Cpk Hawaiian Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe

Cpk Hawaiian Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe

Such a tasty Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe! Pizza crust is layered with smokey bbq sauce, chicken pieces, creamy mozzarella, sweet pineapple, and flavorful red onion and cilantro. The best pizza recipe ever? It just might be!  

I’ve got pizza on my mind lately. Oh wait, I always have pizza on my mind. It’s been one of my favorites foods as long as I can remember, and I have the feeling that is never going to change.

-

Pizza is just comfort food at it’s best, and when done right it’s sure to please. I love how creative you can be with homemade pizza!

Bbq Chicken Pizza {california Pizza Kitchen Copycat}

Pizza topping options are endless, and you don’t need to just stop at Italian or American flavors. A few I still need to try are Thai pizza, enchilada pizza, and a potato rosemary pizza (and that list goes on and on).

Today, I went with the classic BBQ chicken pizza, but gave it a Hawaiian spin. This Hawaiian pizza will be very familiar to you if you’ve ever ordered something similar at California Pizza Kitchen.

To be honest, I’ve never ordered there (I think I’ve only been there once or twice my whole life), I just used their idea for inspiration. Their chicken pizza uses Gouda cheese, which would also be delicious if you wanted to use half mozzarella and half Gouda for this recipe.

Best Bbq Chicken Skillet Pizza Recipe

I also added bacon would taste great, because really can you go wrong with bacon? Plus, I thought this BBQ chicken pizza needed that saltiness to balance out the sweetness from the pineapple.

And you can use homemade or store bought bbq sauce for this recipe. My favorite store-bought sauce is Bulls Eye Original). It has a good depth of flavor, so when I don’t have an hour to wait for a bbq sauce to simmer, I usually go with that one.

You will love this homemade pizza recipe! I know I will be making it time and time again, and doesn’t it have summer written all over it? I’m sure this will be one of my go-to pizzas this summer, and I’m sure I’ll even be grilling it!

Hawaiian Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe

Such a tasty pizza recipe! Pizza crust is layered with smokey bbq sauce, chicken pieces, creamy mozzarella, sweet pineapple, and flavorful red onion and cilantro.California Pizza Kitchen was one of the first places to make really unique pizzas. This BBQ chicken pizza features chicken, barbecue sauce, mozzarella, Gouda cheese, and red onion.

Pizza may be originally from Italy, but it truly came into its own in the US. While they have been making pizzas in Naples the same way for hundreds of years, Americans created almost dozens of varieties of pizzas with almost endless toppings. California Pizza Kitchen is known for its innovative and unique pies like Barbeque Chicken Pizza. The next time you are craving a slice, skip delivery and trying making this homemadeBBQ Chicken Pizzarecipe!

When it comes to pizza, everyone knows the basic formula: Dough, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings. But you can forget all that when making thisBBQ Chicken Pizzarecipe!

-

Hawaiian Bbq Chicken Pizza Delivery Near Me

While this pizza may start with the same dough base as a regular pie, things quickly get much more interesting. California Pizza Kitchen instantly increases the sweet and savory level by substituting BBQ sauce for tomato sauce. You can use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe, but if you are buying something new, choose a basic, tomato-based sauce for the best results.

Sure, this homemadeBBQ chicken pizzarecipe has the mozzarella cheese you are used to, but it also has something else, a bit of smoked Gouda. Smoked Gouda (“GOO·duh” in English) is originally from Holland. It is a creamy, white cheese that the cheesemaker exposes to smoldering wood chips, giving the Gouda a rich smokiness that reminds many people of the smell and taste of bacon.

Although this recipe only calls for a very light sprinkling of smoked Gouda, you can feel free to replace up to half of the mozzarella cheese with it if you like the taste.

Cpk Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe

The toppings start with pre-cooked chicken. When cooking the chicken beforehand, make sure to slightly under-cook it to avoid the chicken pieces from drying out in the oven. Next, use a mandolin to cut the red onions as thinly as possible.

If you don’t have a mandolin, use a sharp knife and do the best you can. After the pizza comes out of the oven, sprinkle some rough-cut cilantro on top right before serving.

California

Some people think cilantro tastes like soap, and if you are one of those people, of course, you don’t have to use it. But if you have never had cilantro before, this is an excellent recipe to try it out. Cilantro is the leaves of the coriander plant, so if you like coriander seeds, you will also probably like cilantro. Cilantro’s unique flavor goes lovely with the sweetness of the sauce, the smokiness of the Gouda, and the acidity of the red onions.

Who Got Barbecue Sauce On My Perfectly Good Pizza?

Did you know California Pizza Kitchen has a great cookbook? They sure do! And you can get it on Amazon:The California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook.

Calories: 169 kcal | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 438 mg | Potassium: 98 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 135 IU | Vitamin C: 0.4 mg | Calcium: 88 mg | Iron: 1 mg

I recreate your favorite restaurant recipes, so you can prepare these dishes at home. I help you cook dinner, and serve up dishes you know your family will love. You can find most of the ingredients for all of the recipes in your local grocery store.

Top Secret Recipes

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Hello, Friday, it’s so good to see you! If you ask me, Friday is not quite complete without wine in my glass and pizza in the oven. Friday dinners not only need to be super tasty, but also really convenient and as easy as possible; which is why this copycat recipe of California Pizza Kitchen’s Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza is totally perfect. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the start of a fantastic weekend!

-

Pizza is my all-time favorite food, of all of the foods in the universe! There are so many different varieties that I love. As a child it had to be pepperoni or pepperoni and sausage, but my tastes have matured a bit since then- and I have to say, it doesn’t get much better than this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza. From the savory barbecue sauce to the spice of the onion and topped off with sweet pineapple chunks and a dash of cilantro… YUM!

My spelt flour crust is a wonderful healthy pizza crust, but it’s not near as quick as store-bought and on Friday I’m pretty much beat, so unless I’ve pre-made a crust, store-bought it is. Brad and I both really like Mama Mary’s Whole Wheat Pizza Crust, an incredibly tasty thin crust, seen in these pictures.

Copycat Bbq Chicken Pizza

For the barbecue sauce I used one of my favorite Kraft varieties, the Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce. Use whatever barbecue sauce you fancy. I used a white onion, but I really wished I would have had a red onion on hand. The original California Pizza Kitchen’s Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza uses red onion and smoked Gouda cheese. Trader Joe’s has a yummy smoked Gouda cheese, but I also didn’t have this on hand, so mozzarella it was. Still super delicious! Ingredient measurements in the recipe are just a guide and what I used for my pizza- feel free to use any amounts that you prefer.

Nutritional information calculated using my spelt flour pizza crust. To decrease calorie count, go lighter on the cheese or cheese-free. You could also reduce the amount of barbecue sauce and/or chicken used.

Serving: 2 pieces , Calories: 447 kcal , Carbohydrates: 58.9 g , Protein: 21.5 g , Fat: 15.4 g , Saturated Fat: 5.8 g , Cholesterol: 48.4 mg , Sodium: 652.3 mg , Fiber: 6.8 g , Sugar: 20 g , Vitamin C: 5 mg , Calcium: 180 mg , Iron: 3.2 mg

Copycat

Thai Chicken Pizza (california Pizza Kitchen Copycat)

Tag @ on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!

0 Response to "Cpk Hawaiian Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe"

Posting Komentar