Mix up your pizza night with this delicious white pizza recipe. Made from scratch with a quick no yeast pizza dough, it's ready to enjoy less than an hour. Smothered in a white garlic pizza sauce and topped with a sweet and salty combination of pear, pancetta and blue cheese.
Pizza is comfort food at it's finest, cheesy goodness stacked on carbs! Perfect for a weekend feast! One of the reasons I love pizza so much, is because of all the variations out there. You can really go to town, get the creative juices flowing and experiment with all kinds of toppings.

Pear and stilton are some of my favourite flavours together, I love the sweet graininess of pears that cut through the strong flavours of a ripe stilton. I've been playing around with these flavours for a while, but wanted to have something a bit less pungent for my pizza topping.
White Pizza With Pear, Gorgonzola And Prosciutto
Cambozola is the perfect cheese for this recipe, it has a much more subtle blue cheese flavour and it's creaminess feels truly decadent. The pancetta on the pizza gives an additional crunch texture and a good hit of salt to balance out the sweetness of the pears.
For this combinationof toppings, I felt that a tomato sauce base would just be a bit too overpowering, a flavour too far, so I went with a white pizza sauce for the base. The garlic herby, cheesy sauce is much more subtle than your usual tomato sauce, although, still tangy, and if I'm honest I will always go for a white pizza if I have the chance!
If you are a pizza lover too, be sure to check out my Blue Cheese Pizza with Pumpkin and Chicken Tandoori Naan Bread Pizza.
Pear Pizza With Fried Sage Recipe
I went with a non yeast pizza dough for this white pizza recipe, just to cut down on a bit of time. You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe or if you want this on the table quickly you can use a store bought pizza base.
Pizza is always best out of the oven, but if you have leftovers they can be kept for 2 to 3 days and reheated. You can top the dough an hour or two ahead of time if you like so you just need to pop it in the oven to serve.
Yes, this sauce will freeze really well, so you can easily make a double batch and it will take minutes to make a fresh pizza. Let it cool before freezing and thaw it in the fridge overnight before using.
Pizza With Caramelized Onions, Figs, Bacon And Blue Cheese Recipe
The white sauce isn't as sharp and tangy like a tomato one, but it is not lacking in flavor. I love this combination of toppings to help balance out the creaminess, but feel free to experiment with toppings like:

I love hearing from you!! If you have tried this white pizza recipe, be sure to scroll down, give it a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Be sure to keep in touch and sign up to Slow The Cook Down to grab your free e-book‘Stress Free Recipes Made For Sharing’
Italian Salami, Apple And Blue Cheese Pizza
Mix up your pizza night with this delicious white pizza recipe. Made from scratch with a quick no yeast pizza dough, it's ready to enjoy less than an hour. Smothered in a white garlic pizza sauce and topped with a sweet and salty combination of pear, pancetta and blue cheese.
Calories: 848 kcal | Carbohydrates: 144 g | Protein: 41 g | Fat: 62 g | Saturated Fat: 30 g | Cholesterol: 109 mg | Sodium: 1044 mg | Potassium: 1482 mg | Fiber: 12 g | Sugar: 25 g | Vitamin A: 1115 IU | Vitamin C: 10.1 mg | Calcium: 805 mg | Iron: 10.4 mgI just love figs. I love them on toast and I love them in jam (or cake) form, I love them raw and cooked and sweet and savory and I go a little nuts when they pop up in grocery stores here because what come as a shock to those who loathe the messy fig trees in their back yards– they are NOT common here. I don’t think I even ate a fresh one until like 10 years ago, but ever since I’ve been hot on their trail and look forward to their reappearance every September. I figured I was overdue to put them on one of my other loves: White Pizza.

This pizza took almost zero thought. Immediately I needed to have the figs with gorgonzola and then I remembered that I had some hot honey in my pantry that would give my usual pairing of honey and figs a little KICK. A little of this, a little of that and pretty soon I was chowing down on one of the better creations to come out of my kitchen (at lunchtime no less). Because I love eye rolls, this pizza just wasn’t quite complete without dumping a salad on top of it.
Gorgonzola Pizza With Pear And Prosciutto
September is always a weird month. Everyone gets all pumped for fall but temps still can soar into the high 80s with crushing humidity. It’s likely not until the end of the month that we get a reprieve from the heat, and yet we insist on pumpkin spice lattes and boots. People are weird. Seasons are weird. This pizza is not weird.
This pizza is a quick favorite. Sweet figs with tangy cheese, a little bit of thyme and a good hit of black pepper are balanced out with the spicy honey. Peppery lightly dressed arugula, love it or hate it on pizza, gives it a fresh kick that is welcomed. Pizza is an every-season food and I’m happy to peek over the edge into fall with this one.
(I use many different pizza crusts depending on the day, how much time I have, how my hair looks that day etc. but a few faves include Jim Lahey’s, Cooks Illustrated Pizza Bianca, Simply Recipes homemade pizza dough, and of course the “crap I forgot to do the dough” option from Trader Joe’s).

White Pizza + Pear + Gorgonzola? Win!
Prepare your pizza peel by sprinkling with semolina flour. Gently roll and stretch pizza dough to a 12-14″ round and place on pizza peel. Brush 1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the base of the pizza. Scatter figs across the dough and follow it up with the gorgonzola. Sprinkle black pepper, thyme leaves, a pinch of kosher salt and a drizzle of hot honey over the dough. Carefully transfer to hot baking stone (Sticky dough making you feel stabby? Buy this amazing pizza peel). Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melty and bubbly, crust is golden, and your kitchen smells AMAZING.
Remove from oven and set aside. In a small bowl, drizzle a few tsp extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of kosher salt and a few cranks of pepper over the arugula. Use your hands and toss in the bowl until ready to top. Plop that delicious salad on top, cut into wedges and serve. Happy September!
0 Response to "White Pizza Recipe Gorgonzola"
Posting Komentar