This quick and easy einkorn pizza dough makes the most delicious pizza crust! It’s a harmonious blend of crispy and chewy, finished with your favorite toppings. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes for the ingredients to come together, plus a little bit of time to rise.
My absolute favorite pizza crust is my sourdough pizza crust. It is the easiest recipe ever, and it makes creating dinner super fast. It’s that recipe I can always make when I only have 15 minutes to get food on the table.

Sometimes you just want that classic pizza crust – crisp edges, with soft and delightfully chewy bites. This einkorn pizza dough does just that.
Thin And Crispy Einkorn Pizza Crust
Einkorn is such an amazing flour to work with, and when I want a recipe that doesn’t require fermenting the grains, I reach for einkorn flour. It is easier to digest than regular flour and it hasn’t been hybridized, like most grains today.
Unfortunately, substituting einkorn flour isn’t as simple as a one-for-one swap with regular flour. Einkorn absorbs less liquids than regular wheat, so you have to accommodate for that.
And pizza is a staple in this house. We eat it at least once a week, if not more, sometimes forbreakfast. This einkorn pizza crust will be made over and over again.
Pizza Dough Recipe Video Made With Einkorn Flour
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosurehere.
Combine warm water and yeast in a stand mixer bowl (or a medium to large bowl) and let stand for 5 minutes, to proof the yeast. The water should be around 110-115 degrees. If it’s too hot, it could kill the yeast.
Knead on medium speed with the dough hook. You can also knead by hand if you don’t have a mixer. The dough should start pulling away from the sides of the bowl. If it doesn’t, you can add up to 1/2 cup more flour. Just add it slowly, because you don’t want the dough to be too dry.
Einkorn Pizza Dough
Place into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise until doubled. This should take about 2 hours, depending on how warm the room is.
Roll each ball of dough into a 12” circle on a large piece of parchment paper. I like to roll over the edges to make the outer crust just a little thicker, more of a pan-style pizza. If you like thin crust, then just roll it out thin and call it good.
Add sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. The kids like pepperoni or sausage. Luke and I love addingfermented jalapeños, feta cheese, and some date sauce. So good.
Sourdough Pizza Crust From Scratch
Combine warm water and yeast in a stand mixer bowl (or a medium to large bowl) and let stand for 5 minutes to proof the yeast.
Knead on medium speed with the dough hook. The dough should start pulling away from the sides of the bowl. If it doesn’t, you can add up to 1/2 cup more flour.
If the dough seems too wet, you can add up to 1/2 cup more flour. Add it slowly, as you don’t want the dough to be too dry.This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. Thank you for your support!
Stuffed Einkorn Pizza Bites: Cheesy Leek & Pesto
Before I tell you all about this lovely einkorn pizza dough, I have GOT to talk to you guys about my poison ivy…

All along the border of the woods where we live the poison ivy is prolific. It has been a thorn in my side ever since my kids were old enough to run around outside and play. This year, Reuben decided to attempt to kill it off so we could have a larger yard. He tore up the ground and I helped him level it off in preparation for planting grass. I bragged about how I had done a LOT of yard work growing up (it was my dad’s “thing” to have a nice lawn).
The next day, a couple of itchy bumps appeared on my wrist. Ah well, I thought. A few little patches won’t be much of a bother. But then, oh THEN: it spread. On my arms, legs, neck, and even in my EAR! Reuben had it pretty bad as well. He even got it on his face.
Desert Candy حلويات الصحراء: Baking With Einkorn Flour + Homemade Pizza
Einkorn can be a little tricky to work with. It absorbs liquids more slowly than regular wheat flour. It likes a nice, looooong resting time. And it doesn’t necessarily like to be kneaded a lot.
If you have the time, you can let the dough rise twice before using it. If you’re like me and rarely have the time, just letting the dough rise until doubled is sufficient.
1.) Roll your pizza dough out on parchment paper. It’s a lot less messy than trying to deal with cornmeal, trust me.
Sourdough Einkorn Sausage Pizza
2.) Rub your dough with olive oil or butter before adding the sauce. This give the crust a wonderful flavor and helps to keep it from getting soggy.
3.) Use a pizza stone to cook your pizza. Cooking your pizza on a stone in a very hot oven gives it a wonderful flavor. James actually broke mine, so I’ve been using my All-Clad baking sheet

I hope you give this einkorn pizza dough a try! Top it with homemade pizza sauce, freshly shredded mozzarella, natural pepperoni, red bell peppers, and black olives
Ancient Grains Pizza Actionable Wellness
**Note: A reader made this recipe and had trouble getting the yeast to activate properly. Some types of yeast need sugar to fully activate. If you have this problem, try adding 1/4 teaspoon of sugar or honey to the yeast/water mixture when activating.
Btw to keep poison ivy under control? Goats. They'll eat the stuff all day long (don't believe me? Fair enough - go ask a goat farmer, and ask if you rent goats for land/brush clearing - they do an amazing job)
I'm so sorry about your experience with Poison Ivy (PI)!! I can relate because I'm highly allergic to it too. I haven't tried your recipe yet, but spray bleach (don't dilute it) on the roots and leaves of PI; it starts killing the plant within hours! The best times to spray are when it's dry and not windy. You can wipe your PI rash with straight lemon juice helps stop the itch and dries them up. Lemon juice is a natural detoxifier and breaks up the oils in your skin. :) I put lemon juice on my PI rash and it cleared up in 3-4 days.
Quick And Easy Pizza Dough
I've tried a few einkorn flour recipes and I love them because it doesn't upset my digestion. (yay) Can't wait to try this one too!
So excited to try this recipe tomorrow! One question- what do you do with any dough you don’t need to use? Can I put it in the freezer to use for later?
I can't remember if I've frozen this einkorn pizza dough, but I have done it successfully with regular homemade pizza dough. I don't know why it wouldn't work with einkorn as well!

Best Sourdough Einkorn Pizza Crust
What is the difference in the taste and texture of einkorn flour vs wheat flour. I didn't see that explained anywhere and thought it was an important question to ask. I'd appreciate your answer.
Great question! I personally don't notice a huge difference in taste...maybe a little sweeter? As for texture, einkorn doesn't have the same type of gluten as regular wheat, so it isn't as stretchy and chewy. More crumbly, I guess? Which is perfect for biscuits and muffins where you don't want a chewy texture!
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize content, and serve targeted advertisements. Read our Privacy Policy for more information. Accept Privacy Policy
Classic Margherita Einkorn Pizza Recipe
This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
0 Response to "Einkorn Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar