Pizza Recipes With Pesto

Pizza Recipes With Pesto

This is homemade pesto pizza, the unassuming and very green, nutty, garlicky version of tomato sauce-topped pizza. Use fresh homemade pesto and top with mozzarella cheese and any other pizza toppings you enjoy. I like to finish it off with fresh basil, plus a sprinkle of red pepper flakes right before serving.

And yet another use for this amazingly simple, beginners-welcome pizza dough. And, well, this is also another use for homemade pesto, but a reduced-down version to make just enough for your pizza.

Pesto

Both recipes are repeated favorites and I want to show you how I bring them together to make an epic pesto pizza that delivery boxes would probably fight over!!

Basil Pesto Pizza

Listen, if you’re nervous to make pizza dough from scratch, I get it. Working with yeast can be intimidating and time-consuming. But this pizza dough requires just 6 ingredients (two of them are water and salt… so easy) and most of the 2 hours required is completely hands-off as the dough rises. You can even prepare the dough earlier in the day, the night before, or freeze it in advance. I also have an equally simple whole wheat pizza dough recipe that bakes up surprisingly soft. (I love the heartier, wholesome flavor of that one.)

The dough yields about 2 lbs., which is enough for 2 pizzas. You need 1/2 of the dough recipe for 1 pesto pizza or you can double the topping & pesto ingredients to make 2 pizzas.

(If you’re only making 1 pizza, make a batch of cheesy breadsticks on the side or freeze the 2nd half of dough. Because you WILL want to make pesto pizza again!!)

Chicken Pesto Pizza (easy Sheet Pan Pizza)

The recipe below includes a small batch homemade pesto recipe that yields about 1/2 cup, which is just enough for 1 pizza. You need a food processor or blender to make it. If you love pesto and want extras, make a double batch, which is basically the recipe on my homemade pesto page. You can, of course, use your own favorite recipe for pesto or a jar of quality store-bought pesto.

Absolutely not. If you don’t have a pizza pan, use a regular sheet pan. Grease it with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal, and then press the dough into whatever shape that will fit. Make sure the dough is about 1/2-inch thick. For a thinner pizza, stretch the dough out more.

Success Tip: If your pizza dough keeps shrinking as you try to stretch it, stop what you’re doing, cover it lightly with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rest for 5–10 minutes. This time allows the gluten to settle and relax. When you return to it, the dough will hold shape much better.

Cheesy Garlic Pesto Pizza With Fried Basil

This is a simple recipe for pesto pizza on top of homemade pizza dough. Feel free to use store-bought dough if needed. Yields one 12-inch pizza or you can make two pizzas from the whole dough recipe. If doing so, double the pesto and other topping ingredients.

Sally McKenney is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. Her kitchen-tested recipes and thorough step-by-step tutorials give readers the knowledge and confidence to bake from scratch. Sally has been featured onAttention kale lovers! I have a pizza for you. Everyone else, please shield your eyes and forgive me for the very green pizza on your screen.

I’ve had this idea for a while now—kale pesto pizza with golden mozzarella and crispy kale on top—and it is finally reality. A very tasty reality, of which I am looking forward to eating again for lunch.

Chicken Pesto Pizza

As any good vegetarian blogger should be, I am obsessed with pesto, and basil is awfully expensive this time of year. I say “this time of year” like it’s nothing, but it’s snowy, icy, below freezing and gray outside. I’m currently questioning what I’m doing with my life and daydreaming about beach vacations.

As I was saying, kale pesto is a great, affordable option this time of year. I made mine with pecans and I love the subtle, sweet pecan flavor in every bite.

Pesto

You could also use walnuts in your pesto, or pepitas for a nut-free option. This vegan pesto would be fantastic on pasta if you need to warm up with a bowl of warm pasta.

Pesto Pizza With Fresh Mozzarella And Tomatoes

This kale pesto pizza recipe is a perfect weeknight meal! Kale lovers will appreciate the crispy kale on top, too. You can change up the toppings if you’d prefer, though! Recipe yields one large, 12-inch pizza or two smaller, 9-inch pizzas.

The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full nutrition disclosure here.

Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #.

Grilled Pizza With Pesto And Fresh Mozzarella

Subscribe to our email newsletter! As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. (It's all free.)

© Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2023. All rights reserved. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC.To me, a good pesto pizza should have bold pesto flavor. I don’t want it to taste faintly of basil, garlic, Parmesan and olive oil—I want those flavors to bowl me over. The key is to spread a generous layer of pesto over the pizzas before baking, and then

Kale

Top them with more pesto when they come out of the oven. Not only do these pizzas taste very “pesto-y, ” they also look gorgeous and feel a little more special than your typical pizza pie.

Simple Pesto Pizza Recipe

I’ve given instructions for homemade pizza dough below but don’t feel obligated to make it; store-bought pizza dough works beautifully and makes this recipe totally doable on a weeknight. Same goes for the pesto — if you want to make it from scratch, use this recipe, but store-bought works well, too (I like Mama’s pesto from Whole Foods).

In a mixer fitted with the dough hook (or a large bowl if you’d like to make it by hand), combine the flour, yeast, salt, olive oil, and water.

Cover the dough balls with a damp kitchen towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes — the dough will rise a bit.

Easy Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza

Lightly dust a work surface with flour, and then pat and stretch the rested dough into two 12×8-inch rectangles. If the dough is sticky, dust it lightly with flour.

Place the two pizza doughs side-by-side on the prepared baking sheet. Then press the dough out again so that it almost touches the edges of the pan.

Pesto

Bake the pizzas on the bottom rack for 4 minutes. (I do this so the crust has time to crisp up; if you add the cheese from the get-go, it gets too brown before the crust is fully cooked.)

Recipe: Tomato & Basil Pesto Pizza With Roasted Cauliflower

Remove the pan from the oven; and then top the pizzas with the mozzarella cheese, followed by the tomato slices, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper.

I'd love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @.

This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.

Vegan Pesto Pizza With Roasted Tomato

0 Response to "Pizza Recipes With Pesto"

Posting Komentar