Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe

No need to travel all the way to Chicago for this incredible Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza recipe, when you can make it at home!Try this easy, detailed deep dish pizza with step-by-step directions and a how to video for a thick and buttery, flaky crust and a rich, chunky tomato sauce, with plenty of gooey cheese.

If I was stuck on an island for the rest of my life and could only eat one dish, it would be pizza. I never get tired of pizza and love making it at home. According to Pizza Hut, pizza is often voted the number one most popular food in America and in fact, 94 percent of Americans eat it at least once a month! I love knowing that I’m doing my part as a pizza loving American 🙂

Deep

This deep dish pizza recipe makes enough dough and sauce for two 9-inch pizzas.I baked one pizza in a 9-inch cast iron skillet and the other in a 9-inch cake pan. Both came out beautifully but just a little different. The cast iron yielded a slightly crispier crust while the cake pan produced a softer, chewier crust. Both are fantastic and hold up extremely well under the thick layer of toppings.

Chicago Deep Dish Sausage Pizza

If you allow the pizza to rest for 20 to 30 minutes before serving, it can easily be removed to a cutting board for slicing.This extra time to rest and cool ensures the toppings and cheese won’t spill out onto your plate. Not saying that’s a bad thing, in fact it’s super appealing to me! But if you don’t want to eat this deep dish pizza recipe with a fork, let it cool a while before enjoying.

Pizza is easily customizable to all your favorite toppings.We served this Chicago Style Deep Dish pizza recipe with big chunks of sweet Italian sausage and a few chopped kalamata olives. Since this recipe makes two pizzas, you can top each with different family favorites. Check the Notes section of the recipe for more delicious topping ideas.And please don’t let the long list of detailed instructions scare you off. This pizza dough and sauce recipes are easy to make and worth every single minute in the kitchen.

Once a month our adult children, their spouses and our grandchildren come over for Sunday supper. This Chicago Style Deep Dish pizza recipe is on the menu for our next family gathering. I’m going to double the recipe and let the whole family help by adding their favorite toppings. Such a fun way to enjoy family time and America’s favorite food!

Individual Deep Dish Pizzas

Here's a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza recipe you can make at home. Try this easy, detailed recipe with step-by-step directions for a thick and buttery, flaky crust and a rich, chunky tomato sauce, with plenty of gooey cheese.

TIP: I would start making this recipe about 2 1/2 to 3 hours before you want it on the table.  The sauce and toppings are easily made ahead and refrigerated until needed, and that would cut some time.   

Optional add-ins: Feel free to omit the Italian sausage and olives in this recipe, if preferred, and prepare the best plain cheese pizza you've ever had!   

Baking School In Depth: Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

Serving: 1 slice , Calories: 525 kcal , Carbohydrates: 33 g , Protein: 20 g , Fat: 34 g , Saturated Fat: 14 g , Cholesterol: 75 mg , Sodium: 1129 mg , Potassium: 191 mg , Fiber: 1 g , Sugar: 1 g , Vitamin A: 490 IU , Vitamin C: 1 mg , Calcium: 346 mg , Iron: 2.4 mgHere’s how to make authentic-tasting Chicago deep dish pizza. Complete with the buttery crust, slightly sweet tomato sauce, and a thick layer of cheese.

Warning: this post has about 1, 000, 000 step-by-step photos and lots of little explanations to go along with them. Might want to grab some coffee.

I recently looked at my website’s stats and came to find out that Chicago is my most popular city in the US. I have more Chicago readers than any other place in this country. That’s crazy awesomebecause I love Chicago. As a little tribute to my #1 city, I’m finishing one blow-out year with a Chicago inspired recipe.

Chicago

Quorn Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe

I’ve only had the pleasure of having real, authentic Chicago-style pizza a few times. And those few times have been enough to convince me that Chicago-style pizza is incomparably good. Better than good.

So, whatmakes Chicago-style pizza so damn amazing? The answer is everything. Every little detail about this pizza is special. First, this pizza clearly doesn’t look like a pizza you are used to. It’s baked in a deep dish cake pan. The cheese goes directly on top of the crust and the sauceis piled on top. An upside-down pizza pie of sorts. Now, I may be completely wrong, but I’ve learned that the proper way to eat Chicago-style pizza is with a fork. Is this right, Chicago readers? I hope so because it’s the only way I can eat it without making an atrocious and very embarrassing mess.

The deep dish pizza crust.A crunchy-edged, flaky crust is key in Chicago-style pizza. It’s absolutely not a regular pizza crust. No, this crust is unique. And that’s why I steered completely away from my regular pizza crust recipe and dove headfirst into something completely nuts. Adding a little cornmeal. Cornmealis what makes the crust so crunchy and flavorful. Not to mention, tasting like you’re eating the real deal.

Chicago Pizza With Chicken Sausage

What else is special about this pizza crust? It’s so buttery. The butteriest pizza crust on the planet, or at least the butteriest pizza crust I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting. To get that ultra buttery flavor, as well as the iconic flaky texture of Chicago-style pizza crust, we’re going to laminate the pizza dough. Umm, what?? Yes. It sounds weird, I know. But laminating dough is exactly what gives croissants its flaky layers. Laminating, or layering, butter into dough is the answer an authentic tasting Chicago pizza crust.

This allsounds hard, doesn’t it? Good news, it’s not!Laminating is literally just spreading butter on your pizza dough and foldingit up. Then, rolling the pizza dough out again locking that butter inside. Easy.

Chicago

I’m not sure how and I’m not sure why… but despite being a little crunchy and veryflaky, this pizza crust will absolutely melt in your mouth. It’s crunchy, buttery, and tender all at the same time? A miracle crust.

Chicago Style Pizza (can Be Vegetarian)

Reference this Baking with Yeast Guide whenever you work with baker’s yeast. I include practical answers to all of your common yeast questions!

Let’s talk about the pizza sauce. Slightly sweet, incredibly thick, and wonderfully flavorful. The sauce is always my favorite part about Chicago-style pizza. In fact, I usually order extra sauce on the side.All about the condiments in my world.

This garlic infused pizza sauce is made on the stovetop and, while waiting for the pizza dough to rise, simmers quietly allowing the flavors to develop and the texture to thicken. I like to add some red pepper flakes for a little heat; it really gives this sauce something extra. If you don’t like heat, you can leave it out. This sauce is unlike ANY other tomato sauce I’ve ever had. To me, it tastes like the kinds I’ve had in Chicago. You’re going to love it. Unless of course you don’t like tomato sauce.

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Along with the miracle crust and this luscious pizza sauce, a whole lotta cheese goes into this deep dish pie. You may use sliced mozzarella or shredded. Whatever it is, slice or shred it yourself from a block of real mozzarella cheese. Pre-shredded mozzarella is just fine, but the taste of sliced or shredded fresh mozzarella is just unbeatable.

-

My husband loves a good pepperoni pizza with bacon, so I add both to the Chicago-style pizza. These go on top of the cheese and before the sauce.A little grated parmesan to finish things up and we’ve got ourselves one damn tasty copycat Chicago deep dish pizza. How many times can I type Chicago in one post?

This recipe makes 2 deep dish pizzas. They are small 9 inch pizzas. Two hungry people can easily finish one. Make them both if you have a family of 4-5 or are having friends over. If your family is smaller, freeze half of the dough per the make-ahead/freezing instructions in the recipe notes. Please use my step-by-step photos below this written out recipe as a guide to making the pizza. For best results and ease of mind (!!!), please read through the recipe completely before beginning.

Vegan Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza With Spicy Sauce

Here’s how to make authentic-tasting Chicago deep dish pizza. Complete with the buttery crust, slightly sweet tomato sauce, and a thick layer of cheese. This recipe makes two deep dish 9-inch pizzas. Make them both if you have a family of 4-5 or are having friends over. If your family is smaller, freeze half of the dough per the make-ahead/freezing instructions in the recipe notes.

Begin by combining the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and yeast in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. If you do not

0 Response to "Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar