I will preface this blog post by saying, that if I ever own a restaurant, this dish will be on the menu.
I was originally inspired to make pizza with Prosciutto and Artichokes when I saw a post on Instagram for a Pizza, topped with cooked Prosciutto, and an Artichoke Aioli. From that, I came up with a White Pizza (meaning, no tomato sauce), Prosciutto (not cooked, because cooked prosciutto grosses me out to no end), and Fried Artichoke Hearts on top. I also knew the pizza needed an element of sweet, and I have this Truffle Honey I've been dying to use, and knew this was the perfect application. Well....spoiler alert: this pizza was INCREDIBLE.

Before we get into the specifics, if you're going to recreate this recipe, I insist you copy it to a tee. Everything from my choice of cheeses, to herbs was done specifically to create the kind of taste it did. You need the melty Mozzarella combined with the Umami of the Pecorino. The garlic powder adds a ton of flavor and the course ground black pepper gives the spice. The addition of the artichokes fried not only adds a great kind of brine-y flavor, but the crunch is so satisfying to bite down on. Of course, anything with prosciutto on top is always going to be delicious, and to counter balance it's saltiness, the honey was the perfect element.
Cheesy Artichoke Pizza With Prosciutto Cotto
I previously stated how cooked Prosciutto grosses me out and that's because, the color it takes on when cooked in an application like this is truly unappetizing. I think prosciutto, as is, is perfection, and should not be tampered with. (this is me getting off my prosciutto soap box now)...
You can feel free to use store bought pizza dough, or your own recipe! I also highly suggest getting yourself a pizza stone if you don't already own one -it's what will give your dough the most pizzeria-like texture and cook without the industrial pizza oven.
Truffle fan for that matter, but oh. em. gee. This is really what tied the whole dish together. You get sweet, salty, brine-y, decadence in each bite and I plan on making this a staple in my cooking repertoire.The most incredible Artichoke Pizza made with a super cheesy and delicious white base and topped with marinated artichokes and prosciutto cotto (Italian ham). Take your next pizza night to the next level!
Artichoke, Spinach, And Prosciutto Flatbreads With Spicy Honey
A light and crispy pizza crust with a tangy and cheesy white base then topped with amazing marinated artichokes and salty prosciutto cotto,
When it comes to pizza it's so hard to choose a favourite but this artichoke pizza is definitely up there along side Pizza Napoli, Quattro Formaggi and spicy salami!
You can use either our traditional pizza dough to make this or our Instant pizza dough (yeast free) the later is a super easy recipe for when you're short on time and our traditional dough is soft, light and crispy
Pizza Capricciosa Recipe ❤ With Top 3* Step By Step Instructions, Nutritional Information And Calories. Easy To Prepare Original Italian Artichoke Pizza. Prepare Neapolitan Original Pizza Yourself With Exact Ingredient Quantities And Baking Time
The rest of the ingredients are super easy, here's what you need; marinated jarred artichokes (super convenient and full of flavour), creme fraiche or sour cream, Fontina cheese and prosciutto cotto (Italian cooked ham).
Add the flour in a large mixing bowl and place the yeast and salt at opposite sides and mix together (photo 1).
Place the dough in a large clean mixing bowl lightly greased with oil. Let it rise in a warm place for at least 3 hours or until tripled in size.
Artichoke, Pesto And Burrata Pizza With Lemony Arugula
I find that jarred marinated artichoke hearts are best because they are easy to store and have so much flavour. You can use fresh artichokes but you'll need to prep them first which can be a little time consuming and frozen artichokes will need to be thawed completely before using.
Of course, simply skip the creme fraiche and replace it with tomato sauce. You can then add Fontina and mozzarella on top before the artichokes and ham.
Absolutely, you can prepare the pizza dough anywhere from hours to day in advance. If you're not using the dough on the same day place it in the fridge. Top with pizza only when you're ready to bake.
Egg & Prosciutto Pizza
Leftover pizza will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen in suitable containers. Note that you may lose the creamy, cheesy texture of the pizza after freezing. You can reheat leftover artichoke pizza in the oven until hot.
If you’ve tried this Artichoke Pizza or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can alsoFOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Step By Step Photos Above Most of our recipes come with step by step photos, helpful tips and tricks to make it perfectly first time and even video!
Best Spanish Style Flatbread With Roasted Peppers, Artichokes And Prosciutto Recipe
Calories: 695 kcal | Carbohydrates: 66 g | Protein: 29 g | Fat: 36 g | Saturated Fat: 17 g | Cholesterol: 90 mg | Sodium: 1484 mg | Potassium: 170 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 1109 IU | Vitamin C: 8 mg | Calcium: 515 mg | Iron: 4 mg
Helpful Info for All Recipes I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use Cirio or Mutti brands for the best results and flavour. All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven Find out more about how nutrition is calculated. Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples. You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking.
Did you try this recipe? Mention @ or tag #! We'd love you see what you're getting up to in the kitchen!
0 Response to "Artichoke Prosciutto Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar