Easy Deep Dish Pizza Recipe With Biscuits

Easy Deep Dish Pizza Recipe With Biscuits

This deep dish biscuit pizza has all of the great flavor of a traditional deep dish pizza made easier with a homemade biscuit dough crust!

Pizza is one of my top four all-time comfort foods (along with macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and a burger and fries) – it’s something that I could easily eat enthusiastically every single day. When we have pizza (ordered or homemade) – it’s a relatively thin crust with lots of cheese and pepperoni (and sometimes sausage, too!). However, I always loved deep dish pizza. While there aren’t any places near us that make a great version, I’ve gone the homemade route a number of times, and it’s always a huge hit.

However, sometimes you want a quick pizza, you don’t want to deal with yeast, and you are craving that flaky, wonderful deep dish pizza crust. This deep dish biscuit pizza is the ultimate answer – so easy and bursting with loads of flavor!

Easy Pizza Cupcakes Recipe

Awhile back, I came across a video on Facebook for a biscuit-based pizza and made it the following weekend. I thought it might be a good recipe to have as a quick shortcut, using refrigerated biscuit dough. Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed – I thought the crust was much too bread-y, and I wasn’t a huge fan of the sauce. So, I started to brainstorm some alternatives, and this amazing pizza was the result!

First, I started with a homemade biscuit dough instead of the canned refrigerated version. It just flat-out tastes better, and I didn’t have the issue with feeling like you were eating pizza on top of a massive piece of bread. It’s still a significant time saver over yeast, so win there! Next was the sauce… I went back and used the recipe from my original deep dish pizza recipe because it’s so incredibly good. It turns out to be the perfect consistency every time! I then layered on the usual suspects – mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage and some Parmesan cheese on top for good measure.

I made two of these for dinner on Sunday and they were absolutely devoured. I think there may have been two pieces left? Everyone raved and agreed that it was a heads and tails improvement over my previous deep dish biscuit pizza.

Deep Dish Pizza Bake

I’m so thrilled to have this easy shortcut for nights when I’m craving pizza but don’t have the time or energy to whip up a yeast-based crust. I just need to stock my freezer with some pizza sauce and I’ll be set!

This pizza has all of the great flavor of a deep dish pizza made easier with a shortcut crust made with homemade biscuit dough!

Calories: 685 kcal , Carbohydrates: 49 g , Protein: 23 g , Fat: 44 g , Saturated Fat: 21 g , Cholesterol: 113 mg , Sodium: 1467 mg , Potassium: 813 mg , Fiber: 3 g , Sugar: 7 g , Vitamin A: 1000 IU , Vitamin C: 11.6 mg , Calcium: 374 mg , Iron: 4.5 mg

Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza Cups

0 Response to "Easy Deep Dish Pizza Recipe With Biscuits"

Posting Komentar