This Gluten Free Margherita Pizza is completely foolproof, with the easiest & most delicious gluten-free pizza dough recipe. It’s thin, crispy on the bottom, and perfectly chewy. It gets topped with a quick homemade tomato-basil marinara sauce, plenty of fresh mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and lots of fresh basil!
Although I love a good, high-maintenance, topping-filled pizza piled high with prosciutto, wood-fired mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, truffle oil, and balsamic glaze, sometimes, there’s nothing quite like the classic. A margherita pizza! A perfectly simple marinara, fresh mozzarella, parm, and basil make this pizza special – this is the perfect example of times when the simplest things are the best. Plus, it’s gluten-free!

I’m not personally gluten-free, but a number of people in my life are, and I also love experimenting and playing around with alternative flours. It’s just fun! I enjoy the challenge, and I really find so much joy in cooking for other people, and I like having options for everyone! Hence, I got to work on this gluten-free pizza dough, which I actually LOVE.
Caprese Pizza With Basil Pesto
As a gluten-loving, carb-obsessed person, I’m always semi-skeptical of gluten-free breads and baked goods, but this crust is everything I want in a thinner crust pizza dough.
It’s perfectly thin, crispy, and chewy, and it stands up beautifully to a thick layer of garlicky tomato-basil sauce, lots of fresh mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and fresh basil leaves!
This flour is made with a blend of white rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, and xantham gum. This particular blend is so nice, because you don’t have to add anything else to it. It subs perfectly in recipes where you’d use wheat flour or any kind of all-purpose flour. And in this case, it works great for pizza dough.
Gluten Free Sourdough Pizza Bases (vegan, Fodmap Friendly)
I’ve had a lot of success using it in muffins and cookies, too! Even if you’re not gluten-sensitive, it’s still such a fun flour to use and experiment with in your kitchen!
This dough only requires the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, warm water, yeast, honey, an egg, salt, and olive oil. Super simple! No extra tough-to-find ingredients like different gums and starches. It’s all already in the flour, ready to use.
All you need: olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil. It simmers for a quick 15 minutes, and it makes a little extra so you can use it in other recipes throughout the week! Or lets be real, another pizza. 🙂
Gluten Free Pizza That Is Actually The Real Deal
Since this gluten free pizza dough is on the delicate side before it’s cooked, I find the easiest way to roll it out, is directly on your pizza stone (if you have one!), or baking sheet!

The other crucial part to making the crust as crispy as possible, is to par-bake it. Before adding the toppings, I like to bake it for 15 minutes, so that the bottom gets crispy, and the top starts to get golden-brown. This step creates a barrier between the crust and the sauce and to prevent any sogginess. It is crucial – so don’t skip the par-bake step!
After the crust gets baked for 15 minutes, we add the marinara, mozzarella, and parm, and it heads back into the oven for another 12-15 minutes. Until the cheese is perfectly golden and bubbly, and the crust is perfectly crispy and golden! Don’t be alarmed if your crust cracks slightly on top, or on the crust – that’s totally normal and to be expected!
Low Carb Gluten Free Margherita Pizza
I also enjoy finishing it with some red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and flaky salt, but that’s just me! You can add whatever “extras” you like to this pizza!
The result is a thin, crispy, but not cracker-like pizza, and having the homemade simple tomato-basil marinara really makes it! And the fresh basil, obviously. I am so excited that we’re approaching basil season – I love it SO much!

This pizza serves 2-3, but for more reasonable people, you could probably serve 4. Especially if you make a big salad to have alongside!
Classic Margherita Pizza
If there’s any leftover, that is! I like to reheat it in the oven (preferably on a pizza stone!) to keep it as crispy as possible.
And if you’re like me, and always want a little green with your meals, these salads would be awesome to serve alongside this pizza!
Lemony Farro Arugula Salad (can you tell how much I love farro?! you could sub quinoa or even brown rice in this one too)

Gluten Free Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
Chopped Greek Quinoa Salad with Pita Chip Croutons (you could omit the pita chips or sub for gf version to keep gf!)
Don’t forget to share a photo on Instagram and tag me @ if you make this recipe! Nothing makes me happier than seeing what you create in the kitchen!
This Gluten Free Margherita Pizza is completely foolproof, with the easiest & most delicious gluten-free pizza dough recipe. It's, thin, crispy on the bottom, and perfectly chewy. It gets topped with a quick homemade tomato-basil marinara sauce, plenty of fresh mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and lots of fresh basil!
Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
Keyword best gluten free pizza, best pizza sauce recipe, gluten free margherita pizza, gluten free pizza crust, gluten free pizza dough, italian pizza sauce recipe, margherita pizza recipe

*Recipe makes more tomato-basil marinara than you will use for this recipe. Extra will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
0 Response to "Gluten Free Margherita Pizza Recipe"
Posting Komentar