fruit pizza every day.  (Not that I’m saying unicorns don’t exist – really I have no proof either way!)

A lot of fruit pizza recipes call for a sugar cookie mix but there are no mixes on the market that taste like a yummy homemade sugar cookie.  And of course if the cookie is not amazing the pizza is not amazing.

Easy Fruit Pizza

I did some experimenting and converted my simple no chill sugar cookie recipe and it makes an excellent crust.  The flavor is to die for and slathering it with the cream cheese sauce just sends me to my happy “unicorns are real” place.

Fruit pizza is one of those recipes perfect for riffing!  Springtime? Bring on the strawberries!  Stone fruit is in season?  Peaches and plums it is!  Fall?  Apples, pears and a drizzle of easy caramel sauce!

I will also note you don’t usually see melons on fruit pizza.  It is one of the few fruits that I don’t think goes well with the cream cheese and sugar cookie aesthetic.

Fresh Fruit Pizza

Fruit pizza is simple to prepare but if you are making it for a holiday like Easter it is nice to be able to prep ahead of time. I don’t recommend making the entire fruit pizza the day before because it does get soggy and less fresh over time.

You can make a great fruit pizza with the tools you already have in your kitchen.  I bake a lot so I like using an off set frosting spatula like this one to spread the cream cheese mixture unto the crust.  If you do a lot of baking consider investing in one of these.

-

I also use a 12″ pizza pan like this to bake the sugar cookie crust.  USA Bakeware makes wonderful high quality pans.  However, you could also use a different shape of baking dish.

Sugar Cookie Flag Fruit Pizza

Fruit pizza doesn’t need a glaze.  It is delicious and beautiful without one.  But if you enjoy that lovely glazed shine by all means glaze away!  And a glaze will help prevent browning if you are using fruits like apples and bananas that brown quickly.

To make a fruit pizza glaze take a half cup of your favorite seedless jam or jelly and microwave it for a few seconds until it is thin and runny.  Brush the jam over the fruit with a pastry brush for a lovely, shiny glaze!  The best jellies for glaze are apricot and apple.  I also think raspberry is wonderful if you have seedless or strain the seeds out but it will be a dark red glaze – better for berry fruit pizzas.

Easy no chill sugar cookie dough, fluffy cream cheese sauce, and piles of fresh fruit toppings make this Fruit Pizza a smash hit for any occasion.

Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe

How to Measure Flour: Too much or too little flour makes bad sugar cookie crust! The correct way to measure flour is to spoon it into the measuring cup and then use the flat edge of a knife to level the cup. This ensures exact measuring.

Saving Dough For Later: You can wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate it for a day. To make the pizza knead the dough a bit until it becomes softer or allow it to come up in temperature by leaving it on the counter for about 20 minutes.

Fruit

How to Glaze Fruit Pizza (Optional):  To make a fruit pizza glaze take a half cup of your favorite seedless jam or jelly and microwave it for a few seconds until it is thin and runny.  Brush the jam over the fruit with a pastry brush for a lovely, shiny glaze!  The best jellies for glaze are apricot and apple.  I also think raspberry is wonderful if you have seedless or strain the seeds out but it will be a dark red glaze - better for berry fruit pizzas. 

Easter Egg Fruit Pizza

Calories: 534 kcal | Carbohydrates: 62 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 30 g | Saturated Fat: 18 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 230 mg | Potassium: 137 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 37 g | Vitamin A: 965 IU | Calcium: 61 mg | Iron: 2 mg

Is written to share great recipes. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline, we are not registered dietitians and the values provided here should be considered estimates – not exact scientific data.

I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!You will love this delicious fruit pizza recipe because it uses fresh fruit, is extremely easy to make using a puff pastry and the topping is dairy free! 

Easy Fruit Pizza (with A Pizza Crust!)

This is the best fruit pizza for all special occasions such as a summer baby shower,  BBQ’s, Easter, and Mother’s Day Brunch and Father’s Day Cookouts! Whatever the occasion is , this dessert pizza is great for a crowd!

A store bought puff pastry makes baking this dessert super simple. Also a nice alternative to this fruit pizza is that it doesn’t use cream cheese icing. Lemon curd with a sweet layer of strawberry jam is the hero here and then it’s topped with a variety of fruit!

EASY

If lemon curd and strawberry jam aren’t your thing, you can also use coconut yogurt or pudding mix. Or layer the lemon curd with a creamy frosting like cool whip or marshmallow creme.

Fruit Pizza Recipe (video)

For best results, consume the fruit pizza the same day. You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.

Wait to frost the puff pastry until you are ready to serve it. Serving it fresh will help with any soggy crusts.

My dessert pizza recipe was inspired by all the variety of fruits that are available in summer. I found myself with lots of berries and it was time to create a delicious recipe!

The Best Fruit Pizza Recipe

I enjoy fruit pizza but I don’t always like dairy toppings. Lemon curd is one of my faves so this seemed like the perfect combination. As I originally tried to make my own sugar cookie dough, I had some mishaps and ended up using puff pastry. This makes a wonderful fresh fruit pizza.

Only simple ingredients are used in this fruit pizza recipe and I love that the only prep is washing and cutting the fruit.

Fruit

Easy Fruit Pizza Without Cream Cheese: Inspired by the end of Summer, this quick and mouth watering Fruit Pizza is made with puff pastry, fresh fruits and lemon curd from Trader Joe's.

Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza With Cream Cheese Frosting

Though I used Puff Pastry, this

0 Response to "Fruit Pizza Recipes Without Cream Cheese"

Posting Komentar