Margherita Pesto Pizza is loaded with 4 cheeses, tomatoes and a homemade pesto sauce on a naturally gluten-free cauliflower crust ready in just 15 minutes!
It's the New Year and I know a lot of you are wanting to eat healthier (me included!) but still love regular comfort foods like pizza. We love pizza around here and enjoy it at least once a week. If you check out my blog, I have tons of pizza recipes because all 5 of us are huge fans of all things pizza! I have amazing news. You can enjoy your pizza AND eat healthier. ThisMargherita Pesto Pizza is made with a cauliflower crust pizza that you're going to love.

When we tried Milton's Cauliflower Crust Pizza for the first time last year, we were shocked at just how delicious it was. The crust gets perfectly crispy and you would never know that you're eating a cauliflower crust! The kids all loved it which is a huge win.
Red Pesto Pizza
This recipe features the deliciousMilton's Craft Bakers Margherita Four Cheese Pizza with roma tomatoes and basil.The 4 cheeses add a lot of flavor and are high-quality Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano and Parmesan cheese. It is delicious as is but is even better with this homemade fresh pesto sauce!
Milton's is a frozen pizza that goes from your freeze to table in only 15 minutes. It doesn't taste like your average frozen pizza and is deliciously crispy. Milton's Pizzas are gluten-free so they can be enjoyed by everyone. My kid's top choice is the pepperoni one. The crust is perfectly crispy and definitely not soggy like some cauliflower crusts can be.I recommend having a Milton’s Pizza in your freezer for those nights when you’re in a pinch and want dinner quickly.
Homemade pesto is so delicious and actually really easy to make. With just 6-ingredients, it comes together in no time. Just blend together basil leaves, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts (or many other nuts will work like pistachios, walnuts, almonds), garlic and salt. It stores well in the fridge or freezer if you want to make a large batch!
Red Sauce & Pesto Pizza With Fresh Mozzarella
This pizza makes an awesome entree or even an appetizer. I would serve it for the upcoming Big Game as an appetizer! Or even as a snack when you're extra hungry. Trust me, you're going to want to try this pizza- it's delicious.Taking the traditional Margherita pizza and making it so much better. A layer of homemade pesto sauce, fresh cut cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil give this pizza a new twist on an old favorite.
You’ll usually find red pizza sauce (or just crushed tomatoes) for the sauce layer. I wanted to make the basil flavor shine through, so I opted for pesto instead. Most times I’d rather pick anything other than red sauce on pizza.

I’m also finally sharing a homemade pesto recipe with you! I know I’ve made dishes with pesto a few times and this time I’m showing you just how easy it is to make your own. People that say homemade pesto looks too hard or complicated are crazy. It’s easy, probably easier than making marinara sauce. And there’s no cooking involved. Win, win. You just put all 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth and you’re done!
Margherita Pizza With Sausage And Pesto
The other great thing about pesto is you can mix up the ingredients. Pine nuts are the traditional nut, but I used walnuts in the recipe and I’ve also made pesto using cashews too. It adds a slightly different flavor but it’s never bad. I like to add some spinach in with the basil to balance everything out.
I’m using the dough recipe from this pizza. There’s no yeast, so there’s no waiting for the dough to rise. That means everything comes together in under 15 minutes! Since there’s no yeast, the dough won’t be quite as fluffy but I personally don’t mind. You can use a yeast pizza dough, just plan accordingly so you’re not waiting forever for the dough to rise!

Are you going to make Pesto Margherita Pizza? Be sure to leave a comment with any questions or suggestions, I love hearing your thoughts!I make pizza at least once a week for my kids. The dough is so simple to make, and so quick to rise, it’s no big deal. When my kids get home from school, we often make the dough together. Then, I stick my pizza stone into the oven and we head out to ride bikes and play with the neighbors. When we get home, we quickly top it and bake it off. When I want to make a nice summer dinner for the grownups, I use the same crust and turn it into this thin crust margherita pesto pizza. It’s summer in a pie!!
Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
I recommend leaving it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature first. Then, put it in an airtight container coated in olive oil. When you’re going to use the dough, take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re planning to bake pizza, to let it come to room temperature.
If you’re not going to use the dough for a while, or just want to have some backup pizza dough ready at all times, you should be storing pizza dough in the freezer. It’s not much more work to double or triple your recipe, and it’s super convenient to have a few extra backup pizza doughs. Pizza dough will last three months in the freezer. When you’re going to use your dough, remove it from the freezer, and leave it for at least 3-4 hours at room temperature to thaw. Alternatively, you can thaw the dough in the fridge to thaw overnight. Then, take it out, and let it come to room temperature before you’re going to bake pizza.

This thin crust margherita pesto pizza is the perfect summer dinner with its combination of pesto, basil and fresh mozzarella. Feel free to use the dough recipe and top with whatever toppings you'd like!
Margherita Pizza With Pesto Ricotta
Please note this post may contain affiliate links. It’s just one of the ways I earn income from this blog. Thanks for supporting me!
The other great thing about pesto is you can mix up the ingredients. Pine nuts are the traditional nut, but I used walnuts in the recipe and I’ve also made pesto using cashews too. It adds a slightly different flavor but it’s never bad. I like to add some spinach in with the basil to balance everything out.
I’m using the dough recipe from this pizza. There’s no yeast, so there’s no waiting for the dough to rise. That means everything comes together in under 15 minutes! Since there’s no yeast, the dough won’t be quite as fluffy but I personally don’t mind. You can use a yeast pizza dough, just plan accordingly so you’re not waiting forever for the dough to rise!

Are you going to make Pesto Margherita Pizza? Be sure to leave a comment with any questions or suggestions, I love hearing your thoughts!I make pizza at least once a week for my kids. The dough is so simple to make, and so quick to rise, it’s no big deal. When my kids get home from school, we often make the dough together. Then, I stick my pizza stone into the oven and we head out to ride bikes and play with the neighbors. When we get home, we quickly top it and bake it off. When I want to make a nice summer dinner for the grownups, I use the same crust and turn it into this thin crust margherita pesto pizza. It’s summer in a pie!!
Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
I recommend leaving it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature first. Then, put it in an airtight container coated in olive oil. When you’re going to use the dough, take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re planning to bake pizza, to let it come to room temperature.
If you’re not going to use the dough for a while, or just want to have some backup pizza dough ready at all times, you should be storing pizza dough in the freezer. It’s not much more work to double or triple your recipe, and it’s super convenient to have a few extra backup pizza doughs. Pizza dough will last three months in the freezer. When you’re going to use your dough, remove it from the freezer, and leave it for at least 3-4 hours at room temperature to thaw. Alternatively, you can thaw the dough in the fridge to thaw overnight. Then, take it out, and let it come to room temperature before you’re going to bake pizza.

This thin crust margherita pesto pizza is the perfect summer dinner with its combination of pesto, basil and fresh mozzarella. Feel free to use the dough recipe and top with whatever toppings you'd like!
Margherita Pizza With Pesto Ricotta
Please note this post may contain affiliate links. It’s just one of the ways I earn income from this blog. Thanks for supporting me!
0 Response to "Margherita Pizza Recipe Pesto"
Posting Komentar