Since the beloved Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is being removed from the menu on November 5th, I figured it was about time I made a healthier copycat version. If you’re unfamiliar with the Mexican Pizza, it’s essentially a blend of taco meat and refried beans between two slightly crispy shells and topped with sauce, cheese, and diced tomatoes. It’s as tasty as it sounds.
While Taco Bell has some healthier options these days, the Mexican Pizza nutrition facts don’t make the cut. The original Mexican pizza has 530 calories, 19g of protein, 49g of carbs, and 29g of fat. For my version of the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, we’re looking at 275 calories, 18g of protein, 31g of carbs, and 8g of fat. That means you could have two for roughly the same calorie count and double up on your protein intake!

This is a pretty straightforward recipe, but I’ll run you through everything below and cover a few ingredient modification notes and tips as we go. You’ll find a full recipe card at the bottom of the post as well. If you skip down and have a recipe question, hop back up to this section.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe In The Air Fryer ⋆ By Pink
Easy enough, right?If you wanted to spruce up your Mexican Pizza filling or avoid pre-packaged taco seasoning, check out the ground beef from my cheesy beef baked tacos, air fryer stuffed peppers, or sweet and spicy ground chicken tinga.
I used baked tostadas from Mission. They have a handy where to buy feature on their website so you can easily track some down in your area.
If you have trouble finding any baked tostadas, you could make your own. I’d go with the extra thin corn tortillas I used for my Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch copycat or baked chicken tacos. Bake them at 400ºF or so for 12-15 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Mexican Pizza Recipe
For the taco sauce, I used Trader Joe’s spicy taco sauce. You could use enchilada sauce or another taco sauce. I’d be careful using a full tablespoon of straight hot sauce, though.
Since you’ll be saving a ton of fat compared to the original Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, you could double up on the cheese for extra cheesy pizzas without adding too many calories.
The original Mexican pizza has diced tomatoes on top, but I think pico adds a bit more flavor. You could also add a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt or a blend of yogurt and salsa for a dip like the one in my black bean and corn quesadillas recipe.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza (vegetarian, Baked)
Now, I think that covers everything. If you have a recipe question I missed, drop a comment at the bottom of the post. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this copycat Mexican Pizza recipe! Oh, and I’d be remiss if I didn’t suggest serving it with some of my Mexican potatoes. Onward.

*I used Mission baked tostadas. There are other brands available. You could make your own by baking extra thin corn tortillas for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF.
I am a very lazy cook but being hooked on Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza plus a diabetic I did some research to have my cake and eat it too. Before TB canceled their pizza I would request one made on a corn tostada shell. They were happy to make it for me cuz yes, I was in there a lot. Your recipe is very similar and maybe when I’m feeling energetic I’ll try making it. Your ideas are great!
Vegan Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Made these for dinner and they were AWESOME!! Mason did it again!! His recipes never fail!! I have another two dishes of his on the menu this week!!Miss Taco Bell Mexican pizza? This copycat tastes just like the fast-food fave, with layers of crunchy tortilla, beans, seasoned beef, tangy sauce, and plenty of cheese. A dead ringer for the Taco Bell retiree, this recipe is also naturally healthier and easy to make vegetarian, too.
Taco Bell has always been a late-night staple, although not so much now that I have kids. Their Mexican pizza was always a favorite, with layers of crunchy, crispy tortillas covered in rich refried beans, tangy sauce, and tons of melted cheese. When I heard they were retiring it from their menu (no!), I decided it was way past time to make my own version. This Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe tastes so much like the original I was nostalgic for, plus it’s healthier! Now if I get the late-night cravings (just not so late), I can whip up a batch of these. I might even let the kids have some!

Enchilada sauce – Tomato-y, tangy, and full of seasonings like chili powder and oregano, even a store-bought jar of this gives your Mexican pizza that authentic Taco Bell taste.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe + Wonkywonderful
Salsa — This addition to the enchilada sauce makes it more than a sauce but less than a salsa. The perfect combo for topping your Mexican pizza!
Hey – you’ve made it this far, so now we’re basically best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook, too!
Recipe yields 4 pizzas. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines, and reflect information for one pizza. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific types and brands of ingredients used.

Recipe: Healthy Mexican Pizza (taco Bell Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 Mexican pizza , Calories: 401 kcal , Protein: 23 g , Fat: 10 g , Saturated Fat: 3 g , Cholesterol: 37 mg , Sodium: 2131 mg , Potassium: 408 mg , Total Carbs: 53 g , Fiber: 9 g , Sugar: 12 g , Net Carbs: 44 g , Vitamin A: 1265 IU , Vitamin C: 8 mg , Calcium: 117 mg , Iron: 5 mg
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Healthy Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
In addition to being a certified health coach, certified yoga instructor, and mom of 3, Cheryl is also the recipe developer, editor-in-chief, food photographer, and passionate foodie behind 40 Aprons. Having spent the last 10+ years as a food blogger, she's become known for her flavorful recipes, detailed instructions, gorgeous photography, and down-to-earth approach to food and cooking in general.

0 Response to "Healthy Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar