A low carb eggplant pizza recipe that uses sliced eggplant instead of a carb-heavy breaded crust. Tons of flavor and super simple to assemble, this recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Does anyone else feel like eggplant is a forgotten veggie? I mean, besides the eggplant emoji, when is the last time you thought about eggplant? Or purchased eggplant? Or maybe you’ve n
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/8142018-252282b562974807acccd673c92ca607.jpg?strip=all)
I remember the first time I tried eggplant… it was post-college and layered with cheese and basil and pan-fried to perfection. I loved it, but if I’m being honest, eggplant isn’t a veggie I buy on the regular.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza
But lately, Isaac and I have been low-key obsessed with this eggplant pizza, so I see a lot more eggplant in my near future.
Eggplant is a great “vehicle” for flavor. What do I mean by this? It’s pretty mild on its own so it pairs really well with complex flavors, making it a great base for a recipe! I had the idea of creating a pizza using eggplant as the crust one weekend when pizza was on my brain. I love that this pizza is easily made low carb by using eggplant
It’s definitely more of a fork and knife pizza, but trust me when I say that it’s really delicious and just like regular pizza. And you can top it with anything you desire! I made this veggie version to share, but I’ve also made a meat version with chicken sausage from our local farmers market and it was phenomenal. If you want a little more protein, follow the instructions for how to add ground meat (or veggie crumbles) to the recipe.
Grilled Eggplant Pizza With Low Carb Cauliflower Crust
Eggplants are very nutrient dense – meaning they pack a lot of vitamins and minerals in without a ton of calories. They’re low in carbs, but high in fiber, folate, potassium and manganese along with other vitamins and minerals. One important thing to note: eggplant, just like tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and tomatillos, are in the nightshade family. Nightshades are typically safe to consume but they do containalkaloids so if you’re someone who struggles with autoimmune conditions, IBS or other food sensitives consuming nightshades might contribute to your condition. Learn more about nightshades here.
Because of eggplant’s texture, flavor and ability to replace higher-calorie foods, eggplants are great to incorporate when trying to lose weight – and this recipe is the perfect example! Instead of making or ordering pizza with a doughy crust loaded with calories, you can easily make this eggplant pizza that is packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals! All the pizza flavor is still there — you’re just replacing the crust with something a bit healthier.
There is a myth that raw eggplant ispoisonous. This isn’t true, however, the leaves and flowers of the plant can be toxic. And like I mentioned above, plants in the nightshade family, all contain alkaloids. One alkaloid present in eggplant is called solanine and it can be poisonous when consumed in extremely large quantities.
Keto Eggplant Pizza Bites
So yes, eggplant is okay to consume raw, but at the end of the day it tastes much better cooked – plusthere are so many ways to cook it! You can eat the skin and the small seeds, just make sure you cut off the green stem on the top. You can cut it into strips (lengthwise) or into rounds (widthwise). Bake it, roast it, grill it, pan-fry it… so many options. As for peeling eggplant, you certainly don’t have to peel them – it’s really your choice. The skin is completely edible, but sometimes with larger eggplants, the skin can be a little tough and you may want to consider peeling.
For this low carb eggplant pizza recipe I didn’t find the skin to be too tough, but if you’re using a large eggplant and don’t want to deal with biting through the tough skin, go ahead and peel your eggplant before using it in this recipe.
A low carb eggplant pizza recipe that uses sliced eggplant as the crust instead of a carb-heavy breaded crust. Tons of flavor and super simple to assemble, this recipe is vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Baking Sheet Pan Recipe Low Carb Eggplant Snack Or Appetizer
Serving: 1 /2 of recipe | Calories: 331 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Protein: 17 g | Fat: 19 g | Sodium: 791 mg | Fiber: 9 g | Sugar: 15 g
Hey there, I’m Brittany, the creator of Eating Bird Food, cookbook author, health coach and mama of two littles. Here you’ll find quick and easy recipes that make healthy fun and enjoyable for you and your family!Simple to make, this easy eggplant pizza recipe is a healthier way to enjoy one of your favorite foods. All the flavor but lower in carbs and calories, this vegetarian dish is loaded with the good stuff!

We like to serve these up as a tasty dinner with favorite sides and they are perfect for a lunch. You can easily serve these up as an appetizer too with some fresh salad.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Recipe
Once made, these mini eggplant pizzas will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat them in the oven on a baking sheet at 400F for 3 to 5 minutes to warm through.
We prefer not to peel the eggplant, the skin helps to hold the pizza bites together and stops them from falling apart when you pick them up. Plus the skin contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients!
Get all that pizza flavor in a healthier way with these eggplant pizza bites. Easy to make and fun to serve, it’s a great way of getting som extra veggies on to your family’s plates! If you enjoyed this vegetable pizza idea, you might also enjoy my Portobello Mushroom Pizzas!
Eggplant Pepperoni Pizza (keto Diet Friendly)
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Eggplant Pizza recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget torate the recipeand leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it onInstagramso we can repost on Stories!
Easy to make and fun to eat, these mini eggplant pizzas are a great healthy alternative. Cheesy and delicious, everyone will love them!

Calories: 603 kcal , Carbohydrates: 21 g , Protein: 30 g , Fat: 46 g , Saturated Fat: 15 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g , Monounsaturated Fat: 26 g , Cholesterol: 62 mg , Sodium: 1173 mg , Potassium: 930 mg , Fiber: 8 g , Sugar: 12 g , Vitamin A: 900 IU , Vitamin C: 9 mg , Calcium: 884 mg , Iron: 2 mgRECIPE SAVED! The recipe was sent to your email. I also sent you your free login info. You can use that to access your saved recipes at My Favorites.
You Want This Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Recipe » The Seasonal Junkie
One of my favorite ways to incorporate veggies into recipes is to use them as a vehicle for various toppings. Eggplant is a great option for this, because it makes a pretty neutral base that can mold into whatever flavor profile you add to it.
These cute mini eggplant pizzas are such a delicious way to enjoy eggplant. Not only are they low carb and gluten-free, they’re also a mouthwatering dish that packs your life with veggies. (And, in my case, one that packs
As far as I know, Julia Child was the first one to make mini eggplant pizzas. And I have to say, what a genius idea! It’s almost a little surprising, since her cooking was overall far from low carb. I’m certainly glad she came up with these.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Recipe By Meghan.mcguire.73
I wonder how Julia would have served them? Would they be the main dish for dinner? Or did she mainly offer them as appetizers? I like them both ways.
No matter what meal you’re making them for, you’ll be happy to know you can prep your roasted eggplant pizza ahead of time. (What can I say? I’m a planner.)

You can never have enough quick and easy low carb recipes that you can make in advance. And, mini eggplant pizzas totally fit the bill.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizzas
Simply complete all the steps ahead of time. When you’re ready to serve them, you can place them in the oven to heat the pizza and melt the cheese.
I’m always looking for an excuse to use new things as low carb pizza crust options. It was only a matter of time before I experimented with eggplant pizza crust. I thought about shredding it and making a crust that way, but using slices is the simpler option.
Naturally, I chose the easy way. When it comes to food, only one thing rivals my love for pizza. It’s my obsession with making every recipe easier and
Air Fried Low Carb Eggplant Pizza
So, how to make eggplant pizza in as little time as possible? Bump up the oven temperature! This is where my version diverges from the Julia Child eggplant pizza recipe, but I promise it’s still just as delicious.
Start by brushing your eggplant slices with olive oil, and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Then, you can roast the eggplant at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a higher temp than other eggplant pizza recipes, making the roasting step take just

0 Response to "Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar