This Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe is a healthy veggie-packed option that is naturally gluten-free and grain-free. It’s perfect for people who still want to eat their pizza, while following a low-carb or food combining diet.
Making cauliflower pizza is straight-forward, but a little labor intensive. If you start with fresh cauliflower, you’ll need to steam it until tender. (You can skip this step by using frozen cauliflower– read further down in this post for more info.) Then, you’ll pulse it in a food processor until it’s rice-like in texture.

Once your cauliflower is tender and “riced” you’ll need to squeeze out the moisture that cauliflower naturally contains. This is the secret to getting a dry crust that you can pick up with your hands. (I the same nut milk bag that I use to make almond milk to do this.)
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe (step By Step)
Once the cauliflower “rice” is very dry, you mix it with an egg, soft goat cheese (which gives the crust a better texture than using shredded cheese), and some Italian seasonings.
If you don’t have goat cheese on hand, many readers have reported success in the comments below using other cheeses. You can try mozzarella, cheddar, or even cream cheese with similar results. The texture is the driest with the soft goat cheese, though.
The crust won’t be like anything else you’ve worked with before– you spread it with a spatula, and use your hands to press and shape the dough.
Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
Bake until the crust is dry and golden, then flip it and bake longer until the other side isn’t soggy. I use the parchment paper to make the flipping process easier.
(You don’t need a second piece of parchment paper after you flip it– the baked crust won’t stick to the pan after it’s been flipped.)
I’ve been making this cauliflower pizza crust for years, and there are a number of ways you can make it, but the
Cauliflower Crust Rainbow Pizza
I buy 1-pound bags of frozen cauliflower, so that I don’t have to do any chopping, and then I thaw them in the fridge the night before I want to make my pizza.
Using frozen cauliflower allows you to skip the pre-cooking of the cauliflower, and ultimately saves you time, but I’ve also included directions for starting with fresh cauliflower in the recipe below if you’d prefer to do that.
Update: Many stores are also now carrying frozen pre-riced cauliflower, which will save you even more time, since you won’t have to break out the food processor, either. I’ve made this crust using two 12-ounce or two 16-ounce bags of frozen cauliflower, so know that this recipe is relatively flexible with the cauliflower amount.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust {low Carb!}
One last thing to keep in mind when making a cauliflower pizza crust is that you should try to keep the toppings minimal. Go light on the sauce, so that it doesn’t re-hydrate the crust and make it soggy, and the same goes for the cheese. (Remember, there’s already some cheese baked into the crust, too!)
If you don’t tolerate dairy well, I’ve made this crust by omitting the cheese and using an extra egg instead. The crust texture is a little “egg-ier” that way, but it still holds up.
Because making a cauliflower pizza crust can be a bit labor-intensive, I like to double the recipe and make two large crusts (or 4 smaller crusts for individual pizzas) and freeze the extras for an easy future meal.
Veggie Pizza With Cauliflower Crust Recipe
I’ve found that this works best by baking the crusts, and then freezing them in an airtight container. That way, when you’re ready to make a pizza, you can simply place the frozen crust on a pizza sheet and bake it at 400ºF just until it’s heated through, about 10 minutes.

Nutrition information is for 1/4 of the pizza crust, not including toppings. This is automatically calculated, and is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
This crust will be the most sturdy when you use only 1 pound of cauliflower florets, but you can use up to 1 1/2 pounds of cauliflower for a larger crust that has a higher veggie content! I usually use two 12-ounce bags of thawed from frozen cauliflower rice to make this a fast & easy as possible, so you can easily use up to 1 1/2 pounds of cauliflower in this recipe. But, if you're buying 1-pound bags of frozen cauliflower, you can use just 1 bag per pizza crust.
Greek Cauliflower Crust Pizza
If you try this Cauliflower Pizza recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know how you like it. And if you make any modifications, I’d love to hear about those, too. We can all learn from your experience!
Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter for a free 7-day kick start guide. Plus, you'll get weekly meal ideas & new recipes every week!Cauliflower pizza crust is a delicious gluten-free, low-carb and keto pizza recipe. It’s a simple blend of cauliflower, eggs, cheese, and a few spices that’s flattened and baked into a golden crust. Freeze it for later or top it off with fresh ingredients for a healthy dinner recipe.
I’m happy that cauliflower is having a star moment right now. From cauliflower steaks to roasted cauliflower soup, this vegetable can transform into just about anything! But when cauliflower pizza crusts became a thing, I knew I had to whip up a version of my own.
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust • A Sweet Pea Chef
While you can buy pre-made cauliflower pizza crusts, corn starch or potato starch tends to be the main ingredient in these products. So by making it yourself, you’ll know your crust is made from fresh ingredients without unnecessary additives.
There’s several options when it comes to making cauliflower rice. You can make it from fresh cauliflower, frozen florets, or buy it pre-riced. But if you’re wondering which type of cauliflower is best to use, here’s the answer. After testing all three variations, the consistency turned out pretty much the same for each.
![]()
I know pre-riced cauliflower may not be available for many people. So choosing between fresh cauliflower and frozen florets, the frozen florets required the least amount of work (no cutting mess or cooking needed). Thus, it quickly became my favorite method.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe Keto, Almond Flour
Now that you’ve got your cauliflower all prepped, here’s the full recipe on how to make the crust. Watch the tutorial video below to see how I make it step-by-step!
Pro Tip: If you’d like to get your cauliflower crust as crispy as possible, bake it on a pizza stone rather than a baking sheet.
Now comes the fun part – pizza toppings! One thing I will note here is that chunkier is better. You don’t want your ingredients to be too oily or runny, otherwise it will make your crust even soggier.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe {low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free}
In terms of flavor, the combinations are endless. But, I’ve decided to whip up two of my favorite flavors: pesto chicken and Margherita pizza. You can find the full recipes below, but here’s a quick run down of what ingredients you’ll need.
If you want to meal prep for the week, frozen pizza crusts will be your best friend. Once you’ve baked the crust, let it cool and then place it into an airtight container or freezer safe bags.
Because a large 9-inch round pizza is harder to store, I recommend making two smaller crusts and stacking them on top of each other, with parchment paper in between. Even better, double this recipe and make 4 small crusts for the future. They’ll last for up to 3 months in the freezer.

Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza
When you’re ready to make your pizza, just remove it from the freezer, and re-heat it in the oven. Bake it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes to thaw, then add your toppings and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through.
For more unique and fun ways to cook with cauliflower, here’s a few delicious low carb recipes to try. You’re going to love these!
Cauliflower pizza crust is a delicious gluten-free, low-carb, keto pizza recipe made from healthy, simple ingredients. Watch how I make it in the video above!
Perfect Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
Calories: 177 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 62 mg | Sodium: 282 mg | Potassium: 602 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 242 IU | Vitamin C: 83 mg | Calcium: 226 mg | Iron: 1 mg
©. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Lisa is a bestselling cookbook author, recipe developer, and YouTuber (with over 2.5 million subscribers) living in sunny Southern California. She started in 2014, and is passionate about making healthy food with fresh, simple and seasonal ingredients.I am typically all about carbs, but this crazy easy gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust makes for a truly lovely pizza! Cauliflower is an excellent substitute if you’re looking for a low-carb option — it has a wonderful, meaty/filling feeling and a super delicious flavor! Any “New Year, New Me” plan that omits pizza is one that just isn’t going to work!
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust (recipe And Video)
Making homemade cauliflower pizza crust can be a laborious process

0 Response to "Pizza Recipe With Cauliflower Crust"
Posting Komentar