This Italian Ricotta Pizza with spinach, basil, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes is a homage to the Italian flag (and a really tasty way to say “I love you”).
Making food for others is my way of saying “I care about you, ” “I’m glad you are in my life, ” and, most importantly, “Thanks for putting up with me.”

With gooey, soul-comforting cheese, an array of flavorful toppings, and a crust that’s soft, crisp, and chewy all at the same time, pan pizza is a food for every occasion, every person, and, importantly, every appetite.
Ricotta And Tomato Pizzas Recipe
Today’s ricotta pizza with spinach, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and melty mozzarella is toes the line between fresh (hi, spinach!) and decadent (so much ricotta).
If you’ve only ever had ricotta in Vegetable Lasagna, you may be wondering if ricotta is good on pizza and what does ricotta pizza tastes like.
Ricotta is mild, creamy, and holds its shape when heated, making it perfect for dolloping over pizza crust (for a gooey, melty cheese pizza, try Burrata Pizza).
Tomato And Ricotta Pizza
Ricotta is versatile and pairs well with a wide range of Italian ingredients, especially garlic, herbs, tomatoes, and olive oil, all of which we are using here.
If you would like to make a gluten free ricotta pizza, you may follow this recipe using your favorite store-bought or homemade gluten free pizza crust recipe. For a keto or low-carb option, try this Broccoli Pizza Crust.
Other sauteed dark leafy greens may be substituted for the spinach. Try this white ricotta pizza with kale or Swiss chard as alternatives.
Smoked Turkey And Ricotta Cheese Pizza
Add other fresh herbs to this pizza that you have on hand or growing in your herb garden. Fresh oregano, parsley, dill, chives, or thyme would all be lovely additions.
When baking pizza at home, preparing your oven is key for best results. Here are my top oven tips for homemade pizza.
While shaping, if the dough stretches back on you, let it rest for several minutes, then try again (you can’t rush stubborn dough).

Hot Honey Pepperoni Ricotta Pizza
It’s so much easier when pizza stones have large handles to maneuver in and out of the oven or off the grill like this one.
No. Unlike other cheeses that melt into string pools of melty cheese, ricotta does not melt when cooked in the oven. Instead, it becomes ultra-soft and creamy while still retaining its overall shape.
While ricotta can technically be put on pizza before or after baking, if you want the ricotta to be warm and creamy, it is best to add it to pizza before baking.
Garlicky White Pizza With Homemade Ricotta And Ramps
If you have die-hard carnivores in your house who demand meat on their pizza, you could certainly add some if you’d like. I’d suggest some thin slices of cooked Grilled Chicken Breast or pieces of cooked Italian sausage.
Is ricotta good on pizza? The answer is yes, and this Italian ricotta pizza with spinach, basil, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes is proof.

Serving: 1 (of 2) Calories: 566 kcal Carbohydrates: 74 g Protein: 31 g Fat: 20 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 47 mg Potassium: 904 mg Fiber: 9 g Sugar: 1 g Vitamin A: 8558 IU Vitamin C: 39 mg Calcium: 564 mg Iron: 4 mg
White Pizza Recipe With Spinach & Ricotta Cheese
Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!Here’s a dreamy, creamy pizza that is an absolute must-make: Ricotta Pizza! This three cheese blend knocks it out of the park: creamy ricotta cheese, stretchy mozzarella and salty Parmesan. Then top it off with tangy artichokes, fresh basil and a honey drizzle. The intense savory with the sweet of the honey and the peppery herbs make it out of this world good! Here’s exactly how to replicate this beauty in the comfort of your own home.
This ricotta pizza uses seasoned ricotta as the sauce, so it’s considered a white pizza. The ricotta makes for a creamy texture, and works together with the mozzarella and Parmesan that hold it all together. Here are the basic steps (or go right to the recipe):
A few more white pizza recipes? Try Spinach Pizza or White Pizza (Pizza Bianca). Or make a white pizza as a Easy Cast Iron Pizza or Focaccia Pizza.
White Pizza With Spinach & Ricotta
Are you a fan of savory and sweet? It might seem unexpected, but adding just a hint of sweetness to a savory pizza takes it up a notch! Just a drizzle of honey sends it out of this world. It’s optional, but it makes the pizza in our book. If you like spicy food, try it with our hot honey.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/Sausage-and-Ricotta-Pizza-with-Castelvetrano-Olives-XL-RECIPE0422-74dd7f860abd4e40a5c3c283e3169cda.jpg?strip=all)
There’s a lot of variation in ricotta cheese brands. Some taste delightfully creamy and flavorful as is, some are pretty bland. Take a little taste before you mix together the seasonings for the ricotta pizza. Then adjust your salt content as you go: you may need a little more or less than the recipe calls for.
Making homemade pizza dough is the most technique-heavy portion of this ricotta pizza recipe. Once you’ve practiced a few times, you’ll get the hang of it! Again, if you’re nervous about this part, you can also make pizza with naan or flatbread: or you can make a pan pizza in a skillet! Here are a few things to know about making pizza dough:
Detroit Style Pizza With Ricotta
You can use this ricotta pizza as a starting point, and add whatever toppings you’d like! We suggest sticking with the three cheeses, and then building on top of that. Here are a few more toppings that would be tasty:This Ricotta Pizza is made with a ricotta cheese mixture seasoned with garlic and pecorino cheese slathered on a delicious flatbread. Seasoned ricotta cheese makes the perfect white pizza base and I love using Naan as my pizza crust because it becomes a personal brick oven pizza and it requires zero work. I am pretty certain this is the easiest and most delicious gourmet pizza recipe you will find on the internet.
In the past couple of years, I have gotten really into white pizza. I blame this new found love on two Philadelphia pizzerias who make delicious white pizza. They are different from each other, but both delicious in their own way. Pizzeria Beddia makes amazing white pizza but it is made with more of a bechamel sauce and not ricotta. The other place I love is Franco’s. Franco’s is sort of this very classic old-school pizzeria. They have an excellent white pizza with vegetables and I started eating while pregnant and never stopped.
I think I have spoken about my change from pepperoni to vegetables a few times now, I used to always want pepperoni on my pizza, but in the past couple of years my taste buds have changed, and it opened me up to how delicious vegetable pizza is. I think, actually, it was because of Allison. She grew up loving vegetable pizza more than meat pizza and I guess she inspired me. But for real, a white pizza with veggies is my ultimate Friday night plans.

Zucchini, Mushroom & Tomato Herbed Ricotta Flatbread Pizza
I made two different versions of this Ricotta Pizza. I made one with just cheese and I made the other with some marinated artichokes hearts, the type you can find in a jar. Both were delicious! I love white pizza so much and making white pizza with ricotta could not be easier!
If you want to make this recipe on a regular raw pizza dough, you will likely not need as much of the ricotta mixture. I also recommend pre-baking the dough slightly. I love using Naan as pizza dough because it comes out tasting like my own personal brick oven pizza.
0 Response to "Pizza Recipes Using Ricotta Cheese"
Posting Komentar