Basic chicken pizza made delicious with cherry tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, shallots, and cheese. This pizza is tasty enough for any night of the week.
Homemade pizza is seriously one of my favorite things to cook during the week. And this chicken pizza is hands down my favorite yet! So serious right now.

Will you believe me when I tell you this crust is not homemade?! I feel like I just won the pizza crust jackpot. It’s soo good and yet ready to pop in the oven at a moment’s notice! Is there anything better than that on a busy weeknight? Definitely not! It’s Pillsbury’s™️Best Pizza Dough-Classic Crust and it’s awesome! There is also a thin crust version, which I have not tried but honestly the classic crust is on the thin side so I buy that one. You should definitely consider giving it a try sometime.
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Flatbread Pizza
And since it’s my easy weeknight chicken pizza we are going super fuss-free on the sauce and using your favorite store-bought pizza or marinara sauce for a base. Our weeknights are busy by the way so is there time for anything else?? I’m thinking uh…NO!
We just need PIZZA and FAST!! Oh and we want it super tasty and all that good stuff too, which is a given.
I have gone through several different pizza stages in my life, you guys. And honestly I am most happy with the current stage! So as a kid I was definitely in the “if it smells like pizza, I’ll eat it stage.” For real, what kid doesn’t like pizza?? Oh wait, that would be my little girl. Weird child.
Homemade Bbq Chicken Pizza
High school and college came and all of a sudden I became that girl that blots her pizza with a paper towel to “remove the grease.” I always pretended by doing that I was golden for eating an extra slice of pizza. 🤨
From there, I entered the “no pizza zone” for several years. I entered a health kick, and ate basically like zero carbs. There were a lot of salads, roasted veggies, and protein bars eaten during that phase. I might have been a little too on the skinny side during that time and to be honest I was not as healthy as I thought.
So now, I am pretty much back to the “if it smells like pizza, I’ll eat it stage!” Funny, huh! However, the main difference now is that I know what I like. My taste in pizza has definitely evolved over the years. Like don’t waste your money on the most expensive pizza sauce but rather choose quality cheeses and fresh herbs and veggies! In my opinion, homemade pizza just totally outdoes take-out unless I am in Chicago and then homemade pizza doesn’t even enter my mind. I love to throw on lots of fresh veggies, basically whatever ones are in the fridge. The kids’ half of course just has meat and cheese. I am still working on perfecting my homemade pizza skills but they sure have come a long way in just a couple of years.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Pizza. It’s so basic and so simple and yet soo dee-licious! You with me? Of course you are cause you’re just cool like that.
Basic chicken pizza made delicious with cherry tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, shallots, and cheese. This pizza is tasty enough for any night of the week.
*For the cooked chicken, I like to season it with salt and pepper and some Italian seasoning. To cook it quicker, I cut them in half lengthwise and bake at 350℉ for 22-24 minutes and no pink is visible in the center.
Easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Also if you have some cornmeal on hand, sprinkle some on to your baking sheet prior to placing the dough on it to keep it from sticking to the pan during baking. However if you buy the Pillsbury's™️ Best Pizza Dough then you will bake it on parchment paper that comes with it so there's no need for the cornmeal.Homemade chicken pesto pizza topped with fresh Italian ingredients. Shredded chicken breast, ripe tomatoes, basil pesto, and melty mozzarella baked on a crispy crust.
Try something new on your next family pizza night. Instead of a meat lover’s pizza with traditional tomato sauce, add a fresh basil pesto to season the crust. The aromatic herbs, garlic, cheese, and nuts add a gourmet flavor. Super sweet and juicy tomatoes add that missing tomato sauce element and complement the garden-inspired ingredients.

If you have leftover roasted chicken, this is a great way to use it on a new meal. Just shred the meat up. Freshly grated mozzarella cheese locks all the ingredients together when melted. I sprinkle a little parmesan right before serving to add a pleasant saltiness.
Two Pesto Chicken Pizza With Mozzarella And Ricotta < Call Me Pmc
I enjoy making homemade pizza dough because it’s easy and only has 5-ingredients. If you have bread flour, instant yeast, olive oil, salt, and water, you can turn them into a stretchy pizza crust in just a few hours. Even better, make it the day before to grab and use the next day. My recipe even makes two doughs if you need to feed a large group.
For convenience, you can pick up 1-pound raw pizza dough from the refrigerated section at most grocery stores. Pre-baked crusts are another quick alternative. Just make sure to follow the package directions for bake temperature and time.
I use my homemade pesto sauce to flavor the pizza dough for this recipe. Fresh basil leaves are the base of the sauce, giving a slightly peppery, anise, and mint flavor. Parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and pecorino romano add a rich, spicy taste to the herb sauce. The recipe makes a ½ cup, just what you need for the pizza.
Easy Pesto Pizza Recipe
You can also purchase store-bought products. I prefer the refrigerated options for the brightest flavor. The cooked jarred products have a muddled, dull taste that’s not as vibrant. If you have time, make it from scratch, and you’ll taste the difference.
A grate-able cheese, like mozzarella, has enough moisture to make it melt and liquefy together at around 130ºF (54ºC). It’s soft and flowable due to the high levels of water locked in between the casein protein network. I like its mild flavor to let the pesto sauce shine through.

Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top right before serving to add a sharper, nutty taste. It is a hard, dry cheese and doesn’t melt well. It’s best to add it later.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken (+ Video)
Any leftover chicken breast or thigh works to add to the pizza. I often roast a whole chicken or make a batch of grilled chicken breast during the week. If you need to cook it from scratch, no problem! Try my stovetop method or bake it to make a big batch. Shred the poultry into bite-size pieces. You’ll need one cup.
Even though we don’t have a traditional red sauce, I still use fresh tomatoes as a topping. Use small, ripe cherry tomatoes. The sweet and natural savory glutamate flavor compounds concentrate for a robust taste as they cook down. If desired, you can use other types of tomatoes like Cocktail or Roma.
Slice big pieces thin and into smaller wedges. They contain a lot of water, so you don’t want the top of the pizza to get too wet. Alternatively, pieces of sun-dried tomatoes also make a delicious option. Before baking, I sprinkle on salt and pepper to season the fruit and help bring the juices to the surface for quick evaporation.
Crispy Cast Iron Bbq Chicken Pizza
Make sure to let any chilled pizza dough sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. This duration makes the dough easier to work with as it will stretch more freely. When ready, place it on an oiled baking sheet with cornmeal for extra crunch as it gives a nice texture contrast on the bottom.
Form it into a 12-inch circle or desired shape. I like to brush the edges with olive oil, so it bakes up golden brown and crispy.

Spread the pesto sauce evenly on the dough first. Layer the mozzarella cheese on top, followed by the chicken and tomatoes to help bind the ingredients when the cheese melts—season with salt and pepper to enhance the taste of the fruit and poultry.
Copycat Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe
Bake at a high 500ºF (260ºC) on the lowest rack in the oven. The crust should be golden brown on the bottom and edges, and the cheese bubbling. Before serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts, and fresh basil. Slice it up and take a bite.
Pesto sauce is made with fresh herbs and quality extra-virgin olive oil. There are many health benefits from monounsaturated fatty acids in the oil and antioxidants. Compared to tomato sauce, there is more fat and sodium due to the addition of the oil and cheese. However, some tomato sauces contain added sugars. Make sure to read product labels if not making from scratch.
Pesto is a thick paste to toss with pasta or spread on bread like focaccia or pizza dough. It can be used as a pasta sauce but needs to be mixed well. Other pasta sauces can be cream-based like alfredo or tomato-based like marinara. They
0 Response to "Mozzarella Chicken Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar