Taking the traditional Margherita pizza and making it so much better. A layer of homemade pesto sauce, fresh cut cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil give this pizza a new twist on an old favorite.
You’ll usually find red pizza sauce (or just crushed tomatoes) for the sauce layer. I wanted to make the basil flavor shine through, so I opted for pesto instead. Most times I’d rather pick anything other than red sauce on pizza.

I’m also finally sharing a homemade pesto recipe with you! I know I’ve made dishes with pesto a few times and this time I’m showing you just how easy it is to make your own. People that say homemade pesto looks too hard or complicated are crazy. It’s easy, probably easier than making marinara sauce. And there’s no cooking involved. Win, win. You just put all 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth and you’re done!
Beet Pesto Pizza With Goat Cheese And Fresh Herbs
The other great thing about pesto is you can mix up the ingredients. Pine nuts are the traditional nut, but I used walnuts in the recipe and I’ve also made pesto using cashews too. It adds a slightly different flavor but it’s never bad. I like to add some spinach in with the basil to balance everything out.
I’m using the dough recipe from this pizza. There’s no yeast, so there’s no waiting for the dough to rise. That means everything comes together in under 15 minutes! Since there’s no yeast, the dough won’t be quite as fluffy but I personally don’t mind. You can use a yeast pizza dough, just plan accordingly so you’re not waiting forever for the dough to rise!
Are you going to make Pesto Margherita Pizza? Be sure to leave a comment with any questions or suggestions, I love hearing your thoughts!Pesto Pizza is the perfect delicious change from a regular Pizza Margherita, a creamy Pesto makes the perfect base, then topped with slices of fresh tomatoes and shredded mozzarella. Pizza night never tasted so good!
Pesto Margherita Nutritional Info — Vicolo Pizza
Lately I have been in the Pesto mood and needless to say this Arugula Pesto is probably one of my favourites. I love the sharpness of rucola and I love to put it on everything!
Once I made the pesto and used some of it on our pasta one day for lunch I knew I was going to make some incredible recipes with the remaining pesto. And make them I did, to start this Simple but tasty Pesto Pizza with Mozzarella and Fresh Tomatoes.

In my opinion dough is important, so either choose a good store or bakery bought Pizza dough or if you would love to try your hand at an easy homemade Pizza Dough, then this is definitely one of the Best Pizza Doughs I have ever made. And the only one I make.
Cast Iron Margherita Pizza With Pesto
Since it’s Friday and that means the weekend! I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share. So why not try a different kind of pizza? Make some Arugula Pesto or even a batch of Basil Pesto both are soquick and easy to put together, and use some of it to make this honest to goodness out of this world Pizza. Some people may call it a Gourmet Pizza we just called it delicious.
So if you are looking for a new way to bring life to Friday or Saturday Pizza Night, I definitely think this is it! So if you do make it I would love to hear your take on it. Buon Appetito!

Calories: 439 kcal Carbohydrates: 51 g Protein: 15 g Fat: 19 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 23 mg Sodium: 1060 mg Potassium: 167 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 8 g Vitamin A: 1080 IU Vitamin C: 8.4 mg Calcium: 178 mg Iron: 3 mgI make pizza at least once a week for my kids. The dough is so simple to make, and so quick to rise, it’s no big deal. When my kids get home from school, we often make the dough together. Then, I stick my pizza stone into the oven and we head out to ride bikes and play with the neighbors. When we get home, we quickly top it and bake it off. When I want to make a nice summer dinner for the grownups, I use the same crust and turn it into this thin crust margherita pesto pizza. It’s summer in a pie!!
Grilled Margherita Pizza W/ Tomato Walnut Pesto
I recommend leaving it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature first. Then, put it in an airtight container coated in olive oil. When you’re going to use the dough, take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re planning to bake pizza, to let it come to room temperature.
If you’re not going to use the dough for a while, or just want to have some backup pizza dough ready at all times, you should be storing pizza dough in the freezer. It’s not much more work to double or triple your recipe, and it’s super convenient to have a few extra backup pizza doughs. Pizza dough will last three months in the freezer. When you’re going to use your dough, remove it from the freezer, and leave it for at least 3-4 hours at room temperature to thaw. Alternatively, you can thaw the dough in the fridge to thaw overnight. Then, take it out, and let it come to room temperature before you’re going to bake pizza.

This thin crust margherita pesto pizza is the perfect summer dinner with its combination of pesto, basil and fresh mozzarella. Feel free to use the dough recipe and top with whatever toppings you'd like!
Morrisons The Best Single Serve Margherita Pizza
Please note this post may contain affiliate links. It’s just one of the ways I earn income from this blog. Thanks for supporting me!
Since it’s Friday and that means the weekend! I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share. So why not try a different kind of pizza? Make some Arugula Pesto or even a batch of Basil Pesto both are soquick and easy to put together, and use some of it to make this honest to goodness out of this world Pizza. Some people may call it a Gourmet Pizza we just called it delicious.
So if you are looking for a new way to bring life to Friday or Saturday Pizza Night, I definitely think this is it! So if you do make it I would love to hear your take on it. Buon Appetito!

Calories: 439 kcal Carbohydrates: 51 g Protein: 15 g Fat: 19 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 23 mg Sodium: 1060 mg Potassium: 167 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 8 g Vitamin A: 1080 IU Vitamin C: 8.4 mg Calcium: 178 mg Iron: 3 mgI make pizza at least once a week for my kids. The dough is so simple to make, and so quick to rise, it’s no big deal. When my kids get home from school, we often make the dough together. Then, I stick my pizza stone into the oven and we head out to ride bikes and play with the neighbors. When we get home, we quickly top it and bake it off. When I want to make a nice summer dinner for the grownups, I use the same crust and turn it into this thin crust margherita pesto pizza. It’s summer in a pie!!
Grilled Margherita Pizza W/ Tomato Walnut Pesto
I recommend leaving it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature first. Then, put it in an airtight container coated in olive oil. When you’re going to use the dough, take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re planning to bake pizza, to let it come to room temperature.
If you’re not going to use the dough for a while, or just want to have some backup pizza dough ready at all times, you should be storing pizza dough in the freezer. It’s not much more work to double or triple your recipe, and it’s super convenient to have a few extra backup pizza doughs. Pizza dough will last three months in the freezer. When you’re going to use your dough, remove it from the freezer, and leave it for at least 3-4 hours at room temperature to thaw. Alternatively, you can thaw the dough in the fridge to thaw overnight. Then, take it out, and let it come to room temperature before you’re going to bake pizza.

This thin crust margherita pesto pizza is the perfect summer dinner with its combination of pesto, basil and fresh mozzarella. Feel free to use the dough recipe and top with whatever toppings you'd like!
Morrisons The Best Single Serve Margherita Pizza
Please note this post may contain affiliate links. It’s just one of the ways I earn income from this blog. Thanks for supporting me!
0 Response to "Margherita Pizza Recipe With Pesto"
Posting Komentar